“Great location and comfy beds”

The Trafalgar Hotel
Ranked #364 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Seattle, Washington
“Great location and comfy beds”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our room is so quiet we sleep in until nearly 9 am. Love it. Nice bar with good service. Wifi in common areas works great. Room is spacious with great bath. Trafalgar Square is a great location to walk everywhere in London.

Room Tip: We had room 102 which was quiet and spacious. There isn't a pool or spa but somehow those popula...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Christina H, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear lesliebauman,
Greetings to Washington!
I am so thrilled to see that you have rated us with such a high score regarding your recent stay with us.
It is great to hear you had a relaxing stay with us and that you were comfortable in your room!
I do hope to see you again on your next visit to London!
Christina.hernandez@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Great location and friendly staff but... At this price point the rooms should be well maintained and clean. We found a lot of shabby carpet and furnishings more fitting to a budget motel. Food and drinks way over priced. Great location if you do not mind overpaying for amenities.

1 Thank Dogma38
Dear Dogma38,
We appreciate receiving your feedback regarding your past stay with us.
Thank you for mentioning the great staff we have and our location. I’m glad these assets caused a positive impact on your stay with us.
However, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations regarding the room decor and furnishings. We strive to make sure that all guests staying at The Trafalgar feel comfortable at all times and will, therefore, proceed to follow up with Housekeeping in order to avoid this happening in the future.
I do hope to restore your faith in us and would, therefore, like you to please contact me personally to handle any future bookings.
Christina.hernandez@hilton.com
La Honda, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had a fine experience here for two nights. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and gave us a restaurant recommendation that worked out very well. The rooms were clean, comfortable and roomy. The shower hot and powerful. We just found the lighting in the hallways and elevators a bit strange. Kind of dark, disco, with changing colors. Maybe if we were younger... Certainly can't beat the location, right on Trafalgar square. All the attractions are close and getting anywhere is a breeze from this location. Everything is expensive in London. We used Hilton points, so can't complain about the price for the rooms. The cost of a couple of bar drinks made our eyes bug. I also had a pet peeve about the bar stools, which are very uncomfortable and there is no overhang at the bar, so you have to sit sideways - which doesn't work well for eating. Otherwise, an excellent hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Christina H, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Kim Y,

Thank you for commenting your recent stay with.

I am thrilled to see you have rated The Trafalgar with a score of four stars.

We strive to give the best customer service and I´m satisfied you mentioned the staff were friendly and helpful. I will definitely pass on this information as I´m sure they will appreciate your feedback.

I´m glad you felt the rooms were comfortable and clean which demonstrates that we met your expectations and allowed you to have a great experience.

As for your comment regarding the Bar, please understand that The Trafalgar is located in a very competitive area and therefore, our prices try to differentiate our special cocktails from others found close by the Hotel.

I will also discuss your feedback regarding the uncomfortable bar chairs with our Rockwell Bar Manager. I am looking forward to welcoming you back very soon. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Christina.Hernandez@hilton.com
Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had to book twice for transport since they forgot to book it the first time. On the second try they booked it later than we asked for and the concierge just left us outside. The staff do not care. Service is terrible for a 4* hotel.

However, the rooms are big for london and reasonably well equipped. Location is great.

However I would not stay again

• Stayed June 2013
Stephanie R, Assistant Front of House Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Flight380,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at The Trafalgar.

This level of service is a rarity and please accept my sincere apologies for your experience. I would like to reassure you that I have passed on your comments about the poor car service standards to the team and retraining will take place as a result.
I have also contacted the car service and asked for an explanation regarding the unpleasant behaviour of the driver. Please allow me to apologize on their behalf. After investigating the matter more closely, I can confirm that the car was indeed booked for you; however the driver was unable to accommodate your travel request at an earlier time due to London’s very busy traffic. The car that was booked for you could not store your luggage in the front row seat as this is in fact not allowed by Health and Safety laws in the UK. I have spoken to the team member that had initially placed your luggage in the wrong car (which had arrived for a different guest) and have shared my concerns regarding your comments with him.

I hope that this experience will not deter you from choosing The Trafalgar again. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally with regards to any future bookings.

Best Regards,

Stephanie Richter
Stephanie.Richter@hilton.com
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were staying at this hotel for two nights. unfortunately because we had the odd shower the Vista Bar was closed for the duration of our holiday. the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. The location of the hotel is perfect and the breakfast was very nice too. I would consider staying here again and would hope that the weather was better so we could experience the Vista Bar next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carl L
Dear Carl L,

I am so pleased to see that you gave The Trafalgar a four star rating. Thank you for doing so.

We always strive to deliver great customer service and I am delighted to read that we were able to do so during your stay with us. Please be assured that I will share your great comments with the entire staff, which is always highly appreciated.

Unfortunately, on this occasion, you weren´t able to enjoy the beautiful views at our Vista Bar due to the weather conditions, although I do hope you have an opportunity to do so in the near future.

I am looking forward to welcoming you soon!

Christina.Hernandez@hilton.com
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Although we splurged a little bit on our hotel selection for London it was completely worth it! We had a great experience while staying here, but did almost get double charged for drinks we had at the rooftop bar when we were checking out. I recommend paying for them on another card and not charging them to your room to make sure it's correct. I am sure it was a simple mistake but it was an expensive one. Overall, the hotel was beautiful and always lively. We purchased 1 day of breakfast at the discounted rate offered at check-in and wish we had bought 2 days! The selection was amazing and freshly prepared! We enjoyed the rooftop bar one beautiful night. They brought a heater right to our table for us since it was a chilly September night. I would highly recommend others to stay here but to just make sure to check their bill on the way out. Luckily the manager was available at checkout and took the doubled drinks off for us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great location, nice family room and terrific breakfast. Beds are very comfortable and the service is the best. The only thing to complain about is the lighting in the corridors. Location could not be better for a tourist visit to London.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lephantome
Dear Mr Lephantome,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and pointed out the location of the hotel as one of our best attributes.

I will also take into consideration your comment regarding the lighting in the corridors and pass it on to our Executive Office.

On behalf of The Trafalgar, we hope to welcome you soon in the near future.

christina.hernandez@gmail.com