“Entertaining and insightful tour”
Review of Westminster Walks

Westminster Walks
Ranked #255 of 710 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: I've lived in London all my life and love the city. I'm a City of Westminster and Clerkenwell & Islington Tour Guide and lead mostly food and drink themed walks in places such as St James's and Mayfair and hidden historic pub tours in Belgravia and Marylebone. Other walks include areas such as Clerkenwell, St Luke's, Walthamstow and Chingford. All my walks include both historical and current information (ie unusual places for afternoon tea) and you will receive a handout listing these details.
Reviewed February 20, 2012

After checking the Londonist for some tips on what to do on a Saturday, I found a cool tip about Joanna's walking tours and decided to go for it. Although it was a really rainy day Joanna kept going with the same energy as if it was a hot summer's day. The tour was really interesting combining information that was both entertaining and insightful. I loved the two stops we did in the pubs, perfect to refill the energies. I definitely recommend this tour not only to tourists but also to Londoners.

There are newer reviews for Westminster Walks

Reviewed February 19, 2012

greatly enjoyed the walk, learned a lot on london's history through its pubs, restaurants and clubs...recommend it a lot x

WWalks, Owner at Westminster Walks, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2012

Thanks Tania. I hope to see you on another walk soon hopefully with better weather!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

After having been on the St James’, the Belgravia and the Mayfair walks from Westminster Walks I went on the Marylebone walk - again an excellent mix of history, gossip and food & drink-related stories and most importantly stops in fantastic pubs (this time included also a bar with brilliant view over London)! On each of these walks I have been introduced to several pubs that are characterised by being typical/quirky/possessing unusual features and are as far from Slug&Lettuce uniformity as they could possibly be. The walks are very well researched, also as far as infrastructure and feasibility is concerned; i.e. the selected pubs are usually not totally crowded at the time we went there and the timing of the entire walk is according to plan.

WWalks, Owner at Westminster Walks, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Thank you very much for your great review of my pub themed walks. I'm always striving to find the best pubs in London especially those hidden away and unusual in some way and I love putting together tours that will include them.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

I'm surprised there aren't more tours like this -- combining learning, walking, and drinking! We spent a nice Sunday afternoon walking around Belgravia and stopping in at some great pubs that are off the beaten path. We went to two pubs during the tour for about 30 minutes and then the tour ended at a third. It was a nice way to socialise with the other people on the tour, and on a chilly January day, getting to warm up by cozy fireplaces was much appreciated!

1  Thank kikidander

Thank you very much for your kind review of my walk. Belgravia is one of my favourite walks to do in the winter as those pubs are so welcoming with their real fires and I love showing people that part of London.