Hilton London Paddington
4,252 results
All reviewstrain stationgwr towerthe executive loungesteam bartower roompraed streetdirect accessconvenient locationhotel lobbyexcellent locationhyde parkmini bartube linesby london standardsan upgradepaddingtonconvenience
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This place was perfect in terms of convenience. I needed one night on my way out of Oxford and wanted to be able to hop onto the Heathrow Express the next morning without much bother. The rooms are pleasant, pretty much how they'd be at any Hilton. The staff, however, weren't at all interested in being welcoming. I got there 3 hours before check-in. I definitely understand that the room might not be ready, and in fact it wasn't. I was told to come back in an hour. So after finding the pub right in Paddington, I came back an hour later. They acted as if I was bothering them. I sat and read. Precisely at 3 they told me (and all the other people waiting) that the rooms were ready. Eh, not horrible, but also just sort of obvious that they have rules and they stick to them and so what if their customers are inconvenienced. If you need a place for one night and convenience is key, then by all means, this is fine. But I certainly wouldn't bother staying for a few days visit in London.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank lulusmom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Wanted to stay at the Hilton Paddington for its access to Paddington Station and were just staying for an overnight. Elegant in appearance, superior access to the train station just through the lobby door! But the most congenial were the porters and doorman. Reception seemed unclear or having trouble with English. Restaurant was very noisy with the small business tables adjacent. Service in the restaurant was okay. In the morning, we had a prepaid breakfast but it was buffet again! Ugh! We had been told it was a served breakfast. Just through the lobby and into the train station were so many other options for a delicious breakfast of any kind. And...we didn't get any of our Hilton Honors points because we had prepaid with our travel agent...who got the points???? Convenience to Paddington isn't worth this.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jjhcdm
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have stayed many times in this hotel and of course the location is king if you travel from/to Heathrow. Rooms have been improved and refurnished during the years and you pretty much get what you expect from an U.K. Hilton, an okay stay.

This time however was horrible. I was given a room (sorry cannot remember the number) on the first floor facing a loading dock or similar. There was a constant noise of traffic; lorries and people shouting while working starting approximately at 3am. I am not a light sleeper but rest of my night was ruined. I understand this is a city hotel with some outside noise but make sure you get a quiet room when checking in. Manager on duty promised a better room for me next time.... let's see if their CRM is up to date if I come back...

I still prefer Hilton (even overpriced) against others in the area (Novotel: nice and modern but quite a walk, Mercure: very small rooms, go there only if you arrive very late and do nothing else but sleep).

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, inside the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank krdn-ctlr
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed here in September 2012 based on a recommendation from a friend that had recently visited London. I loved it. It was very convenient for us after arriving on an overnight flight --- they seemed to realize how exhausted we we were and our room was ready (and the were fast at check in) at 2:30 in the afternoon. I thought the bathroom was great - huge - and the room wasn't as small as i had expected for London. Very, very close to the Underground.

We didn't eat breakfast in the hotel - it always seemed crowded and we were usually in a hurry to get out - but there are plenty of little bagel shops and such across the street.

As for nightlife, you are just a few stops over from Leiceister Square - which was very convenient because we went out every night!

I would definitely stay here again and I'd also recommend to friends!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chrissyinatl
Michaelmhwll, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Chrissyinatl

Thank you for staying with us recently and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much, especially as you came to us as a result of being recommended, and that you found the hotel so convenient for what sounds like an enjoyable time in London. I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

with kind regards

Mike Williamson

Reviewed September 22, 2012

What you come to expect from Hilton - nice hotel, well staffed, with rooms nicely appointed. The staff is a bit 'stiff' but I suspect that is the British way. You don't get the warm and fuzzies but you do get excellent service.

The only negative was the maze that was the path to my room....it did make me wonder what i would do in an emergency. So much so that I made it a point to locate to two closest exits to my room and counted the doors between my room and the exits. Just in case.

Other then that little paranoid item, I recommend the Hilton if you want to be located near excellent public transportation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank prs2007

Dear Prs2007

Thank you for staying with us and for telling us about your stay on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying with us and that you recommend us to others. I know that it is a difficult line between providing the right level of service whilst appearing relaxed, we will need to try a little harder at the latter ! The hotel itself was built in 1854 and hence like many older buildings in London it is not a uniform shape, but as you found, I can assure you that all areas of the hotel are more than well served with fire exits together with all precautionary equipment as is required by UK law, Hilton H&S policy and London Fire brigade requirements ! Thank you again for your comments and I hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to London.

with kind regards