“Great hotel in a great location with great service” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Bloomsbury
Ranked #57 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Eu, France
“Great hotel in a great location with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We selected this hotel based on other trip advisor comments. The hotel is very well located in the center of London meters away from the British Museum. The hotel is very attentionate with customers offering a bottle of water and extremely welcoming. Love the nespresso machine in the room with six free capsules. Very comfortable bed and pillows very quiet and very clean. I would stay at this place again no doubts.

Room Tip: Room 316 was very quiet ... Off main street
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
We were all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for choosing us as your hotel of choice and for taking the time to write such a fabulous review. It was lovely to read that all the little extras we feel make a difference like the Nespresso machine really does, and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed there with my husband and son as we went to watch lion king, the hotel is very impressive, especially the room we've stayed in which was the suite, the service was also very good. I would definitely stay again! Loved it

• Stayed April 2013
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for making us your choice of hotel during your recent trip to London to see the Lion King. I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed the suite you stayed in and found the service to meet and even exceed your expectations. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've got to say, their service in every department was amazing. They're friendly and helpful and get things done when they're asked.
Finding the room was like a maze, but that was fun. The decor and feel of the hotel was great! Beautiful statues, wonderful aromas and soft lighting.
The room was good, just a shame the minibar was making a loud noise from the second day. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was beautiful.
The size the same, if not slightly larger than a premier inn room. I don't think it was worth the amount I paid..

Almost Everything about this hotel was great! I will be staying here again, in around 8 weeks time.

Pros:
Location
Decor and furniture, both in the hotel and in the room

Cons:
Size of the room
Price

• Stayed April 2013
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review following your stay with us. I am delighted that you found the staff to be so amazing and you enjoyed the decor and feel of the hotel. We all look forward to welcoming you back in around 8 weeks times and please do contact me if you need any assistance.
South Hamilton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I just came back from a 5-night stay at the Bloomsbury, and it's truly my favorite hotel. The staff is gracious, kind, and anticipate any need you may have. I stayed in a studio suite this time around, and was blown away by the sheer size of the room and how well it was appointed it was. It's an incredible value for the type of service they provide and the location.

Room Tip: The studio suites are worth the extra money - tremendous amount of space, which is fantastic for a l...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review and for making us again your home in London. I am delighted that you enjoyed one of our beautiful Junior Suites and thank you for all your kind words regarding the service you received from the team here. We all look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London.
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

From the moment I reached the wonderful doorman Mario in his bowler hat and traditional suit, I had the loveliest experience ever in a hotel stay, and that is saying a lot. I left Amanpuri resort hugging my assigned assistant and crying with her as my stay was so lovely, but nothing matched my experience at the Bloomsbury Hotel so near the British Museum.

After weather-related terrible delays getting to London, I was desperately late for my appointment for the difficult-to-get Ice Age Exhibit at the British Museum. I got to the Bloomsbury Hotel with 10 minutes’ time to reach the museum. Roddy was at the desk taking care of every problem to get me checked in, my bags to my room and a bottle of water for me in my jet-lagged, frazzled, exhausted state. I promptly spilled the water over the front desk area. They were gracious and kept working for me as the rushed to save papers and equipment I had just “christened.’ Thanks to them, I reached the exhibit on time.

I returned to the hotel to have Jonathan serving me in the warm, yet chic lounge. He was a delight helping me learn this area of London better after usually staying at the Marriott County Hall and the Kensington area. I got to my room and it was warm and beautiful while efficient and meeting every need. The young gentleman at the front desk was in my room in about 1 min. when I had difficulty getting the internet in my jet-lagged stupor (It was actually easy to get and free, I simply wasn’t functioning!). He set up my new, complicated power transformer in addition to this help and graciously refused a gratuity.

The next morning Roddy saw me on my way to breakfast with a heavy bag and escorted me while carrying the bag and seeing that I got the perfect treatment at breakfast. The smoked fish that I love was heavenly and every offering was delicious and of the highest quality.

As I was waiting to meet a friend for lunch, Nalif at the concierge desk and Andrea at the front desk arranged VIP tickets for my friend and I to attend the sought-after Pompeii exhibit at the museum as Roddy helped me with everything from a problem with my air reservation to Malta to arranging to rush me to Heathrow airport after this second museum visit. The bell staff personally escorted my friend and I to the museum and introduced us to the ticket-taker/VIP service at the door to the exhibit.

As an avid traveler, this was my first trip after two difficult injuries and a challenging illness with a related weight gain, so I wasn’t traveling in top form. It could have been a disaster. Thanks to the amazing staff at the Bloomsbury, it was the perfect trip – and they took care of it all!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Oia Lover
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of the hotel and in particular for mentioning Mario, Roddy, Jonathan, Nalif and Andrea. We were all so delighted to help make your stay so seamless and it is always fabulous to hear when staff are able make such a positive impact as the comfort and enjoyment of our guests is of utmost importance to us. I do hope that you are now safely home and over the letlag and we all look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London for business or pleasure.
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Hotels, even in this category, can often be a little impersonal. Not the case here - I don't know how they do it but everyone has a very genuine warmth about them, stepping through the doors is like coming home. Similarly the ambiance is elegant and relaxed with attention given to detail yet without being ostentatious. A remarkable place, we thoroughly enjoyed spending our anniversary here and applaud everyone that made it so special. There are not too many hotels that one would go out of there way to visit but this certainly is one.

Room Tip: Our room was an 'inner room' overlooking a small internal courtyard/light well. While there...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of the hotel and we were so pleased to be your hotel of choice for your anniversary weekend. We were all delighted to help make this weekend so special and glad that all the personal touches we pride ourselves with made such a difference. We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Hotel soon.
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night recently after a gap of 4 years. This is still a very well run hotel. It is very well appointed and the staff are helpful and courteous.
I was attending a conference in the hotel and the catering was excellent.
It is a great location being just 2 minutes from Tottenham Ct Rd underground station.
I have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We are delighted that you returned to us after 4 years and thank you for taking the time to write your review. We were so pleased to be welcome you back and honoured that you are still happy with the hotel and recommending us to family and friends. We al look forward to welcoming you back soon.