“I can't rate this hotel highly enough!” 5 of 5 stars

The Bloomsbury
Ranked #57 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“I can't rate this hotel highly enough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We will definitely be staying here for all our future London visits.

Excellent location, first street on the right after Tottenham court (get out at exit 3), gorgeously appointed rooms, very cool lobby but most of all FANTASTIC 5 Star service!! We have stayed in rooms that are triple the price of these and have never received such good service with a fresh juice and towels on arrival. The lady at reception is an absolute darling. Our first room didn't have a view (it was still a lovely room we just wanted a bit of a London view) and there were none in our category with views available that night but the very next day she moved us to a gorgeous room with a view and went out of her way to do so. I was sick during our stay and the late night room service lady made me a special lemon and honey tea for my cold despite it not being on the menu and recommended soups to help me feel better... Just all round stella staff that make you feel very welcome.

The Bloomsbury Hotel is in a super cool location in London, close to heaps of trendy spots - a must stay for every traveller - I can see this place moving up to a 5 star rating once they have a pool.

Stayed July 2014
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! It is fantastic to read that you enjoyed so many facets of the hotel ambiance and service. Sorry to hear you were unwell, I am so pleased our team went the extra mile to make you feel that little bit better.

Please contact me directly if I maybe of any future assistance, at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great hotel and great staff. Brian is a great concierge and the bellmen are uniquely helpful. Luis is a gem and recent addition. He even walked us toward our location to be sure we wouldn't get lost. It's a long but pleasant walk down Charing Cross Road to Trafalgar Square, the Royal Horseguards, 10 Downing Street, Westminster Abbey and the Parliament. Very convenient to some of the top plays and musicals. Only two blocks from the British Museum.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind words, I am delighted that you enjoyed the overall experience, and particularly our location. I am delighted to hear about Luis, he is indeed only with us in the last few months but he is doing extremely well.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury London soon.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Wow, what a great hotel. Excellent location, excellent warm, friendly and accommodating staff. Short walk to a tube station, Soho and Covent Gardens about 10 minutes way. Once you walk inside the doors of the hotel, you are instantly greeted by a relaxed and calming atmosphere, set by wonderful scented candles. We stayed with a group of 7 friends. All of our rooms were big, spacious and impeccable presented. Dessert plate from Head Chef Paul was a treat. Popcorn at 1am was just what we needed after a long day sightseeing. Breakfast was excellent, well appointed buffet with plenty of variety of fruit, meats, pastries, juices with hot breakfast from the Kitchen. The late night bar staff were very helpful and attentive to our party - not an easy job. I've stayed in some of the best hotels in the world for work and The Bloomsbury is by far my favorite.
A must for anyone looking for a hotel in London. Congrats to Michael and his wonderful team. Looking forward to my next visit already…

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
      Rooms
2 Thank citygirlontravels
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review, it sounds like you had an amazing experience. We are delighted that Paul and our team made your party so enjoyable.

Vasteras, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed at The Bloomsbury Hotel late June 2014 and had a lovely stay. The staff were all very friendly. We got a very good and nice room that had all we needed. The hotel is on a street just behind Oxford Street close to the Tottenham Court Road tube station. The location is perfect.
The hotel has a very calm and relaxing atmosphere and it was very quiet.
The room was modern and clean and the bathroom was also nice and clean.
We had no complaints.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Jorgjorg

experience created.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury London soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location and very accommodating staff. Perfect for Soho and Covent Garden with rooms of a very high standard and impeccably presented. I don't think you could do better at this very reasonable price. Highly recommended - we wouldn't think twice about visiting again.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad to hear that you will return, I very much look forward to personally welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury London.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I've stayed in many hotels, including many luxury hotels, and this is my favorite hotel ever. We arrived here after originally having booked a less expensive hotel, but when we went to check into that hotel, I just thought it was too grim and industrial to stay in for a vacation in London that we'd long been looking forward to. After looking at the reviews for the Bloomsbury Hotel, we arrived here, and couldn't have been happier.

It's everything you'd want in a London hotel. Beautiful, great location. Heck, it even smells great. The appointments are as nice, and the service is as good as any of the best hotels I've stayed at. But it's the staff who really set the place apart. They are completely wonderful -- genuinely nice and helpful, from the gentleman who took our bags at the door, to the lovely woman who booked us in, to the two concierges who took it upon themselves (bless them) to sort out a large snafu with our rental car. This is the kind of hotel you remember with great fondness, and come back to. We certainly will.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank meichner27516
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind words.

I read with great pleasure that we have become a wonderful memory for you, much owing to our team and the beautiful building we work in.

I very much look forward to personally welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury London soon

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We have planned our birthday party for our kids and the Head Chief-Sir Paul (very down to earth person) assisted us with all the menu and other arrangments. We are including our guest was very impressed with the selection of the menu, great tasting food, great venue (being in the center of London), room are clean and very helpful staff . The breakfast selection is also great.Our guess was also impressed that they wanted to arrange there party in the future also in the hotel .
I would definitely well come back and stay, book an event in this hotel. Im completely satisfied with our stay, the venue, the food, excellent support of the staff especially the Head Chief-Sir Paul and Maria who have help us above and beyond of there Job.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Daryl V
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind words. Our location and proximity to London’s very best attractions is second to none. I have shared this review with our Executive Chef, Paul and Maria – they are humbled for being singled out.