Comfotel GRN
Plaza Hotel(London)
  • Free Internet
Rex Hotel(London)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a budget hotel and should be reviewed as such. My room on the top floor (booked as a single) was very small and couldn't have been used by two people - there was no room to step around the bed and no space to sit other than the bed. I was surprised that there was no hairdryer in the room but I guess I should've known as it wasn't specifically mentioned in the description.
The only window could only be opened about 2 inches which doesn't make for great ventilation - I hate to think what this room will be like in the summer. I'm guessing it will resemble a sauna.
The shower door couldn't be closed, it was stuck about halfway which led to flooding on the floor. Some mould on the bathroom ceiling but nothing you wouldn't expect in a small bathroom with little ventilation. Some people are iffy about this but tbh I know what to expect when I book cheap accommodation.
Free WiFi was available but the signal was so weak up there that I had to lie halfway stretched out against the door to get anything at all.
Walls are paper thin which didn't make for a good night's sleep - my neighbours woke me several times during the night just by talking at a normal voice level (they were NOT loud or partying!) or going to the bathroom.
My bed was the only redeeming feature of the room, it was really very comfortable.
Breakfast was served in Comfotel Blu, two houses down. It was a lot better than expected: Cereal, toast, juice and eggs cooked to order.
The location is fantastic - about 10 min walk from Hammersmith tube station and the Apollo. It's also good neighbourhood, I had no fear of walking around alone in the evening.
Check-in was a bit funny - the manager just asked me my name (Are you X?) and then handed me the keys.
This is a basic hotel and if you don't expect luxury you'll be ok here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Babal00
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Come on folks. This is a budget hotel and it was just fine. Renovations are underway, the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was fine (bigger than the one we stayed in in Victoria!). We stayed on the top floor in a twin en suite room. While it was a "Huff" to get our luggage up there, the skylight windows were nice and the room as adequate. (We even had wi-fi connection in the room which was better than the other 2 places we stayed in London). Based on the reviews, I was pretty scared of what this would be. This is a decent neighborhood, close to tube and the Queen's Head pub (nearby) had great food and beer! I thought the breakfast was better than to be expected. I expected, cereal, fruit and toast, but was pleasantly surprised to find eggs cooked to order. Nice surprise. Don't be afraid to stay here. It's fine. Nothing to write home about, but a.o.k.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Corrine M
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have read several bad reviews of this hotel and I have to say I am glad to have ignored them.
I don't know what people expect, but here is what I and my girlfriend got for £43 per night: a very small but very clean, warm and bright room in a very pleasant neighbourhood in west London, halfway Sheperd's Bush and Hammersmith stations, with satellite tv, a kettle, a few teabags and instant coffee. SImple as that.

The bathroom was also very small, windowless, but clean and functional.
The bed was quite uncomfortable, I have to say.

The staff was extremely polite and helpful. I asked them to change my room because I didn't want to be in the basement and they immediately offered me a room on the first floor which was very bright and airy, although small.

They also kept my luggage after I checked out.

I don't think that one can find anything better, in London, given the price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
8  Thank Gaetano B
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We recently stayed here as were going to a concert. The location was great but the hotel was not! We got lost trying to find the hotel so rang them to get directions, when I spoke to the man on reception he told me I could ask anyone on the street for directions and gave me the address. This was not very helpful. Our room was in the basement and was tiny! The rooms were unclean and the bed sheets were stained. In order to have a shower you had to hold the shower head. In the morning we left without breakfast the dining room ( which was also the reception) was full and to be honest we just wanted to get out.
We will never be staying here again!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Samdik
Reviewed March 24, 2013

i had booked 2 rooms for myself and my husband and for my sister and her husband, we where let in by the man on the reception desk (that was also the dining room) he sat down gave us our keys and told us where our room were, my sisters was 4 floors up and we were in the basement, he did not show us the rooms.
our room was very small, the shower had no rail so the shower head was just dangling on the floor when we told the man he said we could have the room next door that was even smaller, we had to walk side ways to get to the kettle behind the bed.
my sisters room was a bit bigger but the radiator did not work so there was a fan heater, it was quite cold so they had to have it on at night witch was very noisy.
we were told when i phoned up there was hair dryers in the rooms but when we got there we had to ask for them only to be told to ask again in the morning.
the breakfast room had a computer desk for the reception that the man sat at when we were having breakfast, there was a table with the breakfast things on it and 4 table and chairs it was so cramped that all the chairs could not be used at once and some guest were told to come back later for breakfast.
the breakfast was a carton of orange juice on each the table, and weetabix or cornflake, pots of yogurt and fruit on the table with the kettle and crockery on, you could have fried or scrambled eggs and toast.
there was a mix of cups and dishes some of them cracked and not very appetizing.
it was cheap and o maybe not cheerful, but if you are not to worried about cramped room and cramped dinning rooms then i suppose it would do but we will not be staying there again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple