“Terrible!! Stay away!!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Staff hurried us along when ordering, we had a cramped table by the door, food was the worst I have ever had in an Indian restaurant and I wish I had gone somewhere else, stay away!!!!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Awful food, unfriendly customer service and no atmosphere. I think they work on the principal that the majority of their customers will be tourists and will not return therefore they are not concerned about the food they provide. Everything happened so quickly. The started came when we were still eating the poppadums, the main course came when we were still eating the starter and they couldn't wait for us to leave to get the next couple in. Very poor all round and we shall definitely not be returning. Also, the picture on Tripadvisor is not their restaurant - theirs is a dark place with dull decor

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were only two days in London, and I was desperately seeking Indian food. Had some at a pub which was not bad. We were walking endlessly one day and stepped into the Grand Indian 1 on New Row, St. Martins Lane. It was that quiet time between lunch and dinner, so we were the only ones in the restaurant. The vegetarian thali was really great. Service was good. In fact, it was very touching to talk to the server. When he heard we were from California, he told us his dream of moving to Hollywood and finding a wife here. We wished him the best of luck!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The who experience was awful. Rude waiters, horrid curry the worst I have every had. The whole place felt unwelcoming from the beginning and I just wished I had turned round and left.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I went here with my partner last night. The food was reasonably good but the whole experience was really spoiled by poor service. The waiters were unwelcoming and clearly only concerned with getting orders in and out. We had ordered drinks with our meal shortly after sitting down including a glass of water. Alcoholic drinks came promptly but we had to ask three times for the water and had to continually reiterate tap water. We were never asked did we want fresh drinks despite our empty glasses on the table and were not offered tea and coffee or dessert at the end of the meal.