“Loved eggs benedict” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Riding House Cafe

The Riding House Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
The Riding House Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,618 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Cafe, European, British
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Transit: The Riding House Cafe is located a 5 minute walk from Oxford Circus underground and a 10 minute walk from Tottenham Court Rd. The restaurant is served by numerous bus routes within a very short walk. Boris Bike bays are located on Foley St.
“Loved eggs benedict”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

London, lot's of opportunities to have good breakfast but this one was my favourite!! We followed Tripadvisor and did not dissapointed. Although we did dissapoint suggestions for dinner in Clos Maggiore. Will write about this separately.
But in this place and in London, first time I tried eggs benedict and I loved it, really good. Highly suggest, even if you do not like this kind of eggs. Milkshake and drinks, super good. Very good breakfast place, definately will go back anytime:) You will not be dissapointed!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I was looking forward to Sunday brunch with girlfriends here, but was left disappointed by my visit.
We had a nice table and spent my friends and I spent about 30 minutes catching up with each other. Our waiter had come over maybe 3 times during that time and we asked for time while we decided what we wanted.

Eventually, the waiter said he 'had' to take the order as time was going. Fair enough. When we asked about certain items on the menu, our waiter recited the menu descriptions word for word - not very helpful.

I chose eggs benedict which was nice but I wasn't blown away by the food, which I found distinctly average along with the service. It didn't help when I was asked why we didnt pay the full optional service charge!

The atmosphere in the restaurant was lovely, food and service average - I won't return.

London, United Kingdom
“Good lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here a few times and was a little surprised the menu hasn't seemed to change much since I last visited, well over a year ago.
The front desk were helpful and friendly. The atmosphere great and very relaxed.
The food was good, nothing special.
Sadly, my lasting memory is that of the waitress who rolled her eyes at us when we had to ask for a drink she had forgotten to bring.

1 Thank BuggyBaby
Betchworth, United Kingdom
“REALLY NICE (BUT EXPENSIVE) DINNER ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

A really nice restaurant with great food, however, the "small" plates were really, really small!!! The sardines - supposedly two - were the size of my little finger and at £6.50 per plate were ridiculous!! However, the oysters were superb!!!
Slightly odd wall lights .... stuffed squirrels!!!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Reading, United Kingdom
“Buzzy Atmosphere for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Visited The RHC for lunch today. Good buzzy atmosphere, seating either on long benches or one smaller tables. We had 4 'small bites' between the two of us and a nice bottle of wine. The small bites enable you to have a nice varied share meal (Pork belly, Crayfish tails, curried chicken and...er I've forgotten) approx £6 a dish. Friendly service

• Visited July 2014