Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went today for a business lunch and wow, the quality of this food is incredible. We had dumplings, and a selection of amazing food. The service was very efficient and the staff very pleasant. Make sure you try the duck!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived at Dumplings Legend, a group of 3 and were seated quickly. We were seated at a round table which was awkwardly placed on the side and was far too big that the 3 of us sat on one side. We ordered a range of dumplings and a few mains. We requested the dumplings first and the mains after. Of course them mains came first and the dumplings as and when. We ordered a chicken dish and a noodle dish which were average. The dumplings were very thick and chewy and felt quite heavy to eat. I wouldn't recommend this to my friends but I also wouldn't advise people not to go. I think I am really particular about asian food as I live in Asia. It definitely doesn't compare to the even the casual places in Asia. I also found it overpriced for what its worth.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very good Chinese in the heart of Chinatown, Soho, London. Huge place. Busy, good vibe, great food. Peking duck particularly good, dumplings also very special. Great birthday dinner for a mate.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Visit recently for Dim Sum, ordered a selection of steamed and fried dishes which arrived quickly.
Food was hot but not particularly good, enjoyed the fried squid but the Xiao Long Bao disappointed as the pastry was very thick with little soup inside.
We were put under pressure by staff to hurry up even though this is a large restaurant with plenty of space and it was early evening.
Will not be returning.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

Rarely do I write a review and even more rarely a negative. Ok it was a Sunday about 10 but service was appalling. We were an inconvenience, clearly they wanted to go home but instead of saying sorry sir we are closing they got us in. Crap dumplings. Beef and vegetable soup like water. Ribs luke warm. Asked for water that didn't turn up. The group next to us, Americans I think, were equally unimpressed with the rubbish service. 32 quid later for utter garbage. Forced them to say goodbye as we left. one positive, the handdrier in the gents worked. It clearly only gets people in due to location. Oh and dont be fooled by royal patronage.

1  Thank LastingMemories