Stayed at this hotel last weekend with my other half for two nights. I wasn't fussed about the location and to be fair, it's not actually in a bad place. It's relatively easy to get to via DLR and is a short walk from Prince Regent station.
With regards to previous reviews - Yes the staff wear polo tops but it doesn't take away from their professionalism or customer service. They were incredibly attentive, always smiling and helpful - on the first night I went down to the lobby to ask for nearby take away places, they gave me a large handful of leaflets/menus which was brilliant. We weren't the only ones placing take away orders from outside the hotel - I saw countless Domino's Pizza boxes coming through haha!
In terms of previous reviews complaining about the cardboard/disposable coffee cups in the room - I actually found this better. Remember it's a business hotel and people may want to take their hot drink with them!
They had Wallpaper* magazine in the room which was a huge plus for me because I love design. The room was clean, larger than some London hotels, decor was great and modern, powerful shower, bed was big and incredibly soft, free wifi in room, small fridge (not a minibar), heating control, massive TV with most Freeview channels (itv, itv2, channel 4, e4, 5*, all the news channels, international channels too etc).
Breakfast was awesome - you receive a voucher upon check-in for 3 items plus a free hot drink. The choices include numerous yoghurts, paninis, sandwiches, salads, breads, bagels etc. It was great!
Didn't use any of their other facilities such as gym or swimming pool so I cannot comment!
Definitely one of my favourite hotels in London - will stay here again without a doubt!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only hotel directly connected to ExCel London International Convention Centre (ICC), Aloft London ExCel features 252 Guest Rooms and Suites, a w xyz(SM) bar, re:fuel by Aloft(SM) where guests can grab a snack 24/7, and the re:mix(SM) lounge. Complimentary wired and wireless high speed internet access is also available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Starwood EMEA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aloft London Excel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft London Excel Hotel London
- Aloft London Excel England