“Sonya W "Great time in London UK"”
Review of The Bloomsbury

The Bloomsbury
Ranked #68 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed at the Bloomsbury Hotel in London, UK. It was very nice and clean. The people were very friendly. It was located to local shops and restaurants. The British museum was within walking distance. Also, you could walk to Soho, Picadilly Circus, and Leceister Square. The only thing that I did not like about the hotel is that we saw a mouse in the hotel lobby. Also, the rooms are very small but are ver clean. We informed staff and they took care of it. Other than that, we had a great time. The breakfast was good. The hotel is convenient to the subway station as well. Overall, the stay was great!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience in London and of course with us. I am delighted with how your stay with us went, especially breakfast and the feeling you left us with.

I must say, that your comment in regards to your sighting is of concern to me, and I would be very grateful for the opportunity to discuss – please contact me at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,426)

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed just for one night for and to see a show. Really excellent hotel.Had hot towels and drink at reception.Lovely room with air conditioning, very quiet with a turn down service..Great location near to tube and West End. Excellent breakfast and attentive staff.Really felt this was a very special hotel. Really the best hotel in the area

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Excellent hotel that I would be happy to recommend for a trip to London. Superb location for all types of visitors. Staff extremely friendly in general and were very pleasant and efficient in particular at reception.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience in London and of course with us. I am grateful that you have singled out our reception team, I look forward to thanking them personally for the efforts in making your stay an excellent experience.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed on business last October and was not disappointed. In fact the disappointing thing was that I had to check out and leave.

Good points:
Location to Oxford street & West end theaters
Beautiful boutique hotel
Would prefer over both Raddisson hotels which are 60 second walk away
Quiet location - which is ironic given its location to Oxford street
Service service and service - this is how it is done, from receptionists, restaurant staff to porters
Room size is good for central London
5 minute walk to Tottenham Court road tube station
Very nice breakfast

Bad points:
I had to leave
Couldn't fault it on this trip,

I am due to stay here again in July so I will be interested to see if the hotel has maintained its standards since my last trip.

I stay in this part of London regularly and this hotel can be pricey relative to the 2 Radisson hotels which as I mentioned above are extremely close however if you are not price sensitive, or an a personal trip, then I would choose this one every time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank OllieR21

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience in London and of course with us. We are delighted that the experience made you feel special, and that our team could contribute to an overall exceptional experience. I will be sure to share this review with them all at our next team gathering.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We have just had 2 wonderful nights at The Bloomsbury. From the moment we checked in we were made to feel special and when they found out it was my wife's birthday and our anniversary they lavished us with little extras. The room was comfortable, the food was excellent and the staff were so attentive and friendly. It's position just off Tottenham Court Road and 2 minutes from Oxford Street is so handy. Next trip London this will be the hotel of our choice. Never got to use the fitness centre so cannot comment. Criticism, the usual one, the room lighting is inadequate. Why do all the hotels forget that women need to do their hair and put on their make up

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience. A belated congratulations for your recent celebrations! I also appreciate the very helpful comments in regards to room lighting.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Of course wherever one stays depends so much on one's needs and this hotel fit well with adding a touch of indulgence to a business trip. The location provides easy access to reasonable eating, shopping, and of course the British Museum is right there. But if you are comfortable walking in London and open to exploring it's a great spot. Easy access to trains and busses too. But the staff is what really makes Bloomsbury shine. Every single one took excellent time and attention to help the guests. Thanks to all!!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience in London and of course with us. We are delighted that the experience made you feel special, and that our team could contribute that little extra ‘shine’. I will be sure to share this review with them all at our next tam gathering.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I and my husband spent a little over a week in London on a research trip and holiday in early May. We chose the Bloomsbury Hotel mainly for its location and reputation, and for the fact that it was a "nice" hotel that fit within our budget. We were not disappointed. It was easy to get to from LHR via the tube (Tottenham Court Road station is right around the corner), and as soon as we arrived the staff made us feel welcome and answered all of our questions. Some Americans may find the standard room to be small, but it suited our needs with the en-suite bath and a desk. The lighting was a little dim and there was only a wardrobe for our clothes, but it was sufficient. I did appreciate the hotel's efforts at energy conservation; the lights only stayed on if you inserted the room key into the wall switch, so they were off while we were out. Primarily, the location was ideal; across the street from the British Museum, lots of places to eat nearby, a park down the street, quiet (for a city), and within walking distance of the West End, Trafalger Square, the National Gallery, Parliament, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, and so much more. We walked to many more places than we thought we would. In short, we will always stay at the Bloomsury when in London.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind review, for which we are very grateful. I am delighted to read how enjoyable your time with us was, and I do hope you managed to visit the attractions you mention.