“Great first time in a hostel!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Clink261 Hostel

Clink261 Hostel
Ranked #61 of 837 Specialty Lodging in London
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Great first time in a hostel!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Overall I was satisfied with clink261. The best part of the hostel was the location. Close to many fine eats and kings cross station, which has access to many places in London via underground tube. The rooms and bathrooms were generally clean, though the bathroom was a bit cramped and the showers were not the cleanest (though this could be due to the tenants that week). I did have problem with accesing the wifi on the last day (which I paid a small fee for, so I expected it to be great). Other than that, I appreciated clink261, though I would be trying a different hostel if I came back to London.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I'm not going to say it was bad because it was only my second time in a hostel, but.....location was absolutely excellent, near KINGS CROSS, where you can go everywhere in London so easily. This was the best part. It was not cheap as it was the nights 28.12--1.1.2013. Breakfast was basic but good for a hostel. WIFI was good and the staff were very helpful whenever you needed them. Rooms were very very small for me, and I could not stay there for more than 3-4 nights. A good stay generally especially for the excellent location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Alkmaar
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hostel was clean,friendly envirement and location near KingsCross\St.Pancras is great.
But at in the evening and at night it was very noisy. We had a private room on the third floor but we lost a lot of sleep because some people were talking, singing and whistling very loud at night and in the morning! So if you are can loose some sleep in the few nights you are in Londen it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The people from reception are awesome! The location is very good! The least I guess is mattress (not very good for sleep), but the breakfast is ok, and the kitchen is very good. The location is excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 19, 2013

After living in Japan for 5 years I was not afraid of capsule hotels; but believe me I was virtually terrified about the coffins I found in this place; its hardly 70cm in height and width; 2 meter in length; iron coffins have got no lights, no plug points and it had a nasty stink. I'm not a claustrophobic really; but this clink 261 made me like the one. I could not spend a couple of minutes in the bed; so I thought I would rather spend night in the reception (sitting, not laying down!); but in the middle of my sleep; somewhere 4:45AM; i was rudely interrupted by the receptionist who told me I should not sleep in the reception. Ultimately I ended up spending the night in the street. THIS IS THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER SPENT THE NIGHT IN LONDON!

Another silly point; wifi is available but that is not free; 3 pounds per day and is extremely slow (no video calls over skype/no streaming videos in youtube etc)

May I suggest all backpackers; go away from this cemetery; you'll discover the coffins once you get in there!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank iFlex

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here for two nights while on a trip to London as part of a university course. I was with four of my friends and we booked to stay in an 18 bed dorm. It was £27 for two nights, which is pretty much the cheapest you can get in central London. The location right next to Kings Cross St Pancras is also really convenient. Breakfast was included, and it was probably the only time I've ever had from a hostel. The showers were also clean and hot, and the staff were really friendly. On the first night I was put in a different dorm from my friends and the reception staff were happy to change my room for the second night.

Now for the more negative part- we didn't really get any sleep. The hostel is incredibly noisy, with people banging doors, talking loudly, and switching the lights on in the dorms at 2am. Someone was even playing Evanescence on their phone at 3am in our dorm one night. I don't know if the hostel can do much about that, but I feel they could do more to try and regulate noise in the corridors.

I think for the price this is a good option, especially if you're just staying in London for a couple of nights and you're going to be going out at night and not particularly worried about sleep quality.

Room Tip: The 18 bed dorms are cheapest, but incredibly noisy. Also, the top bunks are quite difficult to clim...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hannalucie
Clink261, Reception team at Clink261 Hostel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Hi there! thanks for taking some time to leave a review about Clink 261. I'm glad to hear that you found our staff friendly, clean and hot showers and convenient location and price.
Sometimes when the hostel is busy, as you know is difficult to keep the noise down. Most of the people are here on holidays and they can forget quite easily about the other people sleeping. That's why we have 24 hours reception, and if sometimes we don't realize if someone is being too noisy, you can go down anytime to report it, so we can ask them to keep the volume down.
Hope you are enjoying your travels and maybe to see you again here at Clink 261 :)
Barcelona
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great Staff makes this place just a perfect solution while you looking accomodation in London. Rooms are clean and spacious, common areas are well designed and also kept clean. Got many great recommendations from the Staff and they made my stay in London !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Clink261, Reception team at Clink261 Hostel, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Hi there. Thank you so much for your review and nice words. We are very happy to hear that you liked the hostel and our friendly staff, and that you enjoyed your time here. Our best regards for you from all the staff. Keep enjoying your journeys and come back soon to visit us!