“Pasha Turkish Bath”

Pasha Turkish Bath & Ottoman Hammam
Ranked #3 of 635 Spas & Wellness in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: `Hammam` in Ottoman translates into "Turkish Bath", which has a rich heritage and links back to `Thermea` in Roman Times. Turkish Baths have been a place for social gatherings, cleansing and relaxing rituals for many years - even for dignitaries in ancient societies. The rituals introduce the scrub mitt and foam massage, black soap and ghassoul mud and combine steam and warm temperatures for best results in full body purification, exfoliation and detoxification. They are the core of today's many spa treatments, providing the optimum humidity and heat environment for visitors with a wide range of health conditions.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I went to Pasha hotel for a Turkish bath. The steam room is a really comfortable temperature in contrast to other spas I have visited. The Haman has a lovely ambience. I had a wonderful massage and body scrub and felt relaxed and refreshed afterwards. I highly recommend this Turkish bath as it is a truly authentic experience in the heart of Camberwell and I will definitely be going back.

PashaSpa, Manager at Pasha Turkish Bath & Ottoman Hammam, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Hi Dear Our Guest,

We are very pleased to hear you had a great time and benefit of your treatment,I must say The

Turkish Bath Ritual is one the best seller package.

We hope to welcome you again for an another experience at Pasha Spa.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was very excited to go here once I had read the good reviews. My wife and i went for a turkish bath.I was very disappointed with this this spa for a number of reasons which I will list:
1) if you are driving, parking is an issue even though we were told we would have ample parking by the host. We were told to park in a breakers yard once there!
2) please don't be fooled by the website pictures. The spa is filthy and very small. The changing room is a broom cupboard enclosed by a curtain (no door). The two of us could not get changed together because the space was so small. The locker facility, if you could call it that was a broken draw with the door hanging off and the lock broken.
3) the website pics give the impression that they have numerous therapists- there is only one man who performs a Turkish bath which meant my wife had to sit and wait while I got mine done and vice versa.
4) the treatment is supposed to be 75 minutes, 50 minutes of this is spent sitting in a very domesticated steam room.( steam was leaking out of the room!) definitely not worth £50 ( I could have sat in a much better steam room for less than £10)

The only reason this got a rating of two and not one was because the guy giving us the treatment was very friendly and bought us out a nice cup of tea after a very poor experience!

1  Thank Del B
PashaSpa, Manager at Pasha Turkish Bath & Ottoman Hammam, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hello Dear Our Guest,
Thank you very much for your time and your feedback, Your comments are always important for us.
First of all i do apologize and i am very disappointed by hearing you left us with unsatisfied feelings.I wish you could let us know during the session or right after your experience your warning could have gave us a chance to recover and improve your expectation immediately, as myself i did not feel any bad point you had during your session and everything seems to us was all right when you were leaving.

1) We still provide free car park for our guest with enough room at behind of Pasha Hotel.There is still construction process and this might made you confused but still we are so sorry that you had a inconvenience about your parking spot.

