“Fantastic Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dundee
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed at the Bloomsbury on Friday and Saturday night and we thouroughly enjoyed our stay. A very smooth check-in, room was ready and waiting for us and the concierge was so helpful. We stayed in room 206 and although we did not have a view, it was very quiet and I had a very very good nights sleep. The room was spotless and well equipped. Bathroom was spotless. We were so close to the west end and we were able to walk to both of the shows we had booked. Also breakfast was such a relaxed affair, served up to 11.00am which enabled us to have a long lie in on Sunday morning. I would definately stay here again. No complaints whatsoever. 5/5

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear HolidayHeavenDundee

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for your 5 star review!

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury London on your next visit and if there is any further I can do please do contact me at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
DUBAI
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to the Bloomsbury and I highly recommend it.

Reception area has a calm vibe compared with most other hotels that are all hustle and bustle. Check in was swift with an extremley pleasant and professional host. We stayed in a deluxe room which was very spacious by London standards. The room is well equipped also has good temp controls and a spacious bathroom with seperate shower.
The room was cleaned to a good standard each day.

The location is perfect a 1min walk to Tottenham court road station. Local shop and restraunts right out side with a supermarket and pharmacy at the end of street. Within Walking distance to Oxford street, Leicester square and Covent garden.

This is a well kept hotel that has charm and character. Rooms are well maintained.
There are often good rates to be found which is an added bonus.

I have stayed in several hotels in London but Bloomsbury remains top of my list. I will be returning to stay on my next visit to London.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Brucie43

Thank you so much for your charming review! It gives us great pleasure to know that you have chosen to return !

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We spent a superb time at the hotel. We had a lovely welcome by the staff; nothing was too much trouble. Our room was very comfortable and well-equipped and quiet. How civilized it is, too, to be able to go down, at the latest by 11.00 a.m., for breakfast and still find a wide variety of food to eat. We are not "morning" people so this was a treat not to have to rush and we could take our time to wake up! The Bloomsbury Hotel is approximately 20-25 minutes walk from the theatres in the West End which was ideal for us as we had come up so see two plays. We walked to Camden Market as well. Another bonus. It is possible to eat an evening meal at the hotel, but there are plenty of nearby restaurants if you wish to eat out. Nonetheless, the food is very reasonable in price; they do a cracking hot chocolate. The hotel is very near the Dickens Museum. Thank you to all the staff who made our stay very enjoyable and relaxing. We shall stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marple5
Dear marple5

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It gives me great pleasure to know that our team contributed so much to your overall experience.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is a fine hotel with a relaxed atmosphere that you feel as soon as you walk in the front doors, thanks to the soft lighting and scented candles burning in the lobby that feels more like the sitting room of a large home. The location is convenient for the West End, shopping on Oxford Street, Soho, Covent Garden and the British Museum. The Tottenham Court Tube station is just 5 minutes away and the hotel is easily reached by taxi from Paddington Train Station if you are arriving in the UK via Heathrow.

Rooms are quiet and well-appointed with comfortable beds, good quality linens and pillows. The hotel has a small but well-equipped fitness centre, although there is no pool. The business centre is located at one end of the lobby with terminals, printer and scanner. Wifi is available throughout the hotel.

The staff members are very friendly and helpful. All requests are met with a smile and fulfilled as soon as possible.

Breakfast is served in the lower ground floor restaurant that also serves as the dinner time restaurant. Breakfast is either from a buffet or from the menu and is well-prepared. The dinner time experience did not match up with expectations created by the rest of the experience at the hotel. The food was not so well-prepared and the prices too high for the quality delivered. You will have a better experience at nearby restaurants for less money.

For a central London hotel in this location with the level of service and quality of rooms the Bloomsbury is a very good value proposition well-worth your consideration.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are definitely on the small size. If you will be spending time in your room and n...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear RobMat23

Thank you so much for your glowing review! I am so pleased that your time with us and in London was of great enjoyment.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Lovely place for a Saturday in London. Room was great and staff very friendly. Great breakfast and room had plenty of space, nespresso was great, bathroom was very nice with a great shower. Quick to check in and out and again very friendly staff

• Stayed February 2014
Dear mcdandyandy,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Very pleasant stay - the Bloomsbury has a great relaxing feel to it. Cosy comfortable room and not at all noisy. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent - would especially recommend the burger! Our only quibble was the breakfast. The buffet style breakfast was fairly limiting and wasn't replenished - we had to ask. Overall though we'd definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lezz58

Thank you so much for your review! I am delighted your stayed was enjoyable, I am also grateful for your comments in regards to breakfast - I will personally talk to the team and share this with them.

Reading, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Great hotel, in a central location for a reasonable room rate for London. What more could you ask for. Our room was clean and cozy. Didn't have a great nights sleep due to the fire alarm going off three times but that aside would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Alison R

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. First and foremost I am delighted your stay was enjoyable. I do apologise for the alarm disturbance, it regrettably was out of our control in this instance.