“You get what you pay for”

YHA London St Pancras
Ranked #25 of 837 Specialty Lodging in London
Tel Aviv, Israel
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

We chose it because it's really close to the euro star train station near St Pancras station.
The room was pretty big (2 BUNK BEDS) not too clean but good enough as a place to sleep in after a day of traveling.
It's also close to the underground so you can easily get to anywhere in the center.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

This hostel was my base when I stayed in London earlier this month. I stayed twelve nights altogether in three different rooms. Two of the rooms I stayed in faced Euston Road and were very noisy due to road traffic below. I found it very hard to sleep in these rooms. Finally on my third stay at the hostel, I asked to be put in a room on the opposite side of the corridor to Euston Road and I slept like a baby - there was no noise at all. If you plan to stay at this hostel I recommend that you ask for one of the "non-Euston Road facing" rooms on arrival (although there is no guarantee you will get one). Apart from the noise, I have only good things to say about this hostel. It was modern and clean. There was inexpensive clothes washing and drying facilities available. There were lockers in each room (you will need to bring your own lock) and additional lockers/storage downstairs (for a daily fee). Most rooms had their own en-suite, but there were also extra bathrooms located on each floor. The location is excellent, being so close to Kings Cross train station. If not for the noise, YHA St Pancras would have been one of the best hostels I have stayed at.

Room Tip: As for a room on the opposite side of the corridor from Euston Road.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Aussiesarz
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

I chose this hostel because of it's proximity to Kings Cross Station and the convenience of being 1 minute from the train station was fantastic. BUT the noise from the station was unbelievable. I asked to move rooms several times to try to get some sleep but nowhere in the building was actually quiet. Staff were fantastic and the food at the cafe was great - well priced as well. If it wasn't for the lack of sleep, I would recommend this hostel. I myself won't be going back there though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the building if you can but I don't think there's any dorms ro...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Warwick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

This hostel is in such a good location, right opposite St Pancras, and just up from King's Cross and Euston, and good bus routes all along the road. We had a 4 bedded ensuite room, but were lucky that opposite was an additional shower and toilet which we made use of. Rooms are good, we had a view of the noisy road (which was the only downside) and plenty of floor space and cupboards, bathroom was good too - everything worked and for the price we could not complain. The staff were all young (they were the only 'youth' about the place) and very helpful and knowledgeable and nothing was too much trouble, both the Reception and bar staff and should also mention the cleaners who even emptied our bins each day! There are useful storage lockers in the basement so when you check out just go down there and store your bags till needed. Everything is very secure with key cards. We ate both a breakfast and an evening meal at the hostel and it was great to chill, eat and watch the celebrations on TV. Our room heater did not work and we needed to dry wet stuff, and the staff even provided us with a drying token. Other places to eat nearby are plentiful, a good Irish breakfast at O'Neills and an M&S food place in St Pancras, so you will never starve there. Perfect for the 4 of us for the Jubilee and would definitely stay again!! Thank you all for such a fun stay!!

Room Tip: Main road is very noisy!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

This hostel is in such a wonderful location and offers truly great value for moneywith 24 hour reception
The young staff being so helpful, friendly and very obliging.
Breakfasts and meals served either downstairs or in the lounge offered good value. We ate breakfast as well as a couple of evening meals and found the food to be very good.
We have stayed on four occasions now from Australia and recommend it to our friends.
We had our own bathroom with toilet
Having a lift is a bonus as is the laundry and luggage storage area in the basement.
This time we had a front room on the second floor and on a couple of occasions it was a bit noisy early in the evening but didn't affect our sleeping.
A really great establishment

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RJC1951
Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Brilliantly useful place to stay for catching early trains but it really is just a clean place to lay your head. Excellent value for the budget conscience especially for central London but don't expect any atmosphere. Staff were helpful but business like. There is secure storage in the rooms but annoyingly they don't tell you to bring your own lock (I've been to a lot of hostels, not all in the UK) and this was irritating. Bathrooms clean but really need updating. I would use this hostel again but only because the location and price are very good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed at the YHA for about 10 or 11 nights in early March. It is really inexpensive for its location--it is a two minute walk from the tube, 15-20 minute walk to the British Museum--but not much is included in the price. The cafe is okay for breakfast, but I would not recommend eating there if you are looking for a substantial dinner. The lounge is nice and very comfortable to bring take-out into and watch tv or something if you feel like staying in for dinner. Internet is really expensive, but the British library is right across the street where there is free wifi ( although if you want to access the internet after 5pm your options are pretty limited). Although the YHA St Pancras served me well for my first trip to London, I would definitely stay somewhere else if I am able to travel there again. It seems that there are many more similar-quality hostels that offer more for a similar price. What you pay for is the location. It is a great base for exploring the city. Staff are friendly but seemed a little impatient with guests at times. Not a big emphasis on hospitality. Next time, I would without a doubt look for somewhere that has FREE internet, a community kitchen, or at least more helpful/friendly staff. Quite a bit of older people staying at the hostel. Was apprehensive about traveling alone, but met a lot of nice people!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo