“I've found the perfect London breakfast venue!”

Natural Kitchen - Fetter Lane
Ranked #5,497 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: Artisan Restaurant, Food-to-Go & Delicatessen, coffee & juice bar
Reviewed August 23, 2013

If you are looking for somewhere for a breakfast meeting in the Chancery Lane area then I don't think you have to look any further. Great vibrant atmosphere, charming efficient service, perfectly cooked good, all in all faultless.

1  Thank LondonNifty

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We come here regularly for lunch as it is close to our office. Although the service can be slow and there can be a bit of a wait, it is always worth it. The food is delicious and we have never been disappointed! I am still working my way through the menu, so far everything I have had has exceeded my expectations!

1  Thank E101
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is the second time that I have been here at a lunch time and waited over 45 minutes for the order to be brought to the table. It is not as if this is complicated food - I had fish and chips and my partner soup! By time it arrived there was little time to eat it before we had to get back to work. The kitchen is clearly not organised enough or capable of managing the busy lunch time period. The service is dreadful and the food - nothing special (£15 for a chicken club sandwich and chips!) in fact very over priced. I would not recommend this place to any one!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The name conjures up a rustic image. Inside this is a place of warm mellow colours, of natural wood finishes, of queuing behind a wattle partition, of ex church chairs with slots for prayer books and hymnals. Inside it is also a place of sharp suited lawyers and close huddled business people, of blackboards offering ‘Breakfast on the Go’, ‘Take Away Meal Box Deal’ and ‘Fish N’ Chips Fridays’ – both more in keeping with the hard shiny outside and the large TV streaming rolling news. Interesting contrasts, if not exactly schizophrenic.

I had my breakfast there, at a leisurely pace and not ‘on the go’: a mug of good coffee and an excellent dry cured bacon sandwich on toasted white bread. The service was adequate, though without many smiles to brighten what was a very cold morning.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was staying nearby in the Novotel and was attracted to this new restaurant by what looked like an attractive, warm atmosphere (it was cold outside and they had a large projection of a cosy fire onto the wall!)

The menu is pretty standard - burgers, pasta, salads etc - but I had checked out reviews of the other branches of Natural Kitchen and was looking forward to a good meal. Things didn't start out so well, with a 10 minute wait to get a menu and a further 10 minutes before my glass of wine arrived. Tempura Squid was the first disappointment on the food front - tastless rubber rings in a heavy, greasy batter more suited to a chip shop, served with a commercial sweet chilli sauce in a little bowl with undressed rocket. It was the kind of thing that even the cheapest Spanish tapas bar would do better, I followed this with a rare Tuna salad. This turned out to be a poorly executed, underdressed Nicoise with a few large lumps of potato, tomato and green beans on a bed of mixed leaves. The Tuna itself was cooked rare but was stone cold and pretty dry. I asked for some more dressing in order to try to kill the blandness, but it never arrived - the waitress, while cheerful and friendly, seemed to be struggling to cope, even though the place was only half full.

All in all a disappointing experience, as my expectations had been high and this kind of basic, undemanding menu should be very easy to execute well. I know the place has only been open 3 or 4 weeks, but I can't see myself visiting again.