“Fantastic Weekend in a fantastic Hotel”

Grange Tower Bridge Hotel
Ranked #214 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Weekend in a fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

Myself my daughter and 7 year old granddaughter have just returned today from a theatre trip to London,which was a birthday treat for my granddaughter, and we have had the pleasure of staying in this beautiful hotel. From the moment we stepped out of the taxi we were greeted by the concierge, and helped into the hotel with our luggage. Booking in was a breeze and the receptionist was wonderful and tried to get us interconnecting rooms, but was unable to, so she gave us a complimentary upgrade which was totally unexpected. When we arrived at our rooms we were amazed at how luxurious they were. The beds were huge. And the shower in the bathroom was like walking into a spa, it gave you a wonderful a massage with the jets of water. The swimming pool was so good we had a job getting my granddaughter to get out to get ready to go out to the theatre, my daughter just wanted to stay in the jacuzzi, as she was becoming so relaxed, and that sums up our weekend stay at this great hotel, relaxing. We have stayed in other hotels on other theatre weekend breaks, but this tops them 100%. We are planning our next trip to London and we will most definitely be booking this hotel again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Suziq138

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
northants
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

i booked this hotel through last minute .com and it was a secret location hotel ,when revealied i was a bit concerned as i had stayed in another one of these in a diffrent location and it was a dire experience but i decided to give it a go ,im glad i did thid hotel and experience could not be more differnt, from entering the hotel the staff were friendly ,welcoming ,and pleasant . the room was lovely ,spacious ,clean and of a high quality finish .i phoned to say that i needed a twin room and was allocated one which was two double double beds ,in a huge room ,the shower is a definate must ,a rain forest shower head and two extra shower jets placed within the walls WOW,i went with a friend and am returning with my husband ,the tube station is a stones throw away and access to central london is easy without being in a hotel with the hustle and bustle .in the night i never heard a single sound from outside or inside the hotel ,a stay at this hotel is must

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

My room was a reasonable size for a city centre hotel, the decor was modern and pleasant, cleanliness of a high standard and complimentary magazines which we relevant to me were provided. My only slight complaint with the room was being near the lift shaft. The bathroom was fantastic with a great shower and a separate bath, all beautifully tiled.

The hotel staff were very pleasant and eager to help. The queue at checkin was negligible and for a Friday morning check out I was very impressed at only having to wait a couple of minutes.

The breakfast buffet was good, I had the continental option. Again the staff were efficient and the service slick. The dining room would be a little better laid out, it felt a bit like a school dining hall with all the tables lined up in rows and not anything to break it into sections or provide a little intimacy or privacy.

Overall a really good hotel, certainly beats anything else I have stayed in in the immediate area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

I checked the reviews for this hotel before booking and thought I was taking a chance!! Boy was I surprised. Its lovely. I did room only and got breakfast out each day. My room was beautiful and I had a view out over the East of London and towards the Eastern reaches of the River. Great location for visiting the Tower area and Butlers Wharf and ideal for The Jack the Ripper tour. It is immaculately clean and cutting edge modern. The pool area is lovely with a great wall of water at one end that you can swim under, and thalassotherapy massage type "taps" and hydro points and hot and cold foot baths around the pool. Be careful though, the floor can be very slippery around the pool. Staff are exceptionally, smart and professional. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

From first pulling up outside in my car and the porter coming to greet me and take my bags, allowing me to go the 100 metres or so to park the car to checking out and having my bags out in the car.
Even trying hard I can't really fault this hotel. Everything is brand new, there are at least three fast lifts. I was shown to my room and shown how everything worked (not that I intend to use an iron) My room was very relaxing and comfortable, the bed once I'd found it under all the cushions, was so easy to fall asleep in. The room had standard tea/coffee making facilities and a large safe The view from my room although I don't go stay in hotels for the view was quite good (it was raining, but I could still make out 'the ghurkin'.
The bathroom was fantastic, separate bath and shower, shaving/makeup mirror, plenty of light you could see yourself, full length mirrors (not always a good thing in my case lol)
Breakfast well at £20 a bit steep but a buffet and you can eat to your hearts delight (or not) However that was my choice as London as enough places to get a good breakfast and I knew the price before I sat down. The bar area was comfortable but I'd not spend the night there, prices seemed as I'd expect for London, and the second night having been to a club I asked for a sandwich this would have fed two of us. Service at the bar was good as expected, and I was treat with respect and courtesy at the bar and throughout my stay. There was always a friendly hello or have a nice evening from the staff, none of whom I suspect had English as a first language, but this was with the exception of one occasion not a problem but I have a strong northern accent
I didn't order room service so can't comment. There was a complimentary paper waiting each morning.
The Hotel has a spa, a pool and other amenities, I never availed myself of these so can't comment, Wireless and Sky Sport along with other channels available, the television was a good size and unlike a lot of hotels the remote worked
All in all this hotel complimented my weekend, loved it

Room Tip: I stayed in room 637, maybe not the best views, but I know what London looks, and don't look at...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Reykjavik, Iceland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

The facilities at the hotel are great. It is new and little details as electricity plugs are made to suit guests from all over. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. Bathroom great with both bath and shower. One bad thing in the room, maddress so hard, not made for curves!
The fitness center is perfect, I went there every day. It is not often I find a hotel swimming pool I can swim in, a 25 m pool :)
Now after three days of enjoying the stay at the hotel, where I stayed with my daughter for a shopping trip, there came the disappointment. The chambre maids were extreamly efficiant, went through all our things in bathroom and on tables and desk, everything was moved and made very tidy. However, I am very sure of that I had piled up all our shopping receipts collected for tax free on the desk under the TV remote control but they were all gone when we got back the last day. The good value of our shopping trip was gone. After reporting this to the reception I got a visit from the duty manager who said he had already contacted the maid that stated that she had not thrown anything away. He said he would have to investigate and get back to me but obviously he chose to belive the maid and decided not to do anything about it, at least I have still not heard from him now 4 days later. I would have appreciated at least an apology. Furthermore the hotel prides it self of being eco friendly and I am happy to participate in that effort, still the maids always changed the towels every day in spite of the note they would not be changed unless lying on the floor.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

This is one of the better London hotels I have stayed in. The look of it, the rooms and the staff all make staying here a very pleasent experience. The rooms are large and the batroom spacious with seperate shower and bath. The pool and sauna etc are modern and a great way to unwinde. It's a few tube stops away from the west end but not too much of an inconvenience. My only caution is the area around the hotel is very quiet late at night. Not a soul on the street and it is a bit of a stroll back from the tube station so get a cab if you're travelling back. Overall though a very good experience and we will consider it again for our next trip to London.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends