“Can definitely tell it's 5*”

Grange Tower Bridge Hotel
Ranked #227 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Lovely hotel, welcomed every time we entered with friendly greetings and smiles. Booked the hotel through lastminute.com's secret hotels where we didn't know the name of the hotel until we'd booked and was nervous because of this, but so glad we did it as it was worth the price. Looking through the reviews, they aren't great and most because of price, but it's a five tar - you get what you pay for. Our rooms were cleaned and put back to the same as when we'd entered every day, even had our pyjamas folded neatly on the bed. We used the leisure facilities which are perfect and I can imagine to use those alone would be costly. I had a massage, booked at the final minute as staff kindly looked for possible cancellations and luckily found one as the massage was the best I've had - but I guess this differs from person to person. Beds are so comfortable, we had the best night's sleep we've had in ages. All in all, I was happy to come back to such a lovely place every night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lizruth

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Really good hotel. Excellent bathroom with great shower. Good attention to detail in the rooms which are a great size with very comfortable beds. Enjoyed my stay will use again when on business. Staff are very courteous. A real pleasure all round.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

just returned home after a long weekend in london. the hotel was very clean..modern and the staff were all very good,despite previous comnents.they all went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant onw.thissome included bringing my friend a small cake to our room just after we arrived for her birthday. a lovely touch.continentel breakfast one of the best i have had. its worh requesting a room on 13floor as you get great views of the shard....tower and tower bridge.an excellent hotel .....thankyoy to alk the staff who work very hard to maintain standards

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Pins1Sheffield
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Booked this hotel for my partner and I as a birthday treat. We booked through Last Minute.com’s secret hotel where the identity of the hotel is not revealed until after payment is made.

The hotel was very nice indeed, an extremely comfortable bed, a well appointed room and great views to the Tower of London from the window.

Some little touches were missing however like bath robes, slippers etc - this hotel markets itself as a 5 star property and items like that should have been present. The toiletries were also not very nice, leaving a film on the skin that was not pleasant.

The bathroom however was excellent with a fantastic horizontal jet shower and deep bath tub.

Would book again for the heavily discounted rate we received via last minute.com but would think twice about paying the rack rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room to stand a chance of getting a decent view of the Tower
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Spent a week here in late Feb for a business trip. The room was a decent size and very well appointed - the bathroom in particular was excellent. The room was also quiet - very little external noise and while I didn't have a particularly great view I fully expect the rooms on the top floor to offer excellent views. I didn't really use the hotel facilities much but the restaurant was excellent the one time I used it. Likewise the staff were uniformly professional and courteous.

Also plus point - free wifi through out the hotel as well as a wired connection at the desk in the room.

All in all an excellent stay and will definitely be on my short-list next time I'm in London.

Room Tip: As always with London hotels - rooms on high floors are generally better.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed twice at this hotel and found it through Lastminute.com and have to say how nice it is. Standard hotel room, modern, clean and nice bathroom. I do find the lighting in hotels a nightmare especially for girls when applying makeup! The staff were all very nice and the restaurant looked lovely. We didn't have breakfast included and it was far too expensive. I think this was because there is not really many places nearby so they have taken advantage of this. There is a wether spoons just on the corner (a nice one) and we had breakfast at pret a manger nearby. This is a business area so very quiet at weekends. Tower hill tube and aldgate are just around the corner (I don't do walking) but really near and great for all the main tourist stops. I would recommend this hotel as great location, clean and has an indoor pool and spa. We didn't get to use the spa so can't comment. Well worth staying.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The price value is exceptional good - there are many hotels in London less service for more money. Very clean, super friendly and supportive staff and the cuisine is high above average. The Grange is my personal favorite in London.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business