“my first fondue (but not the last)”
Review of Androuet

Androuet
Ranked #967 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Description: Parisian cheese shop open since 1909, we opened in 2009 in Old Spitalfields market, London. We stocks 80+ cheeses most of them made from raw milk. We also have a cheese bar where you can enjoy fondue, raclette, cheese and charcuterie while listeing to our wide range of vintage records. Shop is open 7 days a week 10.00Am to 7.00Pm
Reviewed March 5, 2013

loving cheese as i do i can't quite believe i've never gotten round to having fondue. well, my wait is over, and i'm so glad we found this place! we were out on a huge shopping trip, and had only heard about this place the night before from a friend over dinner. we sat outside, which was just about ok temperature wise, and enjoyed the special fondue for two. really, really good- just a hint of blue in it to lift it. yum. very good service, nice wine and decent dunkable bits- my only criticism being that perhaps the addition of proper pickles (like caper berries or somesuch) would have added an extra dimension to the meal.
overall great- filling, different and very tasty. would recommend highly, and will definitely return.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I love this place. It's tiny inside but has real ambience, the food is excellent and reasonably priced and the staff are attentive and charming. What more can you ask for? I've been a number of times and my recommendations are the cheese and charcuterie boards, the French onion soup, the baked camembert and the burger.

1  Thank SJG444
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The service was awesome, I never had to reach for the wine bottle to top my glass up but yet it was not imposing. We had a fondue for two and it was huge and came with a charcuterie board and bread, when the bread ran out more was brought over in a flash. It was delicious and I can't wait to go back with my husband.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Not only does this shop sells great cheeses and some excellent baguettes, but the little restaurant also serves a wide variety of cheese based dishes, most will remind you of your last skiing holiday. We had a fondue which was accompanied by cornichons and excellent cured meats, and enough in quantity. For those craving a tartiflette this is another choice on the menu! Good selection of wines by the glass - 2 sizes- or the carafe or bottle. Service is efficient and very kind. Will come back!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

After an early visit to Spitafield market, we decided to stop around lunchtime at Androuet to buy some fine cheeses.
We knew the shop was there but were not aware of the lunch/dining facility. So rather than carrying the products home we decided to consume it at their restaurant.
The terrace was perfect even though it was still a bit cold outside. They have blankets to wrap in if you feel a bit cold. Very French slopes.
We ordered a Fondue which was sublime. Temptation was high for the raclette ! I guess I will have to come back. Service was top notch. We ended up having a nice chat with Alexandre, one of the owners. He is passionate about cheeses and you can tell this place is pure authenticity. Such a pleasant lunch.