“Nice but a little disappointing for a 4****” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bloomsbury

The Bloomsbury
Ranked #55 of 1,086 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice but a little disappointing for a 4****”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a Deluxe room for a long weekend. The hotel is very well located, perfect for shopping and for visiting the city. We were amazed by the beauty of the entrance, all the candles and the nice furnitures.
The room was nice, the bed was comfortable (despite the small size of the bed for 2).
There were 3 negatives issues we faced. 1) the noice of the air-conditioning of the room above us during the night, 2) the mini-bar which has compartments by drawers and the items are charged directly on the room when removed. We took a drink and had a problem with the drawer and we also discovered that the cans were dirty, sticky because of the mold inside the drawer... 3) We were checked-in and checked-out by the same receptionist who was not very friendly. He was always expeditive with us, which was disappointing and unpleasant.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tina0041
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Tina0041

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is very helpful.

I have spoken with our team about the challenges you experience. We have recently completed a full air conditioning project, all of our rooms and public areas are fully controllable for cooling or heating. I apologize for the disruption you experienced.

Owing to your feedback I have been able to understand who looked after your room servicing and check in and out experience. My assurances to yourself and to all other guests, that is not the norm here at The Bloomsbury London.

Kind Regards and renewed appreciation.

Daniel Healey, Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was our second stay at the Bloomsbury. After the first not so great stay...this one was wonderful! We cannot comment on the breakfast this time around as this was not included in the package.
After spending a week in London for business, my partner flew in to spend a long weekend with me in London. Check-in went very smooth and Ricky was outgoing and friendly: a great way to start our stay.
The room was cosy and clean. We felt right at home. The slight mishap with the stained bathrobe hanging in the closet was fixed by room service the next day.
On our last day we went for the Afternoon Tea. The service provided by the staff was so warm and gracious and spoiled us. A definite great finish to a wonderful get away weekend in London.
We will return :-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank I_lv_travelling
Dear I_lv_travelling,

I am so pleased to read your review. We take a great deal of pride in service recovery, in the instances where things do not go to plan, thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us.

Pleasure to hear about Ricky, he has a very bright future in our industry and is studying Hotel Management at Shannon University in Ireland.

We very much look forward to your return, we have made some fantastic seasonal additions as we move into the colder months for breakfast and afternoon tea.

Best wishes from the team

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I decided to book this hotel after I read the recommendations. Tucked into a quiet street, but near enough to walk or "tube it" to major sites, this place is a gem. The concierge service is excellent, the rooms are comfortable, and the "superior continental" breakfast includes offerings for any taste. I'd come again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Handle_11
Dear Handle_11

Thank you so much for your kind review.

I am delighted that you found TripAdvisor a valuable resource when deciding where to stay. It was our pleasure looking after you, and we sincerely hope to see you once again.

Best wishes,

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We booked this hotel last minute through Hotel Tonight and were not disappointed. The room we were given was compact but well furnished, nice bathroom (although please can hotels add in a magnifying mirror). The staff were friendly and welcoming and we loved the candles. The outside bar terrace was lovely and we enjoyed a drink outside at 10 30 in the evening listening to the sounds of London.
The location of this hotel is really convenient for Oxford Street and the West End. Breakfast was excellent......so altogether no complaints and we really enjoyed our stay. Would we go back-definitely.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Alison S
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Alison S

Thank you very much for your review!

We have some magnificent spaces, and the outdoor Lutyen's Terrace is no exception. Our outdoor lanterns, indoor scented candles are a signature for us.

I can tell you, that only a handful of our rooms are short of mirrors, which is currently be resolved.

It would be an absolute pleasure to welcome you back.

Best wishes

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I booked this hotel as a treat for my husbands birthday as I was taking him to a football match in london. Unfortunately the day of the match changed and we couldn't go, but decided to have a few days in london anyway. Well, all I can say is within a few minutes of entering, all disappointment was forgotten. This hotel is immaculate, food fantastic and smells delightful but what sets it above the rest is the staff. They are amazing!!! After a very pleasant check in and a chat with the receptionist we arrived in our room to find a complimentary bottle of sparkling rose and a birthday card. We couldn't believe it and were delighted. The next morning we had a fantastic breakfast served by the friendliest staff and a read of the complimentary papers before heading out. On the way I asked the concierge about theatre tickets etc. He went way beyond his duties and sent us off full of optimism and loaded with info. We had the best day we've ever experienced in london thanks to him and we were genuinely sorry to leave the following day. This hotel has a very traditional style, but incorporates the modern world flawlessly, even down to the Apple Macs for guests in the foyer and nespresso machines in the rooms. I can still smell all the different scents from the floating candles placed throughout. To sum up, If you want to stay in a beautiful central hotel and feel more relaxed and welcomed than you ever have before, then this is the hotel for you. My husband and I are still talking about it and can't wait to go back before
Christmas. The management have thought of everything to make this hotel amazing and I can't thank all the staff enough for making our break perfect.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank 100debs
Dear 100debs,

Thank you so much for your review.

The Concierge team pass on their best wishes and hope you enjoyed the sights of London! We have a signature scent around the hotel that really makes a wonderful impression, in addition to the ambiance they create.

We look forward to seeing you before Christmas!

Best wishes

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

It was great. It is hard to make me happy. But I really appreciated. Definetly if I go to london again I will choose The Bloomsbury Hotel. I don't have any relationship with The Bloomsbury Hotel group. So, trust me and stay there if you wanna realy enjoy London. By the way, hotel smells so nice.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Gokhan Sengul,

We hope you had a safe trip home.

Thank you for your lovely comments, we are pleased we could meet your expectations.

I hope to be able to meet you on your next stay with us,

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

The location of this fabulous hotel is perfect and is only a short walk to Soho, The British Museum. The Tottenham Court Road Tube Station is also super near and very convenient. My partner and I stayed in a beautiful Deluxe Room for three nights in late August which was spacious and comfortable. The room was beautifully designed, contemporary, warm and cozy with great amenities such as complimentary still and sparkling water bottles, a shinny nespresso machine, biscuits, bathrobes and a docking station.

The staff were the most polite and accommodating I have come across in some time (I travel extensively).Every perosn working in the hotel was smiling all the time.The continental breakfast buffet was presented beautifully with an awesome selection of pastries, croissants, local jams, cheeses, fruits and tiny smoothies. They also offered variety of hot breakfast to order. I opted for the full English breakfast option. I tried the Full Breakfast on the first morning and it was delicious. My partner enjoyed the eggs benedict and the americano coffee was perfect.

We enjoyed afternoon tea in the hotel on day 2.It had not been planned but when we passed several other guests eating we had to take a look at the menu. It tasted so good!! Great value and the attention to detail was outstanding. This hotel I have to say was one of the best I have stayed in in some time. It is a hidden Gem. I can’t speak enough of it. If you are planning a trip to London stay in The Bloomsbury Hotel. I don’t usually write comments on trip advisor but on this occasion I felt I had too!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cooling35
Dear cooling35,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.

This has to be one of the most complimentary reviews we have had on TripAdvisor, it is very helpful to share this level of feedback with our team whom make experiences like this possible.

With renewed appreciation and kind regards,