“8 Days at the Arosfa”

Ranked #94 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Fort McMurray, Canada
“8 Days at the Arosfa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I spent 8 days at this bread and breakfast, Oct 29 - Nov 6. I stayed in room 10, a single overlooking Gower Street. The room perfectly suited my needs, as I travel light and need little room to organize my clothing, computer etc. The bathroom was tiny, and yes while sitting on the toilet you can't close the door, but you are the only person in the room. Even with the window slightly open there was little noise form the road. There were sirens due to the proximity of hospitals, not a big deal. Breakfast was cooked to order each morning. Fresh sliced fruit was delicious. The owners who had only been there for a week are friendly and outgoing. I used 3 tube stations, all within a 10 minute walk of the hotel. Next time I am in London this is where I swill stay

Room Tip: Room 10 for single travellers who know how to pack light. It is up 4 flights of stairs.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Safirehov

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Very friendly welcome, nothing too much trouble, nicely refurbished room. Great selection at breakfast. Ideally situated 10 mins walk from Oxford St. 2 Mins to British museum. Definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Helen N
Lancaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night with my wife & daughter. It's a lovely old Georgian House. The staff were very helpful. We stayed on the top floor and they carried my luggage upstairs for me (being a Georgian house there is no lift). It's also very convenient to be able to leave luggage before checking in and after checking out prior to catching the train. Breakfast was also very good. Hope to come again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Paarl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Arosfa. My son of 12 and I stayed for 5 days. Alison and Ralph were always friendly, always welcoming. Although the rooms were small, they were very neat, but very well planned and gave us everything that we needed. My son loved the excellent breakfast that started off our days. The hotel was very well located within 5 minutes walking distance to 3 underground stations, as well as to the British Museum. I already booked my stay for March next year.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Cumbria UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Key points for me were: value for money and fabulous breakfast.
We stayed one night, arriving late and departing early. The managing couple, just newly started, stayed up for us past the normal staffed times and welcomed us warmly. The room was small but had everything needed - even a small TV and kettle. Lots of little shelves etc to put things. The bathroom was tiny, but got the job done. The water pressure and temperature were great - nothing small sized there. The room was hot - I don't know what arrangements might be in place for summertime but hope they manage better than our stay in November.
The bonus for me was realizing how close to the British Museum the hotel was, and that the museum opened early enough to allow a short visit, then check out, and still make a Saturday morning Eurostar. I will return here!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Very clean room. Excellent service. The staff is remarkable. Though breakfast starts at 7:30, mine was ready at 6:15 when I needed to leave early. Breakfasts were cooked to order and very good. At night the door is locked at 10:30 but when I needed to arrive late (after 11:00 PM) Alison and Ralph were waiting for me. Ralph carried my heavy suitcase to my room. There were apples, cookies and bottled water on the table. I practically felt being at home.
The location is very good - just 3 stops on the tube to Charring Cross and walking distance to Oxford street.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Alex D
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I stayed in a twin room for two nights, the room was small and cosy but very clean and had everything we needed. The breakfast was amazing with so much choice as well as being offered a cooked breakfast there's fruit salad, croissants etc its a short walk from euston station and close to the west end and Oxford street. We left our bags in the lounge area for the day and were able to sit in there and enjoy a coffee whilst waiting to leave for our train. Will defiantly stay here again when visiting London.

Stayed November 2013