“Worst in Chinatown”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Went there last night after an enjoyable day out in London. My wife and I had the set meal option which was very mediocre. The staff were rude and unhelpful and threw our food on the table in passing and did not bring our bottle of wine to the table until halfway through the meal. When I asked for the gratuity to be taken off the bill the lady did not ask why but went over to the waiter who served us and they both started laughing, I presume they found their poor service and attitudes hilarious. I have eaten in many restaurants in Chinatown and cannot believe the attitude of he staff here, never again,

1  Thank Gary P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,097)

Reviewed February 5, 2014

As far as authentic Chinese dim sum places go, I think this is fairly good. The dim sum certainly ranks up there with some of the better places I've been in London. The menu has a wide selection - both a dim sum menu and regular larger dishes (disclaimer: only tried the dim sum).

Unfortunately the staff at this restaurant let it down. I usually expect slightly more, uh, abrupt, service in more authentic Chinese restaurants, but compared to the other places in London the staff here just don't seem to care. On our last visit our waitress got distracted half way through taking us to the table, and once sat down we had to call them many times to get as much as the menu (you can imagine the experience getting the bill!). Don't expect the food to come fast compared with other dim sum places.

Overall: 3/5. It's nice tasting dim sum and this redeems the service.

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Dumplings are very very good and that's a good reason for the restaurant name. They were the only oone to make dumplings after 5pm. We wanted some friends to have their first experience in a chinese restaurant and they have been happy about it. Crispy duck was so tasteful... just we didn't like spring rolls.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I'm always a bit wary of these restaurants in Chinatown's main street and I tend to avoid them... However, I was wrong as this place really hit the spot. We went there for an early dinner on a Thursday night with a friend. We had no reservation and were shown to a table straight away. We shared a quarter of the crispy duck, prawns dumplings, vegetarian dumplings and some pak-choi in Oyster sauce. All the dishes were bursting of flavors and fresh. And the dumplings were honestly one of the best I had in London... Very tasty!
It might be a bit more expensive than the other places but definitely worth it! I will definitely go back again!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is still my favourite place for dim sum in China town. However, the service can be slow and the staff a little rude because it is an incredibly busy place. People queue at the door and there is always pressure to leave as soon as you finish eating. However, if you don't mind that, the food is amazing. The chefs are truly great in this restaurant and I think are fundamental to keep this business going. The staff let the place down, they should really get some customer service training as they are very low-class 'Chinese' with their attitude, but not all staff are like this (I am half-Chinese and half-English so I know what I'm talking about). I came here to eat and not socialise with the waiters so I tend to ignore the rude and slow service and take my time after I finish anyway. :) Of course, it is a great place to get take away dim sum too but I recommend you eat in as Dim Sum is best served freshly cooked. The dumplings and cheung fun are super delicious including the Xiao Long Bao - both chicken and pork are delicious.