“Hilton Paddington”

Hilton London Paddington
Ranked #410 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Great location for taking the train and nicer accommodations for the price? Ask for newly refurbished rooms. Be aware they do have a lot of windy hallways that seem to go on forever. Wifi could be more affordable. Only other negative was the awful so called omelette I ordered, extremely flat and almost fried looking.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Meredith B, Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear Ciaocb

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay although I do note your comments witrh regards to the corridors and the Omelette. Our Chef does fry them but I will ensure they are fluffy in the future.

In the menatime, happy travelling and once again, thanks for your review.

Genereal Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,069)

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights and loved it! Amazing location - close to the tube/train stations. The hotel was very clean and tidy.

The staff were so helpful and I would definitely recommend this place!! I would go back in the future!

Made our London trip very enjoyable

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank KWard126

Dear Karina H

Thank you for your review. My team and I were pleased to read your comments and hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had been so many times to London - a favourite metropolitan destination of mine - and I had experienced different stay locations in the city, and had gotten used to some around Marble Arch (for Oxford Street proximity) and Kensington (for a calm but close location).
However in my last vacation this summer with the family I truly discovered the ultimate hotel: Hilton London Paddington.

I will start with the residence itself - in one word fantastic. All staff are amiable. The standard room is of decent level and spacious enough. Breakfast is excellent with major ingredients present to make your day. Then the location couldn't be more perfect (although the hotel is worth any, but you still need to move easily in London to make the best of it). Not only Paddington station is a step outside, with underground access to everywhere and convenience shops opening late. But you also have the best selection of restaurants nearby, in what looks like a reasonably safe neighbourhood.

So if you can afford it I really recommend it. In case your chosen season's rates are high, definitely opt for it when you have accumulated points from the Hilton HHonors fidelity scheme.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear RSukkar

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had booked a deluxe room but were given a standard, and I am a HH Gold member. Managed to get the room I had paid for after calling the front desk, in my second room I found the bathroom dirty with urine on the toilet seat - disgusting. All in all a terrible experience and I couldn't be happier to leave.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank JacobiEstocolmo

Dera JacobiEstocolmo

Thank you for your review. I was very sorry to read that your experience did not meet your expectations as a Hilton Hotel.

I have indeed shared your comments with my senior team for immediate action. I only wish that you had reported these difficulties at the time as I am sure we owuld have acted instantly and throughly to make your stay much more enjoyable.

I do hope your experience does not prevent you from visiting us in the near future.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice and big rooms. Typical of the high Hilton standards. Hotel is connected to Paddington station, which makes it easy to use the Heathrow Express as well as hop on trains to other parts of the UK.

Wish the chargeable room internet was made more affordable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank waiwingtaialbert

Dear Waiwingtaialbert

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here ten months ago on business for a couple of nights for a conference that was taking place in the hotel and was very impressed. In a lot of hotels with a grand entrance, it usually stops once you get to the rooms and becomes a bit more standard, however all of the way through the lovely Edwardian feel and decor is there that even extends into the rooms with lovely touches of walnut and a feeling of quality.

Breakfast was fantastic and the waiting staff were superb and of course the location is fantastic for the Heathrow Express and Paddington station as it is built into the station.

I was planning on returning this month for the reason of location and previous experience, however I had no idea of the price of the rooms. Just looking this evening, they start off at £300 per night without breakfast!!! It's a very nice hotel, but I'm only staying there if someone else is paying.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Julesbusiness

Dear Jules Business

Thanks for a great review. We'll pay the bill!!!!! Or rather - if you join Hilton Honors and continue to visit Hilton Hotels around the world, you will be able to redeem points for stays. Meaning that you won't pay the bill - and we'd love to have you back.

Happy travelling

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Nicely finished rooms. Good breakfast. Comfortable bed. Overall - things done well, no fuss. A mark off for the slightly mean provisions in the exec lounge and the gym which is needing new equipment.

I don't usually use this hotel in London as their rates are outwith what I can pay when on business (had a special code this time). Therefore if I am to come back, the rates need to be a bit more reasonable.

Room Tip: Internal view for peace and quiet