“Lovely Hotel”

Grange Tower Bridge Hotel
Ranked #244 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. Situated in walking distance to Tower Bridge, the views from the rooms are amazing. We stayed in a suite and it was gorgeous. It is close to several nice bars, restaurants and pubs, and 5 minutes away from Tube station. Staff are very friendly and helpful.
The glass elevators are fab!!!

Would love to return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,858)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Made a booking online and phoned to confirm a few days beforehand and they could not find reservation. Cue me booking again - this time prepay - and thought nothing of it. Checked my bank statement and I had been charged for the original booking. Sent off an email with screen shot of my bank statement showing both charges, both emails and detailing scenario. Followed up with a phone call and spoke to a reservations/customer service rep who confirmed she had my email in front of her. She said she would call. Awaiting. Other than that - the hotel was a nice 4 star - kind of like if a Virgin Active did hotels (the Bank branch). Check-in staff a bit surprised to see two 'obvious gay ladies' checking in - which is a bit amusing considering we live in the biggest gay capital of like, Earth. I digress, this kind of marred my experience but for the price and location - would still recommend.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here for a city break. First impressions very good. Easy access from Tower Hill tube station. Warm efficient welcome at reception. Very modern and easy on the eye. Room equipped to a high standard and very comfortable - furnished well. Didn't use the leisure facilities - it was a bitterly cold w/e.

Only criticism was breakfast. There was a lot to choose from; cereals etc. were fine - but on our first morning I had the cooked breakfast from the buffet. Sausages and baked beans tasteless; the 'scrambled egg' left a repeating taste for the rest of the day. Very much regretted having it. On the second day chose from the menu - had waffles. Served quickly and a much better option. Freshly cooked and very pleasant to eat, served with fruit - felt almost healthy!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights just after the Chirstmas period. I guess I should get the bad bits out of the way first. The only thing wrong with this Hotel is that its so close to the other Grange Hotel (the Grange City). So you have to be sure which one you're staying in and might need to explain the exact location to taxi drivers - they get confused which is which.

Ok thats the bad bit, now the good bits:

The location is great. In the East End and close to Tower Hill Tube and Tower Gateway DLR. There is a Tesco Express around the corner and Costa opposite inside another hotel. I walked from this location to St. Pauls and it took around 20 minutes, so very close to the City.

The rooms were excellent. Very big and had everything you wanted. The TV in our room was a bit of a weird angle, but it was fine - its not like it affected the stay. The beds were big and comfortable and the bathroom was modern and clean.

The cleanliness of the rest of the hotel was fine too. My partner used the swimming pool and she said the facilities down there were excellent - and her standards are high! With regard to the other facilities, the other thing we used was room service (I know, lazy eh!) - but we found that after 10pm the menu was massively reduced. I guess you cant have everything in life, but keep that in mind if you want to eat late.

Overall the hotel was lovely and I wouldnt hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Room service menu is reduced after 10pm.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Me and my best friend decided last minute to book a hotel for New Year Eve.
We were looking on late rooms at 4 and 5 star hotels (we wanted to treat outselves) and came across this hotel for a good price
I then went on to the Hotels site and found that it would only cost us £50 more each for breakfast for the two mornings
plus a 5 course Gala Dinner which included a Glass of Champagne.

When you arrive at the hotel you are greeted by a concierge which was a treat for us

The Room was really lovely very spacious. we had two single beds plus a sofa with a coffe table which had a choice of magazines for you to read. The bathroom was gorgeous.

You can use the swimming pool sauna and steam room which we took full advantage of.

Our 5 course NYE Gala dinner was excellent! The food was to die for! However I am glad we booked in advance because it would have cost us £55 each +VAT (We got this plus breakfast for only £50)

Breakfast again was brilliant. We only had continental however there was more than enough to fill you up. I could of eaten my weight in there pastries they were lovely!

For NYE the location was great as it was only a few stops on the tube down to see the fire works however getting into Oxford street or to theatres requires a few tube changes that might not agree with some people.

All in all we loved our stay here and think we got great value for money we paid £247 each for two nights, breakfast and a 5 course meal.

I would recommend this hotel or any of the Grange hotels as they all seem to have a great reputation

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to London in November, and whenever anybody asks me about my trip, a picture of this hotel comes to my mind immediately. It was like home, and when I was leaving, I knew I would be homesick. I am! I want to go back right now! Staff made you feel like family---from the ones we saw every day to the ones we saw only once. The concierges especially were the absolute BEST! They don't know the meaning of the word "can't." They found information for me that I could never have found, they had ideas, and, no exaggeration, they went "above and beyond" constantly. (Gegerly and Daniel are 2 of the names I remember, but they were all wonderful!)
Decor is sooooo homey. Roomy rooms. Silk curtains and bedding. First class all the way, down to the toiletries.
We had trouble figuring out how to run the bath fixtures in our room, but---no problem---one of the concierges came up and gave us a tutorial. He was so kind and didn't make us feel "dumb" for our ignorance.
CON: The shower handle was hard to turn even after we knew how to do it. A little unpleasant to have water go all over the floor while we got it running.
We ate at the hotel restaurant for breakfast (included in our price). Exquisite! We loved the English sausages, the fish, the tea, chocolate croissants and all the regular breakfast fare. By the end of the week, though, we had figured out the very best choice for us: eggs benedict. We liked them with the spinach (can't think of the official name). Cooked to perfection as a special order. (I do want to say that this restaurant would be quite pricey had it been an addition to our bill, but since it was included we took advantage of it and were really glad we could).
CON: the maid didn't replace our used coffee cups or wash cloths. I believe you have to request those replacements.
CON: It really is a far walk from the "tube" (subway). About 15 minutes. To get to the hotel from the tube, ask the direction to Mineries when you come up from underground. That puts you in the right direction, then you can ask for Prescott Street.
Getting to the hotel: It took us 90 minutes to get there from Heathrow via the tube. Another hotel guest we met said it took them the exact same amount of time on the train (which doesn't even go all the way to the hotel - you have to get another way from the train station to the hotel). Another person hired a a private car, and it took one hour. Our tube ticket only cost us 5 pounds, the train was 25 pounds and it was 50 for the car, I believe.
The tube doesn't run early. Let the concierge check the time. We had to get a taxi to the airport so we wouldn't miss our early flight. It's worth the expense just to have the peace of mind.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We booked a fixed price, non cancellable, room for a good price, given the location and quality of the hotel. Friendly staff at Reception offered us an 'upgrade' - a bigger room on a higher floor. it was actually designed for disabled access, which meant the washbasin in the bathroom was rather low, but a minor point which didn't inconvenience us. Pluses - good location. Excellent, large, very comfortable bed, well fitted out room, lovely bathroom with a very powerful shower, good big towels and nice toiletries. Decent amount of hanging space in the cupboard, room well lit, decent mirrors, sensibly located, well stocked and reasonably priced mini bar. Minuses - the rest of the bedroom furniture was pretty poor quality, as were the sofas/armchairs in the bar, thin, worn cushions don't make for a comfortable place to sit and chill. The powerful shower is installed in such a way that half the bathroom floor is covered with water whilst showering, no matter how we rearranged the shower curtain - fellow guests mentioned the same issue. Hairdryer fixed inside a drawer with a button you have to hold down with your thumb to use - a regular annoyance and I'd have expected better from an up market hotel of this kind. Although mentioned briefly on the website, I was surprised to be asked for photo ID on check in - we didn't have any, and this isn't a legal requirement in UK as far as I know. Choice of wine by the glass in the bar isn't great, and the glass of water I requested simply never materialised. Service, generally, is efficient but a bit impersonal. Generally, very happy with our stay and would definitely recommend. We didn't use the spa or have breakfast although continental breakfast was included in our rate.