“Wonderful city break”

Ranked #57 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Wonderful city break”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the bloomsbury whilst we had a city break in london. The staff were so friendly and couldnt do enough for you. The hotel was beautiful and felt so welcoming. The location was ideal as we were at the theatre that night.Would definately recomend

• Stayed May 2014
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience.
We hope you enjoyed the theatre, it is thrilling to know that our team went above and beyond.

If there is anything we can do in advance of your next stay, please do contact me at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is a lovely hotel which is very convenient for west end, Euston and St Pancras. My husband and I stayed here last weekend to attend a family party nearby. Comfortable rooms, very quiet and good for disabled guests. Staff couldn't do enough for us but didn't sample food as we were visiting relatives. Would definitely stay there again if in London.

Room Tip: We stayed at the back which was very quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience.
We hope you enjoyed the celebration, it is thrilling to know that our team were accommodating and that the hotel provided an experience that will encourage you both to return.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We had an excellent stay - lovely atmosphere, extremely helpful and friendly staff, delicious breakfast (the only meal I had at the hotel, but I had it daily), and a very central location. We even had problems with our flights having been booked incorrectly, and the hotel was accommodating when we had to turn up a day early. The walk from the tube station was barely a block, and we were able to easily explore the city and got good dinner recommendations from the staff.

It was just what I look for in a hotel: elegant, friendly, well-located - and it always smelled great, to boot. They have fancy candles in the reception that weren't overpowering.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience. It is amazing to hear that we the perfect launch pad for exploring our special city. Our Chef’s will be delighted to know that each breakfast was delicious.

Our candles create a wonderful ambience, I am pleased you noticed this small detail.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Really nice hotel - stayed here for my husband's 40th. The room was on the small side but to be expected in London. It was clean and nicely decorated. The hotel had a great location and we were able to walk everywhere but in spite of this it was very quiet and we weren't disturbed by noise at all. The staff were all incredibly friendly, helpful and polite and dealt with a broken coffee machine immediately. We didn't have breakfast included as this seemed quite expensive and didn't eat at the hotel. Overall impressed by the general ambience and really good staff.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor which was very quiet and we weren't disturbed by noise at all.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank catherine s
cork city
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

What a shambles of a stay.

The good? Great location. Rooms are decent.

The bad: checking in, the receptionist informed me that he couldn't make a transaction with my card. Next day I ring my back to find out that contrary to what the receptionist said, €366 euro was withdrawn from my account by the Bloomsbury!!!? Incompetence.

When I tried to settle the remaining outstanding balance I was met by a hotel receptionist manager who made a simple transaction as confusing as possible and delivered every reply in a most condescending tone. I will never know why some people choose a customer facing role!

At night when coming back to the hotel I discovered my card didn't work to gain access to my room. Again, back to reception I went. this time with the night staff to deal with. Different staff but same terrible attitude. The concierge sarcastically suggested he walk me to my room in a manner that suggested I wasn't bright enough to work the door! Thanks pal!

As for value for money, this place is a bit of a joke. Continental breakfast is something like 12 pounds for toast porridge and juice.

The jokers charged me for my complimentary paper on check out too.

Avoid.

Stayed June 2014
9 Thank GaryandDee
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed feedback.

We are committed to listening to our guests and in the spirit of improving all aspects of our guest experience I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you, may I ask you contact me directly at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

Many thanks and renewed apologies
Swinton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Having stayed in this hotel several times whilst on a weekend theatre break to London we found this hotel very comfortable. There is always clean linen the rooms are warm and there is always hot water. Breakfast is varied and enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Happytravellers3861
Bordeaux, France
Reviewed June 7, 2014

nice sweet british hotel very well located near the British museum and close to Tottenham station in a quite area. Breakfast could be more complete with a larger choice of vegetables and more warm dishes like sausages and sunny up eggs in the continental buffet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family