“Excellent Hotel”

Grange Tower Bridge Hotel
Ranked #244 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed here twice and both times the rooms have been of the same high standard. Large comfy bed, clean bathroom, ironing board, good tv channels. The decor is modern but classical and fittings are of a very high standard. The breakfast was excellent, self service buffet of full English and contental selections.The leisure area and pool are really nice and relaxing with a great swimming pool and jacuzzi, sauna, and steam room. The Hotel is situated close to Tower Hill tube station on the District and Circle line, which was unfortuantely closed when we were there, but is also accessible from Liverpool street and Tower Bridge. Also lots of buses nearby. Only sight criticism is that on the wing of the hotel we were only has two liftys sevicing 11 floors and one of them was out of order, meaning lengthy waits for the lift which often frustratingly whizzed past full. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,862)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My boyfriend surprised me by booking this hotel, and it is a posh hotel! A nice gentlemen greeted us at the entrance and took our luggage through. As we entered the reception there were about 6-7 staff members behind the desk which felt a bit too much as we didn't know who to go to. The staff member was very welcoming and explained everything we needed to know about our stay. The room is a standard size and very modern. We used the swimming pool which we hoped would be tranquil and relaxing; however the excitement of children didn't make it a relaxing experience, therefore we didn't stay long. We didn't eat at the hotel as we went out for dinner and the price for breakfast was a bit steep for what you get, but there is a Wetherspoons next door. We had a nice view of the buidlings surrounding the hotel such as The Gherkin. The hotel did feel slightly business-like, however there were other couples and families staying too. As this was a birthday surprise i don't know how much the room cost therefore wouldn't know if it is worth the money, but it is a very high-class hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Very good quality hotel with good staff and accomodation. Probably one of my shortest reviews as there is nothing else to say. It is vey good but completely forgettable. Nothing wrong but nothing really standout either, like a mercedes saloon car is the nearest I can describe it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Within walking distance of the Tower of London. The room was very well decorated and the bed was comfortable. The only thing I had trouble with was the shower -- I couldn't get the water temperature regulated properly. It was too hot to take a shower so I wound up using the bathtub! The breakfast was buffet style and all the food was good. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on business for 4 nights. Great location, just around corner from Tower of London. Also plenty bars and restaurants nearby. Hotel has a superb swimming pool, spa and gym.
My room was superb. All amenities from iron to hair dryer. gorgeous bathroom with walk in rain shower(plus bath). Comfy bed and great seating area. Breakfast was buffet style with everything from cereals and fruits to smoked salmon. Ate dinner in hotel one night which was delicious, sea bream with artichokes. Last night I ordered room service which arrived promptly and was one if nicest steaks I've had! Only downside was I ordered and paid for large wine but received small glass.
Hotel also reasonably priced for centre of London.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Have stayed twice, both times for 3 nights a piece. Staff attentive, rooms spacious, clean and fitted out to the highest standard.

I ate in both the restaurant and also had room service. Both experiences were good. Food is fresh and cooked perfectly.

I would not hesitate in staying here again.

Room Tip: 13th and 14th floor offer excellent views of the Thames or the City
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed here for my fiance's birthday on 2nd nov and so glad I picked this hotel. I have stayed in lots of 4/5* hotels with work luckily and this one was definately in my top 5! I also work in a spa hotel myself so have a lot to compare it to
We got there early so used the spa for couple of hours before our room was ready. The staff were so lovely and helpful, the spa was so quiet and only 2 other people in there! Everything was spotless and it was a great place to relax.
When we did check in we were upgraded which was lovely as I did tell them it was my fiance's birthday, the room was huge and the bed was so comfy, best night sleep i've ever had in a hotel!
We called down to see if anyone could serve afternoon tea to the room as it wasn't on r/s menu, they did this no trouble at all even though it is meant to be pre booked.
After our night out we went back to the bar before bed, the service was good and the seats are comfy but it was a very small bar for a hotel of that size!
In the morning we went down for breakfast at 10, it finishes at 11 on weekends which is great. But we did queue behind about 20-30 people to get a table so go down earlier if you can! They do have posters in the lift saying this though so at least they tell you. The food was lovely, huge selection, hot plates, lots of staff and no need to ask for anything extra. The only thing was that I did pre book breakfast but then they asked for extra £5 each for english b/f so obviously the booking only includes continental.
For the people saying that weatherspoons is better, or that the hotel is a 'dump' as someone put it, they couldn't be more wrong so just ignore and you will have a great time I'm sure!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for good view we had floor 11.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple