“Amazing”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is a really superb hotel. Every amenity you could need is there and the staff couldn't be nicer. I almost don't want to write this review so that the hotel isn't booked next time I'm in London. But alas, they treated us so well that I can't withhold the nice worlds. Thank you all for a very nice stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your thoughtful and kind comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the levels of service, it gives me great pleasure to know we will welcome you back to The Bloomsbury London.

Thank you once again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

My experience at the Bloomsbury was an absolute pleasure starting from the time I checked in and lasting up until the very moment I checked out. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous and really knew how to make a guest feel welcome. My room was furnished with every imaginable amenity and the bed felt great to sleep in. I think the best aspect of our stay though was becoming acquainted with the resident bartender, Joel. My associate and I were traveling on business and whenever we stopped by, he made us feel as if we were at home. The quality of his drinks could only have been matched by his warming personality and we will be sure to stop by there the next time we're in town, even if we don't happen to be staying at the hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and felt the service and comfort levels were first class throughout, and notably so in our bar!

Thank you also for taking the time to highlight Joel who was thrilled to be mentioned and I was pleased to be able to recognize him personally as a result of your review.

Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

We have just returned from a lovely weekend in London and stayed at the Bloomsbury Hotel-from the moment we arrived we were made to feel really welcome and the staff were very friendly and chatty and took an interest in what our plans were for the weekend. The room was very comfortable, the bed was lovely,the mixed nuts in the mini bar were amazing, and the full english breakfast was the perfect remedy for a hangover!! Oh and my husband was particularly impressed that there was the Sky Sports channel.....
Will definitely recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your thoughtful and kind comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the levels of service, snacks in the Landseer Bar, our cooked breakfast and of course our TV offering!

Stroud, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Just returned from an excellent one night stay at The Bloomsbury, and must say we were extremely impressed with the hotel, the staff, and the service we received. Our stay was part of my 50th Birthday celebrations, and my wife and I could not have received a better service from start to finish. We were spending the whole day in London, so arrived at 9.00am to off-load our luggage, and were immediately offered an early check-in there and then, and given vouchers for complimentary cocktails, in recognition of my Birthday.
Having spent the day sight-seeing, we returned for dinner in the Landseer Restaurant, and once seated were offered complimentary champagne (again a nice touch). When our smiling and courteous waitress accidently tipped my glass over, I was brought a replacement without hesitation. The wonderful meal was topped off with an exquisitely made surprise Birthday Cake, which made a delicious dessert. And breakfast the next day was amazing too.
On a rare night away without the kids, we were made to feel totally at home and relaxed and I really cannot recommend this place highly enough. Well done to all the staff.

1 Thank Kevin Y
Thank you for this wonderful feedback! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and felt the service levels were first class throughout, in celebration of your 50th birthday.

Your review has been shared with the team, who are all delighted we could make your experience so special.

Dudley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stop at the Bloomsbury on a regular basis for work and I can without question recommend this hotel to anyone.
I stay in many hotels all over the uk and the Bloomsbury is my favourite by far.
All the staff are polite and welcominge especial Joel the barman who made it a pleasure to spend time there.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am thrilled to hear you experience with us and felt the service levels were first class throughout, we are grateful for the recommendation.

Thank you also for taking the time to highlight Joel who was delighted to be mentioned and I was pleased to be able to recognize him personally as a result of your review.

Ormskirk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

We've stayed in many London hotels over the years, but rarely do we stay in the same one twice. However, when we checked into the Bloomsbury for the first time, last year, it didn't feel like any other hotel we'd stayed in before. We now consider it our London base and it's our first choice whenever we are in the capital. The staff are always helpful and friendly. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and the concierge have, over our visits, sourced west end tickets, hired a chauffeur driven car and provided advice and local information. The Landseer restaurant and bar is a nice place to unwind each night with an old fashioned and discuss the day.
The central location of the hotel is ideal for the British Museum and Oxford Street. A short walk in any direction and you will find yourself amongst countless London attractions.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your thoughtful and kind comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the levels of service and comfort whilst in residence. It gives me great pleasure knowing that we are your preferred choice in city that boasts over a thousand hotels.

Indeed our location lends so well to commuting around the city, in what is London’s most central location for business and exploring the delights of the West End.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

The Bloomsbury on Great Russell Street is my preferred hotel for business when I am in London. As soon as you walk in the door it's an oasis of calm and comfort. The staff are excellent and extremely pleasant and always make me feel welcome. I love the decor in the rooms. After a busy day it's calming and organic and somewhere you want to be. The coffee machine in the rooms is fantastic. It's the first thing I do when I get in. A 'good' cup of coffee and a few moments to catch my breath. One of the major advantages for me is the peace and quiet. I have never stayed in a room where noise was an issue and this is very important to me when I have early mornings and long days. The take away express breakfast is a great advantage and always good. The hotel itself is very central with public transport links 2 mins from the hotel. In fact, you have everything you need right there on your door step. I would certainly recommend this hotel for a stay, whether that be business or pleasure, and I hope to return in the not so distant future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the levels of service, in room décor and the Nespresso machine in your room. I am equally delighted to hear you were able to take advantage of a takeaway breakfast with us.

Indeed our location lends so well to commuting around the city, in what is London’s most central location.

Kind Regards,