“Second and Third times..”
Review of Morgan Hotel

Morgan Hotel
Ranked #78 of 557 London B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Second and Third times..”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We made 2 stops at The Morgan Hotel on this trip, We stayed 2 nights in Sept and another 2 nights in October as we traveled around the UK for 2 and a half weeks.
We requested the same room we had in 2008, and were very greatful to have got the room for both visits, the room was the same except for a new bedspread and it seemed cleaner.
The breakfast is always nice at The Morgan and John is very friendly and helpful.
Bed, Ensuite and Windows onto a small garden and we were ready to explore London.
We like The Morgan for it's Location, it is a short walk to a train station, Laundromat is a couple of blocks away, The British Meuseum (which we got to this time) is right behind the Hotel (nearly) and there is a 24 hour shop a block away. We loved London and even though we have been told we could get better for our money, with a 24 hour reception, we like The Morgan hotel and we feel good staying there. The only negative things I can say is, on our second stay our room wasn't cleaned as we were in and out of it most of the morning and I think the cleaners only do certain hours, so we had to request a few items to be restocked, the walls are paper thin (you can hear people talking) and the computer in the lobby (which is helpful) is extremely slow. But I must thank John for organizing a taxi for the airport hotel, in 2008 when we tried to catch a cab out the front of hotel it took us nearly an hour.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
York
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for my second trip to the Bloomsbury area, 5 years ago. Since then, I've been back to Bloomsbury many times, but never with enough notice to get back into the Morgan until my most recent trip, when I managed to book a room each for my colleague & me. It was every bit as good as I remembered it being - friendly, clean, comfortable, & the location is fantastic (literally just a few minutes away from the BM, and an easy & short walk to Covent Garden & Soho). I knew it was good back in 2006, but since then I've stayed at many other places in Bloomsbury, and therefore now know how much better this place is than others which are similarly priced. All at which I've stayed over the years have been friendly (some exceptionally so), but few in this price range are as clean or comfortable as the Morgan.

I'm glad that I managed to have more notice for my most recent trip, & shall continue to try to book into the Morgan for future trips.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Dr-D-101
Central England
Reviewed October 9, 2011

One of a number of B&B style hotels in this street and area - so take your pick. We checked-in early, found we had been allocated a ground floor, front room right on the main road so asked to move - which was handled smoothly and in a professional way.
Top floor room(!) was fine, air-con is a bonus at this price level but a bit noisy when next-door decided to watch BBC News at 6.30am on a Sunday morning!
Couple of things put me off. No lounge area (which some other B&Bs in this part of London do offer) and breakfast finishes at 9am, even at weekends, which is a bit odd 'cos even the local museums don't open till 10am. And, to be honest, I didn't feel it was great value for money. I've stayed in better places around here for less.

Room Tip: Front ground floor is right on a busy road
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2011

The Morgan Hotel is on Bloomsbury Street, around the corner from the British Museum, and two blocks from the Tottenham Court Underground station. The hotel is clean, the breakfast is great, the service top notch. It's a short walk to Trafalgar Square, Soho, Covent Garden and on a bus line. We stayed in a suite - terrific for longer term and/or business trips. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room off the street. No elevator.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank LucyToronto_Canada
Los Angeles
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I've been staying at the Morgan every two or three years since the 1980's. The two best things about this hotel are its location (I can walk to Covent Garden, the Tate Modern and Shakespeare's Globe in one direction, and Euston Station pulling my wheeled suitcase in the other--West End Theaters are even a shorter walk away); the second are the lovely breakfasts in the attractive dining room. Prices are fair. Rooms are small and simple. If you get a room at the back of the building, you'll have a pleasant view of the British Museum gardens. If your room is at the front of the hotel, you won't get much sleep because of all the traffic noise. This place is definitely not plush, but clean and the management is friendly. I stay there because...I've always stayed there when I go to London for theater binges.

One big problem (for me) is that there are no elevators and no bell boys. So, if your room is on the third floor, you've got to haul your luggage upstairs and down by yourself. Travel light!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
5 Thank FlashDad
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We spent 4 nights here earlier in September and were very impressed by the quality of its management and particularly by the location. We were very close to the Holborn tube station, but we ended up walking virtually everywhere since the hotel was so central. Also, being a 2-minute walk from the British Museum and Russell Square was hugely convenient. The English breakfasts were delicious and sustained us throughout much of the day. We were on the top level, which meant quite a few stairs, so we will ask to be lower down next time we stay here -- which will hopefully be soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a lower level if you cannot do stairs.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MsRoma
San Jose, California
Reviewed September 21, 2011

My husband & I have stayed here twice & will probably stay again (unless we can stay with friends :-). It's shockingly affordable for London, the breakfast is excellent, the location is very central, & it has all the basics that the traveler needs. Of course the rooms are small -- this is London! Even London homes are tiny unless you're the Queen. But everything works & is clean, that's all the matters.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple