“Fantastic!”

Viva La Vida
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fiesta comes to the North London suburb of Edmonton in the colourful shape of Viva la Vida, a Mexican restaurant which really does live up to its name. Surrounded by one off artworks painted with bright colours evoking images of Mexico at its best, diners enjoy those favourite South American dishes including the likes of nachos, enchiladas and chillis as well as US influenced burgers and tex-mex dishes. The resident chef adds a little twist to some choices while staying true to the origins of others, encouraging diners to experience something outside of their comfort zone. As well known for its cocktails as for its food, Viva la Vida is a popular local choice for drinkers too, offering a wide range of those beloved South American cocktails as well as tequila and beers from South of the border. A partygoers paradise, Viva la Vida is vibrant and lively, open until two in the morning so after a little dinner you can stick around for salsa sounds and dancing as late as you like.
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Organised a work function for 20 staff at this resturant last week. Extremely pleased with the proffesionalism and level of service.

The food was great and the vast selection of drinks ensured a memorable evening. Great atmosphere, will be visiting again soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Best Mexican in North London ********”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Went to Viva La Vida the other day and as always it was very welcoming. The staff are very kind and bubbly. Happy atmosphere.

The food is amazing. Its a great price. I had the hot sizzling peri peri salmon. This left a sensation taste in my mouth. My partner had their Fajitas and omg it was very tasty i must say. So much colours and alot of food.

The desert is to die for...! You must have the banana nutella and ice-cream chimichanga. Its cold in the inside and hot on the outside. It just melts in your mouth. Just lush i must say.

If you really want a night out with friends or partners then this is your place to go! They have a bar that does amazing cocktails. Definitely recommend

“A must be”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

One of the top restaurants i have been too. No complaints the staff, atmosphere and food was amazing. Had such a great time will visit again soon. I recomend the fajtas they are to die for and the portions were plenty full. Cocktails are colourful and made me feel like i was on holiday.

London, United Kingdom
“I am now officially a Mexican”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My recent discovery of Viva La Vida here up in north London has made me realise what I've been missing out on. I never knew such delicacies existed in Edmonton:) For sure that chimichanga is still on my mind. if you do get a chance to visit, ask for a chicken chimichanga and you'll know what I'm on about.

London
“Fantastic-why haven't you been already!”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Went to Viva la Vida last night as I've been looking for a decent Mexican for some time-absolutely fantastic! Cocktails were delicious-mine slipped down like milkshake- and the food was everything we hoped for. We shared the starter platter which had moist, tender ribs and chicken wings amongst the treats. I then had a most substantial plate of minted lamb fajitas while the boyf was delighted with his generous, fantastically flavoured JD glazed steak. Only problem was the owner was so friendly and chatty whilst we paid the bill we got completely distracted and forgot to tip the lovely young waitress who served us efficiently but unobtrusively all night! If you are reading this we are so sorry, promise we will give it next visit. To all of you reading this -just go and try it-you won't be sorry. Even when it's quiet it's great:-)

• Visited October 2011