“Dishonourable and disappointing tea”
Review of Carmina Cafe - CLOSED

Carmina Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visited for tea using travelzoo voucher offer. Unfriendly manageress refused to honour terms of deal blaming travelzoo and we were forced to pay extra. Contents of tea were not in accordance with the offer. Some of the sandwiches were served on less than fresh bread and only one plain scone served. Two boring and unappealing cakes, no pastries or tarts etc.

This was truly disappointing and we felt ripped off, especially as our visit had been influenced by such positive feedback here. Beware !!

3  Thank britcockney

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

As with the previous reviewer I was staying at the mandeville hotel, room only. I dislike the same old rubbish hotels serve for breakfast too so I ventured across the road. It was quiet and empty and that was the only reason it was marked down for atmosphere. The porridge was delicious! Really really good coffee and I also had a carrot, beetroot and celery juice which was a perfect start to the day! Top marks see you tomorrow!

1  Thank Sophie98blue
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I discovered this cafe on TripAdvisor. It's just off Oxford street close to Selfridge but I would never have found it otherwise. The food was excellent. We ate from the breakfast menu. The poached eggs and avocados were superb and the freshly squeezed juices too. I will definitely go back tomorrow for more.

1  Thank Rani A
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at the Mandeville hotel and booked without breakfast. Carmina and Lancelot is just across the entrance of the hotel and so we ended up there every morning.
Their food is great for reasonable prices! Everything is homemade and cooked with love and care. I would definately recommend their poached eggs with avocado on wholewheat toast.

1  Thank BarbaraKralingen
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I love this place because of the great location, it is just near Selfridges (and I love shopping) but also each time I go there I am nicely greated by staff and I have this feeling of being welcome there. This is so difficult to find nowdays in other places. Have you ever had a feeling you are an intruder when you order a coffee? Well, you not gonna get it here. As for the food I didn't try much, usually I have a piece of cake and coffee. But I saw some people having salads and fish. It looked really good. I hope you will find Carmina Cafe welcoming as I did and I recommend you this small cute coffee shop.

1  Thank anna_maria_13_05