“Brilliant food, great service”

The Riding House Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
The Riding House Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,847 of 22,853 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Transit: The Riding House Cafe is located a 5 minute walk from Oxford Circus underground and a 10 minute walk from Tottenham Court Rd. The restaurant is served by numerous bus routes within a very short walk. Boris Bike bays are located on Foley St.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant food, great service”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here on a thursday night. I booked the table for 7.45pm and rang them at about half past saying we wouldn't be there until 8pm. We eventually turned up at about 8.20pm and I apologised for being so late, they were totally understanding and polite about it. It had a busy and bustling atmosphere.

We ordered a selection of the small plates, the rabbit pasta dish was delicious and the steak. The chips were the best ive ever had. For dessert we had the marquiss and donuts - Perfect.

The New Orleans Fizz cocktail was to die for. The only bad point about the night was the vanilla apple sour cocktail I tried - it was watery. The prosecco was beautiful though.

Service was great, attentive but not overbearing. The managers were friendly and warm.

We blew a lot of money but it was worth every penny. I will be visiting again.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Great great place, fabulous truffled beeF Wellington, perfect service and design. Go as soon as you're able!

Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
“A great place to grab a Sunday Brunch. Make a reservation”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a hip joint with hip fantastic food, we went for a Sunday brunch guided by friends that raved about the food and the atmosphere. They were right.

Not your typical English fare for brunch just an amazing assortment of fresh fresh food, fresh juices and smoothies fresh berries, and some chefs surprises that are sure to make you happy.

• Visited August 2013
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Great food,amazing cocktails ,buzzy atmosphere !!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Once you get past the "Rottweilers" at the front desk it was amazing . The atmosphere is brilliant as is the food! It was busy when we arrived even at 7 pm on a Wednesday evening ;the two girls at the front desk didn't make us feel particularly welcome but after hanging around the bar for a little while they found us a table ! The cocktails are worth trying;lots of different ones. The burger ( longhorn beef plus marrowbone) is the best I have ever eaten!! The desserts well although we were stuffed,they looked so interesting we had to share one and it was worth it. I will definitely be back ,but I would recommend booking a table even midweek . It is obviously very popular with great food and wine?

Visited August 2013
Southwest Florida
“Breakfast and busy”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

With good coffee and a decent selection, breakfast at riding house is a good choice for business or to meet a friend. They have long farmhouse style tables and a bar too, but for a small group separate tables are available. This place gets busy with BBC folk near 9 so arrive early unless you have a reservation ( yes for breakfast! ) £ 10-15 per person does it right. My only complaint is coffee takes f*o*r*e*v*e*r. Would someone please just open a restaurant that drops a pot of coffee on the table like a pot of tea? It isn't tough, folks....
Pancakes were terrific and I found the eggs on soda bread with smoked salmon yummy. Would I go back, you get. In 7 days I ate there twice. P.s. very decent take a way coffee across the street at kaffiene.

Visited July 2013