“Good breakfast”

Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I go to this Restaurant everytime i visit London for breakfast..I do agree with some of the reviews about the staff as sometimes they seem a bit grumy.
However we have enjoyed our mean each time and have no complaints when it comes to the food and the price of this Italian is very reasonable for the area as it so near by Harrods.

The only issue is - It says on the menu and opening hours outside that they open at 9am - This isn`t the case as we have been turned away at this time as they are cleaning and asked to come back at 10.30am - Change your opening times as advertised!
Amy

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Totally agree with Leigh B, amazing food, great attentive service and quaintly Italian. We stumbled on this restaurant by chance and I'll admit I was a bit apprehensive but I needn't have worried at all, one of the best little Italian restaurants I've been in, I can honestly say that our meals were first class, if I had one negative, it would be that the bill was a little pricey for what we had but then again, it is next to Harrods. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Food average. Service needs work. Manager needs to be more attentive in the right way. A little work would go a long way in this place.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My family and I visited this place last night for an evening meal. I rang ahead an asked for a table for 5 people and he said they were fully booked, I asked if I could come at 8pm and he said yes come then and we'll find you a table. Upon arrival there were no free tables and I mentioned I'd booked but the man (who i assume was the manager) said he didn't say we could book he said he would TRY and find us a table. I apologised and asked if we could sit at the bar til a table is available. He said no but that we could stand in the doorway awkwardly. A pleasant waiter then came over and got us a table. He was the only pleasant member of staff. The pricing on the menus was strange. Pasta or pizza about £13-14, steak, fish and chicken dishes only a pound or two extra. I chose pasta puttanesca which was supposed to have tuna in but I didn't find very much, other than this it was ok, although the pasta was overlooked, not al dente. Others in the group ordered salads, no rocket just iceberg lettuce which I didn't think was very Italian. Then when I asked for parmesan cheese I was told impatiently that it was coming, everything is coming!! My sister asked for the pollo valdostana but asked if the chicken could come breaded instead of plain. Breaded chicken was available elsewhere on the menu so we didn't think it would be a problem. But the manager said no, we had to stuck to the menu as it was too busy to be mixing things around. The food itself took a long time to come, while we were still waiting for our meals, surrounding tables had ordered, eaten, paid and left, and they had been seated after us! We sat down about 8ish and were still waiting for food at 9.15pm. We were starving! Everyone ate what we were given as we were so hungry. Anytime we needed to order more drinks it was easier to get up and find a waiter rather than waiting for a waiter to come to the table, the restaurant had cleared of most customers by now, but the staff seemed more interested in cleaning tables rather than looking after customers. Also my sister's four cheese salad (the dish which was probably the quickest thing to make) arrived ten minutes after everyone else's meals. I used the toilets and the hand dryers were broken and they didn't look very clean and there was no toilet roll. Also lots of notes sellotaped to the wall about how their plumbing is not very good, so please don't flush your tampons down the toilet!! After the meal we promptly asked for the bill and paid the service charge (which had already been added onto the bill) reluctantly, but left nothing more. THEN (and this is the best bit), we put our coats on, gathered up our belongings, and I noticed my two shopping bags were no longer by my feet. I couldn't find them anywhere. After a moment of panic I decided to ask a waiter if they had come across any shopping bags, and they said yes they had, they thought someone had left them behind (even though they were by my feet). He gave me one of my carrier bags back. I asked if he had my other bag. He said they did have it but he wasn't sure were it had gone. It was only a sainsbury's bag with two bottles of fizzy drinks in but by now I was getting suspicious. After the waiter called who I assume was the rude manager, the manager proceeded to walk into the kitchen and came out carrying my bottles of fizzy drinks. I asked if they had the sainsbury's bag in which they were in, and they pulled out a scrunched up sainsbury's bag from behind the bar! All very odd. Perhaps they were going to use my bottles of drinks to serve customers with??! I don't know! Anyway, all in all a rather intimidating atmosphere, very odd and underhand, crap customer service, very average food. My family is Italian and we often enjoy visiting Italian restaurants and having banter with the waiters etc, we enjoy a noisy happy atmosphere, but this was certainly not that kind of experience. Very disappointing!

1  Thank Annamariasunderland
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We came cross this restaurant by chance and as it was raining and it looked like a family owned traditional Italian Restaurant we thought we would give it a try. We were seated immediately but then waited for 35 minutes before asking an Italian looking waiter if there was any chance of ordering. He half smiled through gritted teeth and said he would be with us shortly. After waiting another 10 minutes we attracted the attention of a waitress who finally took our food order although she had tried to take the drinks order only. We should have left then! The drink promptly arrived however the bowl of average pasta I ordered took about another 45 minutes. It was not what I expect from a small Italian restaurant. The service was appalling and the food was not much better. Then when the bill came they had to cheek to add 10% gratuity! We refused to pay the extra and will not be returning. If you do come across this restaurant don't be tempted. Keep walking. Poor service, poor food and over priced.