“Amazing location!”
Review of Morgan Hotel

Morgan Hotel
Ranked #85 of 579 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The location of this hotel is worth the price alone - right in the centre and close to everything. The rooms are very small but you won't be spending much time in there being so close to the city.

The breakfast was really nice and staff were friendly and polite.

Recommended!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kbrad1984

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed five nights and was very pleased with the helpful staff, delicious breakfast, & comfy bed. Around the corner from the British Museum, close to SoHo, restaurants and bus stops. Great overall value. Would rebook.

Room Tip: We stayed in 202, ground floor, to the back, view of a small garden.Very quiet and pleasant.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a great value for the money in London. I was a single female traveler and they put me in the building that was not the main building, and I loved it! I had my own entrance, then went downstairs to what I liked to imagine was my home in London. The room I was in was very long and narrow, and had a back door to a garden/patio area. Everything was quite nice, was thrilled with the location. The Taz (I think) restaurant next door was good. The only downside not being in the main building was having to get fully dressed to head to breakfast as I had to walk down the street. That, and I really don't know how helpful the staff were bc I never saw them, except for the 2 times I bothered to head to breakfast (not really worth walking to another building). I was completely on my own, which I actually didn't mind too much, as I had 2 friends who had lived there many years who gave me many great tips. This hotel really was a great value for the location, and was very clean.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank IheartMunich
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was a real find and I must thank all of those that had already reviewed this hotel for pointing me in the right direction, and also the hotel owners and staff that ensure that the hotel lives up to the reviews. This area of London is overrun by hotels, small, large and in-between. Most appear to be overpriced and are reviewed as having small rooms which do not live up to expectation. The Morgan Hotel is an exception to this rule, it is excellent value for money and the apartment that I stayed in was much bigger than I expected. For an extremely reasonable price, which is always the same so you don't have to search the discount sites, I was shown into an apartment with a good sized lounge with a kitchen corner and large bedroom with a standard double and two 2 foot 6 inch single beds. The bathroom is sort of split into 2 with the shower room on one side of the corridor and the toilet on the other. No doubt useful if you are sharing with others. The rooms were in good state of repair and felt cozy, in addition the thermostat was in the apartment and the windows opened so you could control your environment. The road noise could be heard in the lounge which overlooked the road however the bedroom overlooked the British Museum so it was lovely and quiet so I could leave the window open overnight. I only had one minor grumble and that was that the mattress on the double bed was getting a little old and so was slightly hard (I suffer with a bad back so I am extremely picky about my bed), however that just meant that I slept on one of the single beds which was really comfortable. Another point of note, which was not a problem for me, the apartment I was in was on the top floor and there is no lift so it would not be appropriate for those who find stairs difficult. However if you read the website well, as I did, you would know this already. There are apartments lower down in the hotel so if you are worried you would just need to ask for one of those.
In general I would say that this was perfect for my needs. I wanted somewhere to stay whilst at a conference at Centre Point on Oxford Street and this was within 5 minutes walk. The WIFI was reliable and apartment was comfortable and homely. It was a real treat having two separate rooms so that I felt I could relax or work without it intruding on my sleeping space. The kitchen facilities are basic (no oven or hotplate) but the hotel is surrounded by restaurants, there are several supermarkets close by and a cooked breakfast is included in the price, so this is not a problem.
I had to give it a good review because I enjoyed it so much, but I do hope this doesn't mean that when I want to stay again it will be full of people taking my advice and choosing this as the best place to stay near Oxford Street.

Room Tip: Ask for one that overlooks the British Museum to ensure you get a quiet room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank SCHeape
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in March 2013 for a two day break, and couldn't have picked a better hotel. The price, compared to other hotels in the area was fantastic, and within 5 minutes walk from Covent Garden was perfect.
Our room was spotless, spacious and quiet. Breakfast was really good too with friendly service.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I just spend a week at the Morgan in Bloomsbury, London. This is a wonderful, small hotel located within a stone's throw of the British Museum. We were given a lovely room (Room 246) in the annex building which was huge by London standards. It had a sleeping area, plenty of storage, a sitting area, fairly large bath and a courtyard just outside our door. There is no lift but that applies to just about every small hotel in London. The breakfast was great although there is not a lot of choice. The innkeepers are very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable about London. They were always eager to assist. The only downside is the WiFi access which is spotty (and thus annoying). The hotel is about two blocks from the Tottenham tube station and 4 blocks from Charlotte Street, home of many excellent restaurants. Cheers to Morgan Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Morgan's location couldn't be better from our perspective. Next door to the outstanding British Museum, close to three tube stations, within easy walking distance of London's theatre district and a variety of restaurants were all pluses. Our room was a reasonable size by London standards. It was very clean and there was lots of hot water in the bathroom.

Breakfast was very good including eggs, bacon, toast and a good sized carafe of coffee. It was efficiently served in an attractive, clean and appropriately decorated dining area.

The only negative may be that the Morgan does not have an elevator. We asked and got a ground floor room so this was not an issue for us.

Next time we're in London, our first choice will be the Morgan Hotel