2) I would like to point your attention one side on this comment and we do not fool people here as all our images and decorations is real and original size and original looking,(I call everyone who reads this review feel free to come and see our place before you book your session and get advise from our spa mentor to tailor package if you are ) i advice you to check our previous reviews and people`s own words about services and think yourself before commenting us cruelly, We would not be successful that much on fooling people, I am a bit confused what was made you feel filthy and dirty as we do regular daily and weekly hygiene cleaning and how you could not fit in, as we provide private session just for your own in a 22sqft. relaxing and changing room. i am terribly sorry as we could not ensure the size of the room according to your high expectation. I do apologize for in one of the six broken handle of the cabin unit.Thank you for letting us know,You are totally right in this case, I would like to let you know right after we have changed the handle already if this makes you happy.
3)I would advise you ask before how would you like to have your treatment there are some different variety of leading the treatments in many spa, like one after the other or at the same time etc..
We did not receive any request from you as you wanted to have at the same time we have enough therapist to give you specific treatment as you wish.
4) When you are single, The session lasts in 75 min and you start with apprx. 20 steam session,apprx 25 body scrub and soap massage, last 30 min involves wash yourself wrapped with towel and sitting in relaxing area for cooling down and having your herbal tea to finish your package and getting change, make yourself ready for check - out.
This is how we lead the treatment and complete your package when you are two people exactly as you said, if we do not have special inquiry, we lead the treatment one after the other,Differently to single session there is just 25 min extension for the second person`s treatment and whole experience ends in 2 hrs.
I still guarantee Sir you can not get better price for 2 hrs within Private session with your own and full body treatments for two people and herbal tea with cake for £50 per person.
I think you can only sit down and enjoy the steam in leisure center up to 7-8 people at the same time as you have planned for. I wish you have great time so far.I want you to keep in your mind if you are not comfortable to share your steam session with others, we still have just sitting in steam session for 45 min for £15 per person with in private session with herbal tea and cake included.

I would like to thank you for your generosity by given our service 2 star, I ensure that i will try to get 5 star comment on your next visit.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I visited pasha spa today and had a lovely experience! My sister is getting married and I decided to give her a treat before the wedding. We had a party of 7, which was a perfect size. We arrived and was shown to the changing rooms where we were informed of what to do. We was also given an option of buying scrub and clay for an extra £10, which we did and I would recommend. We enjoyed 90 minutes in the hammam and had the room to ourselves. I had also treated my sister to a scrub and soap massage, which she said was great. We finished our trip with an authentic Turkish meal. This was AMAZING. The restaurant is set out beautifully and in a traditional Turkish way, where we lounged on the floor with cushions. We was treated with an abundance of food, more than we could handle! I cannot fault the staff and the care and attention they showed us, especially my sister, she had an amazing time and was given a gift bag. This trip was great for an unusual bridal weekend and is not your usual run of the mill spa. The only thing I would say is more could have been done with the changing facilities but only if I am being picky! I would recommend this to all my friends and to anybody looking for a spa with a party of 2-8. Great value for money. Thanks for making my sisters day pasha!

PashaSpa, Manager at Pasha Turkish Bath & Ottoman Hammam, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

HI Dear Our Guest,

Thanks a lot for your time and reviewing us and sharing your feelings honestly.

I must say you did a great combination by having hamam session first than having lunch in our
Traditional Turkish and Kazakh House.

We wish your sister and her husband lovely marriage and great life in the future.

We are also very pleased that you spent your very special occasion in Pasha Spa.

We hope to seeing and welcome you again and again at Pasha.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I visited Pasha spa last Friday during my staycation in London and had a wonderful experience. We booked the spa for 3 hours, which is the perfect amount of time if you want a relaxing day.
I can recommend the full body scrub that makes your body feel like baby skin.

Will definitely come back!

PashaSpa, Manager at Pasha Turkish Bath & Ottoman Hammam, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hi Dear Our Guest,

Thanks a lot for reviewing us and for your valuable time spend for,

We are very pleased you had a good time in Pasha Spa,

Body Scrubbing is one of the best ritual which cleans all
oily skin and left your body smooth and soft.

We hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I came with my partner to celebrate his birthday with a private session.We had a really wonderful time. The hammam was an amazing experience and felt like a secret hideaway...very relaxing and pampering. In fact we enjoyed it so much that I came back the following month with a friend to celebrate her 50th birthday too. I shall definitely be back for more....

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Janet238
PashaSpa, Manager at Pasha Turkish Bath & Ottoman Hammam, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Hi Dear Our Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you spend for your feedback.

We also very thankful and pleased you gave a try to Pasha Spa on your very special Birthday and had a great Hamam experience.

We wish you all the best, Happy Birthday!

We are looking forward to seeing you for another experience in Pasha Spa