“Absolutely Disgusting”

8 Treasures
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated opposite Ealing Broadway tube station, 8 Treasures is an Asian restaurant where you���ll enjoy all the flavours of the Orient in relaxed, modern surroundings. The name 8 Treasures refers to the Buddhist Eight Auspicious Treasures (or ���babao���), and while you may not find spiritual enlightenment during your visit, heavenly food is in more than adequate supply. From delightful dim sum to mild curries and moreish noodle dishes, 8 Treasures offers a comprehensive menu of favourite Chinese dishes with a splash of Thai thrown in for good measure. In addition to the well-known classics done to traditional recipes the kitchen also prides itself on its specialties, those creative additions inspired by China but given a twist for originality - the sizzling plates are a must try. During weekend lunchtimes 8 Treasures offers extremely generous buffets with adults and children invited to eat as much as they like for a low set price.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Quality of the meat is disgraceful, the chicken was as chewy as eating rubber, as for the taste I would prefer to eat rubber. You could tell it was all cheap frozen food; don't be fooled by the look of this place, the food is worse than f grade. If you thought eating the worst meal was bad enough you have to pay £50 for a simple two starters and main.
I ended up with diarrhea; nausea, cramps, sweaty forehead and fever !!! which cost me more than was bargained for.
Do not eat here it is not worth your well being and money. sos

2  Thank hungrybellie

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We visited the 8 treasures and thought by the menu that this was a up market Chinese restaurant. We were much mistaken. It was mediocre but the most off putting things were the sheer volume of food and the poor quality of the meat. The horrid meat was just slimy I would not recommend

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My daughter had previously eaten at this establishment and highly recommended it. So therefore I was looking forward to a nice meal. What follows was totally disgraceful. The restuarant wasn't full; when we entered, there was one couple who had just finished their meal and was getting ready to leave and on another table a group of 2 ladies. The waiter took several moments to show us to a table. We sat there for a while before he realised he didn't give us a menu so he brought one over. Whilst this was happening the couple got up to leave and the other waiter was making a real fuss showing them to the door. He then gestered if I was ready to order; I nodded. As he picked up his pad, the door opened and in walked another customer who joined the 2 ladies. He immediately ignored me and went over to their table and starting talking to them in their language. I then got up and walked out! I would not recommend this restuarant.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I had walked past this place 1000 times. Always noticed it doesnt ever seem to be full.

It should be. Food was very good. Service was attentive. Its a very big place and so would have to be super busy for you not to get a table. Either way dont let the abundance of space put you off.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

My friend, husband and I went to eat here on christmas eve. We only went because the place we had planned to eat at was closed. We were very pleasantly surprised. The staff were very friendly and had made the effort to make the restaurant festive, including christmas crackers at the table settings. We had starters to share and then the same for main. The food was all very tasty, hot and fresh. There was a bit of a wait between each course but this did not bother us as we were there to catch up with a friend. I would definitely recommend this friendly, professional and delicious chinese to everyone.