YHA London St Pancras
$285
$277
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewseuston roadbritish librarybunk bedsyouth hostelself catering kitchentv loungegreat locationfemale dormbedded roomking crossperson roomcross stationluggage storagefirst floorfamily roomshared bathroomlight sleeper
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here twice now before heading to Europe with my friend (via Eurostar)
So this is a great location having St Pancras literally over the road!
The rooms are basic but clean. We got a room for the 2 of us and ended up sharing with a man who didn't have the best personal hygiene!

• Stayed: October 2012
James C, Manager at YHA London St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! I'm delighted that our location was ideal for you and your partner.

I would be grateful if you contact me directly regarding your recent stay. We do not offer mixed sex/ co-ed accommodation at YHA London St Pancras. Similarly, if you'd booked a private room then you would not be sharing with any other guests.

If you could e-mail me at stpancrasdeputy@yha.org.uk with some further details, I would be only to happy to investigate what happened during your stay. I hope you enjoyed your time in London despite any problems you might have had.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hostel has a great location, it's close to the subway, railway station, and you can also walk to some attractions. There are restaurants and snack-bars near the hostel. The bed is comfortable, the room is neat. The hotel is very organized and the staff is really friendly.

I think the bathroom should be cleaned more times in a day, beause at the end of the day it would start to smell a little. Wifi is not for free, and you can only use it in the lobby or in the 1st floor if I'm not mistaken. You also have to pay for your towels (you rent them). I thought that, in the end, it became a bit expensive for a hostel, but I think the location and facilities made it worth it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that our fantastic location was ideal for you and that you made good use of the hostel's facilities.

I have discussed your feedback with our Head of Housekeeping and have introduced a further daily quality check to ensure that bathrooms are always of the highest standard. We work tirelessly to keep the hostel squeaky clean and it's disappointing that your experience was not what we expect.

Also, I'm pleased to report that Wi-fi is now free for members of YHA and Hostelling International.

I hope you had a great time in London and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice staff, good value little café inside. Have to hire towels if you don't take your own. No safe in room etc. Just remember this isn't a hotel, but good price for the area. Pub right next door, staebucks and pizza express in same row.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thanks for the review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We are indeed great value for money and it's hard to find accommodation at our prices in Central London.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

My visit was a last minute emergency need a place to stay but not enough money for a hotel. called up mid-afternoon and got a bed in a en-suite 4 bed room.
The room was clean as was the toilet and shower facilitys.
The staff were friendly and welcoming and the lounge was very nice.
Location wise you could not ask for better, 3 major rail stations in walking distance which include st.pancras international for eurostar aswel as the underground and busses nearby too.
Please note if you dont have a towel they can provide one for a deposit of £5

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights, the cafe and faculties were nice, staff were friendly and helpful.

Our room was average, there was a strange smell which we reported twice to have nothing done about, we found out the aircon pipe was leaking into the carpet hence the smell but nothing was done about it. Made it very hard to sleep. The bathrooms were very old the shower was terrible.

Location was great right across from the train stations and bus stops.

Food was really well priced.

All in all a good stay just a shame nothing was done about our smelly room.

• Stayed: August 2013