“The Bloomsbury Hotel, Great Russell Street, London”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bloomsbury

The Bloomsbury
Ranked #56 of 1,088 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“The Bloomsbury Hotel, Great Russell Street, London”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This hotel is just superb for both the tourist and business man. The location is just excellent - right in the heart of the West End with The Dominion Theatre (We Will Rock You) just a 2 minutes walk away. Not that you would know it. The rooms, particularly at the back of the hotel, are VERY quiet. They are well appointed to boot. The larger rooms are particularly well equipped, On one of our stays (I've stayed on a number of times) my family stayed on one room which had a TV over the bath! We normally cannot get our son into the bath - here we couldn't get him out! The food is just excellent with a good choice for breakfast - something for all tastes. An indulgence - being able to read the daily papers over breakfast is just a great way to start the day. The staff are just great - very attentive. This hotel is very well run and managed. I have recommended this hotel to my immediate family and also to friends and my company. All who have stayed on my initial recommendation have not made any adverse comments. My sister stayed there just last weekend (60th birthday present) and I received text updates throughout her stay to say just how pleased she was with the hotel. My advice - try it. I would be VERY surprised if you will be disappointed. David.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the quadrant.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
David thank you so much for writing such a fabulous review of the hotel and for recommending us. It is a privilege to help make a special ocassion even more so and I am delighted that your sister enjoyed her 60th birthday treat with us. We are even more delighted that you enjoy coming back time after time and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Worcestershire
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Have just returned from a wonderful stay at The Bloomsbury Hotel. The staff were friendly, professional and went out of their way to help. We were upgraded to a wonderful deluxe room, which was quiet, large and with the most comfortable large bed. Breakfast was excellent, I am used to a buffet style, but here the cooked breakfast is made to order. It was superb. The location is excellent with a tube station within a couple of minutes walk. Looking forward to staying again. Would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fieldfamily
Thank you for writing such a lovely review following your recent visit with us and also for recommending the hotel. We all so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the breakfast excellent and the bed so comfortable. We all look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London.
Manningtree, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was just fantastic for what we wanted.
We needed to be near Park Lane for a swish black tie dinner at The Grosvenor and we wanted to make the most of a night away without the children.
Traditional good old fashioned service and surroundings, for not too bad a price when booked through Hotels.co
The room we had was small but luxuriously furnished, the bedding was to die for, with the most comfortable hotel bed I've experienced in a long time.
The equipment and facilities were also excellent, with an iPod speaker/charger, Nespesso coffee machine and every kind of connection and socket you could ever need.
Check in was friendly and efficient, and the front of house staff very courteous.
Sadly we didn't sample the restaurant, bar or breakfast facilities but the building is lovely. Would highly recommend

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay at the hotel and for recommending us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your brief visit with us and found all the facilities in the room so excellent. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel with or without the children.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2012

First time to London and had the pleasure of staying at the Bloomsbury Hotel for 5 nights. Business and pleasure trip combo.

Have to say the location for this hotel is PERFECT! half a block from Tottenham Court Road tube station and steps off of Oxford Street, steps away from the British Museum, and moments away from Soho and Covent Garden.. the location is supreme.

The hotel is quite nice too. Very chic and attentive. Almost too attentive.. I can open my own door, but the greeting was indeed nice. I'm not a fru fru type of guy, so the door man was a bit much for my liking, but they were sweet so.. i let them open the door for me. haha.

The room was great. good lighting options and plenty of space in the queen room. Bed super comfortable and free waters/coffee etc and free wifi which worked very well. Toilettries were great as was room service and turndown service. :) the robes and slippers were super comfy. Didnt appreciate that hot water took a while.. and frankly.. one morning didn't get any until the occupant of the room next to me stopped using the shower.. have to also say that if your neighbour is watching the tele at 3am, you will hear it.. especially if its loud.. otherwise though.. the hotel is super quiet and makes a great spot for a good restful sleep.

The TV remote was confusing. Beds super comfy. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for writing such a great review of the hotel following your recent stay here. I am delighted that you enjoyed our location, the room and all the little added extras. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are here in London and thank you for recommending us.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was my fourth stay at the Bloomsbury and it will not be the last. The reception area manages to combine elegance with intimacy, a quality that extends to other areas of this smoothly-run operation. From the calm of the candle-lit ground floor corridor to the quality of decor in the rooms, the hotel exudes class. Nor are casual visitors overlooked: washrooms in the public areas are immaculate. Staff are friendly and helpful - there's real charm to the people on the desk - but maintain a quiet reserve and the whole impression is of staying in a boutique hotel. It is not cheap, one would hardly expect it to be, given the location and standard of finish. But having stayed in more expensive places, we would not trouble to look elsewhere for accommodation in London.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Beccy G, Management at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for writing such a beautiful review of the hotel and we are all so pleased to be your hotel of choice in London. It is always great to hear when we meet and indeed exceed the expectations of our guests and it is lovely to hear that all our hard work is remembered. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are in London.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The Doyle Collection continues to raise the bar in terms of quality and doing a wonderful ambassadorial job for the modern Irish hospitality industry. This hotel is one of the world's best. From the warm Irish welcome that greeted me at check-in, to the extremely well appointed rooms with wonderful bedding and amazing shower, I almost didn't want to venture out to work or to explore the wider charms of London.

My only cause for concern is the bar and restaurant aren't being used to showcase the other wonderful aspects of modern Ireland, like our winning cuisine, craft whiskies or beers, but there is plenty of time to add this to the portfolio.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting such a great review following your recent stay at the hotel and I am delighted that you have voted us one of the world's best! We are very proud to be part of the Doyle Collection and have that wonderful mix of warm Irish hospitality alongside the local flavour of the neighhbourhood in which the hotel is situated. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are in London.
Los Gatos, California
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I travel extensively with work and am picky about the hotels I stay in. This was my first stay at the Bloomsbury and I loved it!

The General Manager and her staff provided me with exemplary service. This is one of the very few hotels I have stayed at this year where the staff remembered my name! The combination of extreme professionalism, helpfulness and quality left me with a very strong impression of this hotel. The quality of the room was extremely high, even by London's high standards.

The location of the hotel was excellent and is suitable for both business and leisure.

I highly recommend you giving this hotel a try. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: I recommend paying a little bit more for a better room. They are beautifully appointed with high-qua...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting such a lovely review on the hotel and I am delighted that you found the service exemplary and all the little touches left a very strong impression with you. We all look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London.