“Friendly, small but perfectly formed hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Arosfa Hotel

Arosfa Hotel
Ranked #94 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Friendly, small but perfectly formed hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2010

Our stay at the Arosfa was the result of being let down by a nearby hostel, but looking back it was the best thing that could have happened. I consider us lucky to have found such a gem of a hotel!

The staff are friendly, welcoming, helpful and know how to crack a joke! Nothing is too much trouble for them. The rooms are small, but what do you expect in central London? For the price I consider the room a bargain. The bathroom pod is clean and far more preferable than sharing with other residents, which is often the option.

The hotel is clean, friendly and a lovely, happy, safe place to stay. I would recommend it to anyone wishing to stay in central London.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bellatrix_03

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Newcastle Upon Tyne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

We were pleased to have booked this hotel, it was about £5 in a taxi from Kings Cross, it's on a lovely street in London and we had a friendly welcome when we arrived, our rooms weren't quite ready as we had arrived before midday but we could wait in the lounge until they were ready. We had a Quin room which was nicely decorated but small and very hot! Bathroom was tiny and the beds were small but we didn't go to London to sit in the rooms so it was fine for us.

The only thing was, was when we were getting ready to hit the town - 5 girls getting ready - showers, hair dryers, hair straightners, curlers: the heat in the room resembled my last girly holiday in Greece!

We walked to Covent garden through the day (about 10 min walk) and the next day got a bus to Camden market (10 mins away). I would definitley consider going back when visiting London again, because you can come across some awful accommodation, but for the reasonable price we paid, the Arosfa was clean, safe and friendly - what more do you want?

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

We stayed here during the busy tourist season. Rates were very reasonable. We had 2 double beds plus a single. The room had the tiniest bathroom we'd ever seen! But, everything was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was fine. Great location near the British Museum and universities/colleges. Right across the street from a great bookstore. Our room was on the 2nd floor on the street and it was very noisy. Would recommend a room in the back or on upper levels. There is no parking and we had to park our car a couple blocks away in a public garage. Good access to the Underground.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

I stayed at the Arosfa for 2 nights at the end of August 2010. I went with 3 friends, and we booked two twin rooms. The bedrooms are small but well-equipped: there's a TV with loads of channels, a hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities and an electric fan. They all have en-suite showers/toilets, which are tiny plastic compartments measuring about 100cm X 150cm. Fully functional, with the usual hotel soap and shower gel and stuff, just SMALL. You feel like you're showering in a porta-cabin. You get used to it, though, and I'd rather have this than have to share toilets or a bathroom on a landing. Wi-fi access in all rooms, and 2 computers with internet access in the lounge. The breakfast was a real surprise: full English plus cereals, fruit, breads, juice. And they didn't cut corners with cheapo orange juice or bargain-basement margarine. It was all decent quality, and served with brisk efficiency by the hotel's affable boss. A special mention for the staff: from the moment we arrived, the boss (I heard his colleague call him "Rich") was amenable, friendly and efficient. The others were nice, too. I locked us out of our bedroom at one point, but it wasn't a problem and they helped me get back in as quick as a flash. The whole place was clean and well-decorated with lots of little touches to make you feel welcome. For fifty pounds per person per night (2 twin rooms), this was really GOOD VALUE for London. I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Cardiff
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights.

Positives:
Hotel is very clean
Good location
Free internet

Negatives:
Room 1 is VERY noisy. Between the people in the lounge area and people sitting pretty much outside the window, there was no chance of getting any peace. Woken up frequently through the night and always woken by 7am in the morning. Not ideal when trying to rest and relax.
Went for breakfast once and decided it wasn't worth going again. My husband asked for a bacon sandwich, he was brought bacon and told to use the toast to make his own sandwich. Bizzare!
Bathroom is small and there was no mirror at the dressing table making it very difficult to do hair/ makeup.
Bed was smaller than an average double.

It was ok for the price but we won't be staying again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

what a great find - I was very pleasantly surprised that it was so good, even though I'd read all the reviews on Trip Advisor. I stayed in the family room (room 5) even though I was travelling alone - 2 good sized double beds and a single. It's a big room but not sure I'd want to share it with 4 other people. 3 maybe. the communal areas and rooms are very well decorated with some nice touches in the room - def not budget fixtures. I spotted a walled garden at the rear which guests can use. Good breakfast and the facilty to leave luggage for pick up later. My only gripe would be that Gower Street is quite busy with traffic all night.... there's double glazing but no air con, so I had the windows open and found it hard to sleep. It's a great location though - 2 mins walk from Goodge Street tube and a £5.00 cab ride from Euston.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Bolzano
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

The hotel is in a good location, but the staff who works there incredible unfriendly.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Nicholas050, Manager at Arosfa Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2010
Dear Eneris

Thank you very much for adding your review. Please accept my apologies should any of our staff have come across as unfriendly as this the last characteristic that we wish to portray. You shoule be able to see this from the comments that have been made by many of our guests on this site. This is clearly a misunderstanding and as we never had any complaint whilst you were staying with us it is very difficult to know what has caused your comments. I will be grateful if you let me have more details and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back...