“rude staff”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Bringing vibrant Spanish culture to the heart of London, Jamon Jamon serves up an array of tasty tapas. Incorporating ingredients and cooking techniques from around the world, Jamon Jamon serves up flavoursome cuisine in a rustic, minimalist setting. With an authentic atmosphere and a friendly vibe, meat and vegetable tapas, along with fresh paella, are house favourites.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was eating last week on the terrace. The food is good and the place is fantastic, right in the center, the problem was that the waitress was rude and ignorant

1  Thank EvaConelly
There are newer reviews for Jamon Jamon - Soho

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I have tried tapas in many bars in the UK and this has just beaten tapas revolution in to second place.

The food, service and ambiance was just brilliant

The waitress even reminded me I can use a taste card.

The croqruetas jamon were just brilliant. So many tasty dishes.

Great for a Sunday lunch

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stumbled upon this restaurant walking down Charing Cross Road towards Leicester Square. It is in a little courtyard with several small tables outside which would have been nice to use if the weather had been better.

The biggest problem is trying to restrict your choice of the mouth watering options available on the tapas menu. There are around 10 items in each of the vegetarian, fish and meat sections to choose from and eventually we whittled them down to a greedy 8. Tapas dishes are priced around £5 to £7 each.

Pimientos del padron- Lots of green peppers but a bit bitter for our taste buds 6/10
Patatas con Roquefort - excellent , really creamy sauce on roasted potatoes - not for those on a diet 8/10
Champinones a la creme - very tasty and succulent diced mushrooms 7/10
Mejillones en salsa -loads of juicy mussels in shell - sauce was ok but tomato is not our favourite 9/10 for mussels 6/10 for sauce
Gambas al ajillo - big juicy prawns in a fairly hot sauce 9/10
Bacalao con alioli - lovely pieces of cod in a tasty sauce 9/10
Chorizo al vino - tasty and for once not overcooked 9/10
Pollo al ajillo - 8/10

The menu has loads of items with garlic sauce or red peppers so if you like them then this is the place for you. We ate early so the restaurant was quiet and the service was excellent.

Total cost for 8 dishes including service charge was £54 no drinks.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We frequent a lot of restaurants but have only twice been to Spanish ones. Went here with our family (in their 20s) who seem to love Spanish food. I never know what to order, and this time did not want to share fish stew or meatballs with other people so I got two dishes myself and some garlic bread, one of my dishes was a fried egg on top of stewed peppers, toms, courgettes and aubergines and the other a chickpea salad number which was ok. I don't think I am a tapas person and probably won't go to another Spanish restaurant. My husband and kids enjoyed theirs and I must say staff were friendly and place had a lively atmosphere about it. I am sure if you like Spanish food this is a good place to go, specially before the theatre.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We came across Jamon Jamon when looking for a pre theatre dinner close to the Palace a Theatre. We found this just across the road having been attracted to the 'Sunday Special' on the blackboard of a bottle of wine and Paella for 2 for £26.95. The restaurant was quiet when we arrived but we were made to feel comfortable with the menu warning of a 39-40 minute wait for Paella. We had Seafood and my son and his girlfriend had Chorizo Paellas. Both were worth the wait and on a par with many that we have had in Spain, where we own a holiday home. It was great value and we would all definitely visit again next time we are in London.