Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has grounds to investigate that individuals or entities associated with or having an interest in this property may have attempted to interfere with traveler reviews and/or the Popularity Index for this property. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans. We make our best efforts to identify suspicious content and are always working to improve the processes we use to assess traveler reviews.

“Nice place, clean and comfortable”
Review of Comfotel GRN

Comfotel GRN
Ranked #456 of 555 B&Bs / Inns in London
Torino
“Nice place, clean and comfortable”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were 5 friends and we took a family room. Outside, the building is very pretty, the rooms are clean, modern, bath was really nice, the shower was big and in the room you have a little fridge and the necessary to make a tea or something.
Staff is soo nice, there's an indian man wich is really careful about guests needs...he gives us 2 bottle of juice when we check out and they keep ours luggages all the day after the check out so we can pick them up on the evening and walk around without problems.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 Thank Enrica M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
birmingham
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Looks lovely on the site; nothing like it in reality. Faulty electrics and a blocked fire exit = disaster waiting to happen. Don't pay for the privilege.
We arrived in the evening to find it closed and with no manager on site, just a note telling us to call a mobile or call in at another hotel to be let in. We were let in after much huffing and puffing from the hotel up the road and shown into a basement room that was as long as the double bed and the width of the bed plus a side table. The toilet was hard to get into [and I'm only a size 12! a larger person wouldn't have been able to get in]. It had only1 pillow, 1 towel, despite booking as a couple. 45 mins later the manager arrived to give us extra stuff. We were prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt until we realised there was no working electric at all in the room and the manager said "oh it goes off when it rains, there's a problem with the electrics".! We moved rooms the following day to another room that also had no working electricity. In the third room [transferred after much huffing and puffing and the insinuation that we were just being picky] the electricity worked, but the window was smashed so it was freezing and noisy. In all the rooms te beds had no mattress protectors and they were stained. In the first room, it was so small that it was impossible to tuck the sheet under the matress against the wall and so the sheet kept slipping off to reveal a dirty mattress.
Additionally, the fire exit was blocked by detritus such as boxes, chairs, an ironing boardpacks of paper towels. Faulty electrics and a blocked fire exit = disaster waiting to happen. Don't pay for the privilege.

Room Tip: Having been in a selection of them all I can say is just don't
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank grunner_9

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Bath
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 10 days and it was an OK experience.

The first room was at the front on the busy road, but the window was thick enough that you could shut all noise out. The second room on the second week there was much quieter at the garden end of the hotel.

The Internet here is free (wifi) but very unreliable. It keeps cutting out.

The ensuites are tiny little rooms built into the rooms and the shower in the first room (no.14) was pretty tricky - there was nothing to hang the shower onto and the water temperature and pressure was a nightmare.

Breakfast is pretty good. Continental. Nothing fancy, but there were yogurts, cereal, eggs, toast, jam, butter, fruit, orange juice, beans and cakey things.

Price was reasonable - I think! £220 for 5 nights.

The cleaning of the rooms was varied. The bed was always made and sometimes the towels were replaced. There are mugs with tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms, but I had to take my mug downstairs during the second week to get it cleaned, because no one had thought to do that during cleaning my room.

So, yeah, just don't expect anything too fancy. It was clean, warm and dry.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank NvragainBath
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2012

After reading quite a few recently posted bad reviews I thought I post mine as well as this is not what I experienced.
I had to book a last minute business trip for just 1 night. I couldn’t justify paying in excess of £100 for a room in one of the bigger chain hotels so went shopping on internet for something more affordable. Living in West Yorkshire, for me this was still a better option for me than going up and down on the train for the day as I had an early morning start as well. Paid only £68 and I guess with less than a week notice you can’t expect a lot with it being London but as long as its clean and reasonable I am happy.
I found all personnel very helpful and friendly. They even allowed me to have breakfast earlier than the actual starting time so I could get to my appointment in time. Room was small but most importantly clean and the bed and other furniture was ok. Also en-suite bathroom was clean and had a nice powerful shower. Location wise also good, shepherds Bush Road offers plenty of places to eat and I didn’t feel ‘unsafe’ at any point not even when it got dark. Mammersmith tube station is about 15 minutes away and also here plenty of places to eat and to go for a drink.
Conclusion, nothing glamorous but clean and reasonably priced in a nice part of the City.
Nico

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Nick_T7878
Reviewed September 10, 2012

As a birthday surprise my friend booked a small boutique hotel and tickets to a sold out concert. I was very excited to go as me and my friend had never been away together. On arrival to the hotel that she booked, the "manager/ receptionist" answered the locked door and looked at us and grunted " what do you want". Politely we asked if we could check in. He proceeded to take us to the reception area/ dining room/ kitchen and we told him the name we booked under. He then told us the hotel was over booked and he had moved us to another location although the hotel still had the vacancy sign still up. He showed us the cancellation form but would not give us a copy. We then asked why were we we're not informed of the problem or the relocation and the guy proceeded to blame booking.com and said " it's not my fault". We asked how much the other hotel would be and he replied not much more than this one. After spending money on travel, tickets and food we weren't prepared to pay any more than what we originally paid. The guy promised us we wouldn't pay anymore than the price so we left the Royal London Hotel and came to this comfotel hotel. On arrival the " manager/ receptionist" was outside and led us into to the same layout as the other previous hotel. Explaining the situation to this staff member he understood us well and then told us it was going to be extra to stay there. I argued my case as I felt this was nothing to do with us and they should get the extra money from the previous hotel or from the booking agent. He then told us we either pay the extra or don't stay and still get charged. Feeling trapped I then phoned my boyfriend, who himself works in the hotel trade, and he told me they were trying to scam you out of money. Do not pay anything until booking.com have spoken to them. We then spoke to booking.com who were understanding and pleasant to our needs. As we were talking to booking.com the staff member continued to be on Facebook/ YouTube/ smut sites. The booking agent then told us they would be in contact with the hotel at this time. 10 minutes later the hotel phone ringing and booking.com tell them the previous hotel has to honour the extra uplift as it is not the clients problem. The guy handed me the phone and booking .com told me this as well. The guy gave us the hotel keys and took us to our room then left. Exploring the room, the shower was mouldy, there was no hair dryer (being female I expected one), no soap, no shampoo and a small sachet of shower gel. Overall dismal...... I will from now on never book a hotel on shepherds bush road again. Completely ruined my weekend.

I wish this to be brought to the attention of the general manager.

• Stayed September 2012
Totnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. They lost my booking, told me I had to pay twice, had an ironing board but no iron, the rooms were basic, cheap beds, crap soap, wifi signal non existent in most rooms.

They kept me waiting for 3 hours in reception.

they also moved me to their cheaper hotel, if you book 120 make sure you stay at 120 NOT 114.

Hated every second of it

crap crap crap crap crap

Room Tip: Go to another hotel and make sure if you book the one at 120 they don't move you to 114
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My son and I stayed there for a couple of nights last week and while the first room was tiny, the second room was lovely. Everything worked. The manager was extremely helpful and freindly and went out of his way for us. It was clean and the breakfast was plentiful and made to order. The only issue was the door slamming and the road noise due to our window being open. It was overpriced due to the olympics but otherwise I am guessing it would be a reasonable place to stay relatively accessible. Free, reliable internet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family