“Easy to find, but not great value”

YHA London St Pancras
Ranked #23 of 896 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hostel is located right across the street from the British Library, and only a block away from King's Cross and St. Pancras stations, making it very easy to access from various forms of transit.

The dorm room I was assigned to had a terrible odor in the bathroom, though I may have been unlucky. It was also rather cramped, but that was to be expected. There is also no free luggage storage if you check-in early (you have to rent a locker for £3).

Sadly, the wi-fi signal from the British Library isn't strong enough to reach across the street, so expect to be gouged by the pay internet here if you need connectivity that badly. You can find free internet nearby in various bars and restaurants, or in the train station.

Overall, rather ordinary accommodation, but a bit on the expensive side. There is better value to be found nearby.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for YHA London St Pancras

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

A good value for money place to stay in the heart of London. Rooms clean, breakfasts were lovely! Definitely recommend the hot rolls too. Most staff were friendly although one or two were not! I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Yha KC London is one of the bets hostel I've ever stayed in all my travelling around the globe ;-) Position is absolutely Great, King's Cross is one of the major central station in London, connected to some of the most busiest and important metro lines. The hostel is also just next to the British library another " A plus " I would say ! There is also a beautiful Starbucks just 2 min walk. Rooms are very clean and tidy, beds are comfortable, and toilets all new and freshly renewed. I would also say that I've really found a nice and friendly athmosphere in the hostel. People that works there is happy and relaxed and you've got this feeling that makes your staying even more beautiful. Thank you King's Cross Yha , hope to see you again ;-) !

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank maury_11
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Four bed dorm was large and clean. Great views out onto Euston Rd and St Pancras from the upper floors. Shared bathrooms were a little small and run down, but not bad for a hostel in that price range. Close to Tube hubs and main train stations - St Pancras, King's Cross, Euston and Russell Sq, making it great for exploring the wider city. Walking distance to the British Museum.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights in a private room with ensuite. The room was very basic (as you would expect for the price!) but clean. The road noise was quite loud but I was so jetlagged and exhausted the whole time I was there it didn't stop me sleeping! The location was excellent - I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amy D
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here for two nights during the Paralympics which was perfect as it is literally across the road from St Pancras and the 6 minute Javelin train to Olympic Park. If ever catch Eurostar, I would definitely stay here if I needed accommodation too.

I stayed in room 207, it was fine...2 bunks & 2 singles, en suite ( though I preferred to use the bathroom in the corridor which is next door) with spacious lockers available. Didn't seem to be many plug sockets though for charging phones etc.

Bed was pretty comfy, especially for a top bunk, didn't creak either. The room was a little warm, even with the windows open and, this is the only downpoint, it was fairly noisy at night but I guess the location that could be expected. Not just noises from the road though, there seemed to be a generator or something out back which made noticeable noise.

Bag storage is available too for either £2 or £3 per locker depending on size. If you need to dump your bag for longer than a day I think it was £2 per day. I didn't use any of the facilities such as lounges or cafe etc as I had a packed schedule of events!

It is them out expensive hostel I've stayed in but it's London, by a main station, during a major international sporting event so maybe that was to be expected.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank iExplore1985
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed here overnight with my family during the Paralympics, in a family room (room 204).
Plus points:
The reception and downstairs bar and cafe area is friendly and vibrant.
The breakfast is excellent value and very filling.
Spacious room (for a hostel) with en suite facilities.
Excellent location opposite the British Library and therefore very close to St Pancras, Kings Cross and Euston.
Minus points:
Quite a lot of noise from Euston Road, especially sirens (it was a Friday night!). Poorly fitting curtains meant I woke quite early.
The YHA are offering hostel facilities for hotel prices (for a family room). For a hostel it is very good but given the price it would be nice to have soap in the room or to have free luggage storage. Maybe even replace the bunk beds that I am too long for with a proper bed. Small things really but, as I say, given the price....
All-in-all, a good hostel, my children liked it a lot and which I preferred to YHA London Central that we also stayed in recently. The quality of the breakfast might tip me in favour of staying here again but if I could book a Premier Inn at a similar price then I would probably go there instead.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family