“Fantastic location beautiful interior”
Review of The Bloomsbury

The Bloomsbury
Ranked #70 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Loved my stay at this hotel everything about my three night stay was exceptional from the decor to the room the beautiful lobby area the staff the unexpected upgrade. This hotel is beautiful the seating is so comfortable the lobby bar is so attractive the location bedside Oxford street and Tottenham court Tube is just fantastic. The neighbourhood around the hotel is full of independent shops and businesses and is a lovely part of London. His hotel is Irish owned and the attention to detail was amazing. The hotel interior makes a perfect backdrop for photos. My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights in August 2012 and it made our visit to London very special. We were in London for the wedding of two friends at the Ritz, I encouraged two other friends to stay at this hotel also they each had their own rooms and were delighted with my choice. The Bloomsbury hotel was like a home away from home. I loved my room the bed was so comfortable and I had a iPod docking station so I could listen to my music. The bathroom was beautiful. Do stay at this hotel you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fabulous review and we are delighted to be your home here in London. It is always great to hear that all the little touches like the iPod docking and the attention to detail we pride ourselves in, makes such a big difference. Thank you also for recommending the hotel and for bringing your friends to stay with us. We all look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,461)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed here for two nights with 4 month old twins. The staff were very helpful especially the guys on the door who helped us carry our large amount of luggage. The concierge were extremely helpful and friendly. I think the concierge was called Gary but may have the name wrong. Went to boots for us to pick up something we needed for the babies and didn't take any money from us for his trouble. He also came and spoke to us and gave advice on local attractions. Checking up on things that interested us.
The room: was clean and although we couldn't get our large double pram along the corridor this was stored for us and we were offered help to our room with the babies should we have needed it. The room was a good size for us and we had space for our 2 mosses baskets. One downside for me was not having a window with a view as ours faced onto a wall. However we don't normally go away to sit in the room. Location was also good with a car park just across the road. I would recommend this hotel and would return if I was back in London.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for recommending the hotel and for taking the time to write such a fabulous review. It was our absolute pleasure to welcome you and your family to the hotel and I have passed on your comments to Gary who again was pleased to help you make this stay so memorable. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

From the moment we checked in until the check out the experience at The Bloomsbury was a wonderful one. We were welcomed by Mikel at reception and checked in easily. Our room was lovely - a good size with a desk, bottled water, lots of tea & coffee (and a Netspresso machine!) and a welcome present of two very delicious lemon pastries.

The room had ensuite with a shower, which was lovely - plenty of towels and a robe & slippers to relax in. There were local interest magazines for people who might need information about the area, which was a nice touch.

We were in London to visit the Pompeii exhibition at The British Museum, which meant that the location of this hotel was perfect (it's less than a 5 minute walk away). It's also just round the corner from Tottenham Court Road and the shopping delights of Oxford Street too, so a fantastic location for people wanting to explore London.

Room service was brilliant (we fancied a hot chocolate and a milkshake around 11pm and they were delivered promptly and very tasty!) and the bed was very comfortable and a good size - we both had a very good nights sleep.

The breakfast (included in the price) was the best breakfast I have ever had at a hotel, if not anywhere! There is a buffet with fresh fruit, cheeses, pastries, cereals, porridge and fruit juices but also a hot breakfast menu. I had some cheese and fruits and a full English, which was one of the best I have ever eaten. My partner had pancakes followed by porridge, which were equally as good.

We had a lovely nights stay at The Bloomsbury and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a treat or a romantic night away in central London. Thanks for such a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review and we were all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recommending the hotel and the staff and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My office is in the Bloomsbury area and I've stayed at a number of hotels - this is my favorite in the neighborhood. Nice, comfortable, clean rooms. The location really can't be beat. The staff were exceedingly nice, helpful and friendly. There is a bar downstairs that stays open pretty late which was welcome after a long day at the office and late meetings.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a beautiful review and for making us your home over here in London. It is our pleasure to look after you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

lovely, comfortable hotel in an excellent location.
the doormen are superb BUT surprisingly, for a hotel - the restaurant is excellent.
There are many restaurants nearby but the hotel restaurant is excellent and their wines are good, with a wide variety by the glass.
We used it a lot but almost overlooked it and only got round to using it when one of us was exhausted. After that, we stayed in!

Room Tip: one of us asked for a room that was not too high up as they wanted to use the stairs, not the lift
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank glasgowgigi57

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review and I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed the Landseer Restaurant and ate with us so many times during your stay. It is always fabulous to hear when we are able to surprise and delight our guests, and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and rooms are in fantastic condition with high quality furnishings. The tea/coffee spread is abundant and they even provide an electric kettle!

My room was a bit small but surprisingly comfortable given the size. My one gripe is the shower - which it appears is specific to this room type. There's no way to avoid a face slap of water when you get in. After discovering an American electric outlet which worked on my hair flatiron when my adapter/convertor did not, I was sold on this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for posting such a lovely review and we were all absolutely delighted to be your hotel of choice during your recent visit to London. I am delighted that all the little touches like the American electric outlet, the kettle and tea facilities sold you on the hotel and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have just returned from a two night stay at The Bloomsbury hotel with my husband. We were visiting London for a weekend break, art exhibitions and a show.

Our first impressions were good. On request we were upgraded to a quiet room at the side of the hotel. The staff couldn't do enough to help familiarise us with the hotel. the room was comfortable and a good size. A nice touch after a long journey was the complimentary iced tea or lemonade.
The location was excellent.We walked to most of the art galleries which was relaxing.
The bar staff were helpful and effecient.
On the second night we decided to eat at the hotel as we had had a fairly hectic day. we sampled cocktails at the restaurant bar which were good. However I wouldn't recommend eating here. There was little atmosphere in the restaurant which was almost empty. The sea bass and chips were a tasty expensive option on a limited menu. In retrospect we wish we had eaten elsewhere. The cheese and biscuits were ok but again expensive with soggy biscuits. However the breakfast was good, again super friendly staff.
We only ate breakfast on the first day choosing to eat out on the second day as there are many good choices elsewhere at a fraction of the cost.
Our only negative comment on our room was the noisy air conditioning system. Otherwise the bed was really comfortable and the bathroom stylish. We have stayed in several London hotels and this was undoubtedly the best by far. Staying here is an excellent choice as long as you are prepared to spend money. W e found the cheapest deal on booking.com.
I would stay at the Doyle collection again mainly due to the outstanding and consistent friendliness and effeciency of the staff . A rare find in a London hotel. Also it would be hard to beat the location!

Room Tip: Choose one away from the road but check whether air conditioning is noisy !
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay with us. We were delighted to be your choice for hotel for the weekend and it is always great to hear when staff not only meet but exceed expectations. I am sorry that your experience to our restaurant was not what you had hoped for but we always act on all points raised and I would like thank you for bringing them to our attention. I would also like to assure that we are continually monitoring our prices to ensure that we offer great value for money and hope this will not stop you from staying with again, where we very much look forward to welcoming you back.