“Amazing delight”
Review of The Dorchester Spa

The Dorchester Spa
Ranked #32 of 327 Spas & Wellness in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The Dorchester Spa brings an exclusive pampering destination to London. Exuding 1930s Art Deco glamour, combined with a contemporary edge, its design is inspired by the iconic British style of The Dorchester.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Amazing delight”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Beautiful spa....wonderful staff...decadent relaxtion room...superb treatment room..talented therapists...and of course the spatisserie is an opulent and sensual sensation!!!

1 Thank MedaDin
John S, Manager at The Dorchester Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear MedaDin,
Thank you for your kind comments on the spa at The Dorchester. It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your treatment and the relaxation room and I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.
Kind regards, John Scanlon, Hotel Manager, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

London, United Kingdom
“best in London”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've been to many spas in London and the Dorchester Spa is the one I keep coming back to. The Carol Joy Flawless facial is amazing and the care and attention of all of the spa staff just adds to the thrill of the familiar walk into the Dorchester Reception, and then down the stairs to the spa. The relaxation room is lovely and I can't recommend this spa enough.

Visited March 2013
Dear richoeyes,
I am delighted to read your kind review on your experience at the spa at The Dorchester and how much you enjoyed the Carol Joy Flawless facial. I will share your comments with the team and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Kuwait
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing and relaxing time”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had, the facility is very clean and the environment is very relaxing.

The staff are extremely polite and helpful.

Will visit again for sure.

A++++

Dear abdullahaljafar
Thank you for your kind review of The Spa at The Dorchester. I am delighted you enjoyed your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
England
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“The Dorchester Hotel has a timeless elegance and special ambience that transported me to a beautiful space that touches”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The calm relaxed atmosphere of The Dorchester Spa was a welcome solace from the busy pace of city life. I was ushered into an elegant changing area and emerged ready for the Carol Joy Flawless Facial. The treatment room was spacious, and the massage couch was quite large, allowing for one to move around with grace and ease. The Carol Joy Therapist discussed any skin concerns that I may have, and I found myself sharing in great detail my skin concerns of dehydration that I have been experiencing recently. Certainly it is of great importance to be in the presence of an extremely well trained therapist, as was the wonderful lady at The Dorchester. The vast number of products that are available now may seem overwhelming if you do not know the correct procedure for your own skin condition. There are several concerns I had, such as using an exfoliator with sensitive skin. I certainly love and appreciate using gentle exfoliators, but had used them less than once a week. This had caused a build up of old skin cells, particularly noticeable on my forehead, and thus my skin was no longer glowing, as it was unable to breathe freely. This meant that the products I was applying to my skin were unable to completely absorb and thus hydrate my skin effectively. This also meant that when I applied foundation, that it would not blend in so smoothly. Prior to my consultation, I had thought this was due to aging, as I had seen many other women with the same problem as they got older, where foundation had clearly not blended smoothly and the foundation could clearly be seen. I was gently reassured that the issue was not one of aging.

My skin was examined under a magnification glass, thus reassuring me as to the true condition of my skin. The beautifully luxurious Carol Joy products were applied to my skin, which felt very natural and were wonderfully fragranced. A steamer was applied to my face to open up the pores, to assist the cleansing process. Each product was massaged in gently with sublime massage techniques, and although the process involves the face, neck and décolleté, I felt my entire body surrender to a very deep relaxed state of being. A personalised collagen mask and exclusive boost and seal patches reconditioned my skin offering deep lasting hydration that is still present three days following the treatment. The collagen mask is infused with IV Ever Serum, which includes Diamond Dust, resulting in supremely radiant skin following the Carol Joy Flawless facial. I was also provided with advice on how to maintain deeper hydration by applying a water based serum to open up the pores of the skin to readily receive the second product to apply, a facial oil, followed by a moisturising cream. I have followed the therapist’s advice each day, and am finding the moisture stays ‘locked in’, and I feel waves harmonious rebalancing taking place within the layers of my skin. I am particularly pleased to have found resolution to some skin concerns that had been at the forefront of my mind for some time, coupled with the unsurpassable unique ambience of The Dorchester and the luxurious Carol Joy products, I can firmly recommend a visit to The Dorchester Spa.

I was offered time to continue resting in the relaxation area, and offered a glass of the most delicious coconut water and an artisan biscuit.

I chose not to reapply my foundation following the treatment, as my skin was glowing so beautifully, I looked years younger.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Sarahelianarose
Dear Sarah I
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of your facial in The Spa at The Dorchester. I am delighted to read how positive you found the effects of your treatment and will be delighted to share your comments with the team.
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Enjoyable ME time!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The de-stress massage is a bit painful but soooo relaxing, afterwards you can still have a normal day then when i went to bed I slept for a full 12 hours!!
The manicure was okay, the manicure room is lovely and the girls working there are very nice.
The place is great, the treatments you get are very good..I doubt I could ever find any negative comment to add!

Visited October 2012
Dear MaEx84
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on your recent visit to the spa. I am delighted you enjoyed your de-stress massage and manicure in the spa and hope to see you at the hotel soon again.