“great wine and cheese. excellent service”
Review of Androuet

Ranked #376 of 24,091 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Description: Parisian cheese shop open since 1909, we opened in 2009 in Old Spitalfields market, London. We stocks 80+ cheeses most of them made from raw milk. We also have a cheese bar where you can enjoy fondue, raclette, cheese and charcuterie while listeing to our wide range of vintage records. Shop is open 7 days a week 10.00Am to 7.00Pm
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went to Androuet with my family while on vacation in London - we picked this place based on TimeOut recommendations and our proximity to this location. The place is little hard to find as it's inside the market and not on the street per se. The restaurant part is very small - I think there's only 5 tables in there. The cheese shop is right next to it. We has a selection of cheese with a bottle of wine. Both were recommended by staff and both excellent! We also had some appetizers and the kids split a burger which was also very very good - I believe it was marinated in red wine! The atmosphere was great and the service was too. A few days later we went back and bought some cheeses to take back home with us. The cheeses were vacuum wrapped in the store and made it through the trip in perfect condition.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I booked a table online and received a confirmation. When arriving to the restaurant they only had outdoor tables available. It was snowing and -3 centigrades! I asked how they could have thought we would like to sit outside in an evening like this? I recommended them to book/delete the outdoor tables from the booking system during winter time nights likenthis. then They pointed out that some people like to sit outside. And they were right. There was a couple sitting outside swept in blankets freezing. One out of 7 outdoor tables was actually used!
So make sure you call them to make sure you got a reservation for either an indoor or outdoor table, depending on your preferencies.
Obviously I can't comment on the food since we couldn't get an indoor table and had to go elsewhere.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

A good location for the young and cool. Cheese is on the menu in many shapes and forms, from simple cheese blocks and wheels, fried, spread and molten - whatever you may like.

The cheese blocks are to taste - we were surprised that the blue wasn't that strong. I enjoyed the starters more than anything else here. Welsh rarebit was my favourite by far, and the croquettes good too.
Of the mains, unless you are a cheese fanatic, I would stick to the cheeseburger which comes with a fantastic version of fries. If you want to drown yourself in thick heavy cheese (or to share between several people) the intense baked camembert or androuette tartiflette with a thick cheese rind on top might be for you.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This really was a bit like having your dindins in France. Charming waiter (that's French men for you), the genial welcome of a person who knows their cheesy stuff, a picture window into the adjacent shop, French ladies chitty-chatting in the corner, high powered members of the board talking global trends - that's atmosphere.
We squeezed in, ordered fondue for two (could've done three bods easily) which came with a nice variety of veg dipping accompaniments, along with ample bread. It was exactly what I hoped it would be. It made me happy. I got it down my front and I didn't care.
Finished off with an excellent espresso with a Valrhona side amuse.
Everything right, including price.

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Authentic French ambience. Very knowledgeable staff, delicious food, especially the fondue. Perfect location for a small celebration as the intimate environment make you feel you have your own private restaurant. A must for any lovers of good cheese and wine!