Hotel managers "make or break" their guest experiences and the Aloft's Excel London hotel manager is a testament to attention to details.
I have held back from my review for a few days to ensure I was able to once again immerse myself in the Aloft Experience. This is my second stay at this property, a part of the Starwood banner of Hotels. The Aloft is a modern, hip and young property. No "Old World" pretensions here.
The lobby is open, airy and alive, the reception staff is young, energetic and cheerful. I was received by Graeme with empathy for my fatigue and assurance that he would expedite the check in process to allow me to sleep off the red eye from North America.
The Aloft has a self serve food bar/convenience bar in the lobby which is generally well stocked with various food choices for breakfast. The FEDE restaurant just off the hotel is a good value for your money, with comfort foods, great soup/sandwich combos and excellent traditional british fare like fish and chips and bangers and mash.
A health nut? You will like the property's gym, pool and sauna area. All well maintained and modern. A nice place to relax and play after a long day of business at the Excel centre.
Proximity to the Excel centre is the best in the zone. It is literally a one minute walk from the hotel's second floor exterior door to the Excel centre. If you have a convention to attend, you are so close, you'll be comforted in the knowledge you can pop back into your room to freshen up before your next appointment.
Its Proximity to the Downtown core or "The Action" of London Proper is great. Do not worry about accessibility to the more touristy type of areas in London, a 20 minute DLR ride away and you are in the Tower district of London. London's famed Tube will get you anywhere you need to get quickly and efficiently.
All in all, a fantastic hotel, Im hooked. Im back every year for a yearly convention and I will never consider another property unless the Aloft's own success succeeds in rendering the price unattainable or if availability is ever an issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only hotel directly connected to ExCel London International Convention Centre (ICC), Aloft London ExCel features 252 Guest Rooms and Suites, a w xyz(SM) bar, re:fuel by Aloft(SM) where guests can grab a snack 24/7, and the re:mix(SM) lounge. Complimentary wired and wireless high speed internet access is also available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Starwood EMEA, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aloft London Excel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft London Excel Hotel London
- Aloft London Excel England