Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Breakfast included
Get rewarded with One Key
Sarah R
Matlock, United Kingdom
Quality character hotel close to Thames river attractions
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 30, 2017
This hotel was full of old world charm. On arrival the building looked lovely, full of character. Inside it was nicely maintained and the staff were friendly. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. There was a good supply of teas and coffees. The pub/restaurant was absolutely lovely, the food was great. I would definitely stay again.
Date of stay: September 2017Trip type: Traveled with friends
    $115
1.6 miles from The Mad Hatter Hotel
View more hotels in London
1,685 results
All reviews south bank blackfriars bridge hat factory great location fullers pub national theatre globe theatre pub downstairs tate modern fresh milk london eye good size lovely hotel bed was very comfortable lovely room tea and coffee would stay again
Selected filters
Reviewed September 30, 2017

Great little hotel in a handy location. Spotlessly clean with helpful and friendly staff. The breakfast was tasty and served in a timely manner. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend to others.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mad Hatter H, Manager at The Mad Hatter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2017

Dear Jean
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are glad to know you enjoyed your visit, the service our team provided and the breakfast.
It will be an honour to welcome you back, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

The location couldn't be better - foot of the Boomerang Building and just over the Blackfriars Bridge on the South Bank. Beautiful from the outside and the staff & management was awesome - friendly and helpful. The rooms were definitely fine, but the bed was a bit hard, the pillows a bit too soft and went very flat, and the showers (as of the writing of this review) had half-doors which led to lots of water in the bathroom after use. Nothing was intolerable by any means, but at this price point, I wished for a bit more.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mad Hatter H, Manager at The Mad Hatter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

Dear Meghan
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, we are glad to know the hotel was convinient for your visit, and that you enjoyed the service our team provided, i will give your feedback to our housekeeping team to look after the issues.
We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

My daughter & I stayed just one night here, Thursday 21st September 2017, during a short break to London to celebrate my birthday.

The hotel accommodation was excellent. Quality furnishings in our twin room, excellent beds & linens, quality toiletries in the en-suite and good tea & coffee fixings. The housekeeping was very good, everything very clean. We were completely comfortable in our room and had a very good night's sleep in great beds with great bed linen.

Throughout the hotel, the staff and the service they provided was really very good. Friendly and efficient. Thank you to Kat & Matthew on Reception and Eva, our hostess/waitress at breakfast.

All this positive impression was completely let down by a very poor dining experience in the hotel's Ale & Pie pub/restaurant in the early evening. Let me just say that the breakfast in the same venue the following morning was good, our poor experience was confined to the evening on Thursday 21st September.

This is a Fuller's Ale & Pie pub/restaurant in the hotel. The Pies are the mainstay of the menu. However, at 7pm that evening, of the possible 6 different pies on the menu, including a daily Signature Pie, at least 4 were not available. The menu is a limited one anyway... is it too much to expect them to have available the limited number of dishes on their menu?

Let me just say that I like Fuller's ales and I like pies, and I chose to stay at this hotel largely because it was a Fuller's hotel with an Ale & Pie pub. I returned to the hotel for dinner, rejecting many other dining options, purely so I could enjoy a Steak & London Pride Pie and a pint of Pride to wash it down, for my birthday dinner. To say I was badly disappointed and let down was putting it mildly. If I hadn't been so tired after a day walking London, I would have left at that point.

So we resorted to ordering a burger & chips and a fish & chips. The chips were good, but the burger was overcooked and the fish batter was soggy. No effort had been made to present the food well, there was no garnish. These two dishes would have been of a higher quality if we had got them from a fast food take-away down the road. My daughter, who was treating me to this, my birthday dinner, was very embarrassed and upset by how poor it was.

The kitchen, at least on this evening, completely let down the overall standard of an otherwise excellent hotel. I know very many pubs who do a better job at pub dining than this Ale & Pie (without the Pie) pub. What a shame!

Room tip: Ask for a room on the quieter (rear) side of the hotel.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Peter
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, for all the nice comments about our staff and the hotel. We do apologise for the inconvinience with dinner, we already hand your feedback to our kitchen team. May i please ask you to contact me directly on madhatttemanager@fullers.co.uk I would like to talk to you regarding this issues.
We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Tired room decor and grotty shower was a little disappointing In comparison to my last stay in a fullers hotel at the Drayton court Ealing Which I couldn't fault, however staff were polite and helpful. But the manageress discussing a non flushing toilet in another guests room at breakfast time did put me off my sausages. Wouldn't have happened at the Drayton, in a different class.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, please accept our apologise that The Mad Hatter did not live up to the standard of The Drayton Court, please may i ask you to contact me directly on madhattermanager@fullers.co.uk so we can discuss this issues further.
We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

Comfortable and well priced. Friendly staff. Very central for South Bank, Convent garden etc. Enjoyed our stay despite staffing problems on the changeover. Will certainly stay here again when we visit London Again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mad Hatter H, Manager at The Mad Hatter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2017

Dear Nicolas
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, we are glad to know you enjoyed your visit, the comfort of the hotel and the service our staff provided.
It will be an honour to welcome you back.
We hope to see you soon.