“Fantastic introduction to Street Art.....”

Street Art London Tours
Ranked #23 of 727 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Street Art London's street art tour is a walking tour around East London's creative hub for those who want to see all of London's greatest pieces of street art and find out more about the street artists behind them. We will show you all the secret spots, a few forgotten about Banksys and street art from the likes of Roa, Invader and C215! For those with an interest in photography it is also a fantastic oppurtunity to document some of the world's finest street art.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were given a wonderful 2 hour guided tour with Karim last week around Shorditch, Hackney and Brick Lane. Knew little, and came away knowledgable and enthusiastic about the culture of street art. Will do it again....

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is so much more than a typical tourist walk. Whether you know a great deal about street art or nothing at all you will be able to experience a full spectrum of artists- Roa, Eine,Invader, Swoon,Banksy and Shepard Fairey- to more subtle, often overlooked pieces. Given the ephemeral nature of street art, I highly recommend taking a tour. Street Art London, and Karim in particular, offer a robust and diverse discussion and tour of the area. He covers a broad range of topics from the visual language of graffiti and street art, philosophical underpinnings,gender, socioeconomic divides.He also discussed methodology, different styles and their origins, ephemerality,traces, erasures and palimpsests.Our tour included a number of artists interested in environmental concerns.
I booked this tour for a group of university students (mostly in the arts) and many stated it was their favorite activity that they participated in. They were riveted-three hours flew by and we were all captivated by our speaker.
While it is true it is fast paced- this just means that you get to see more pieces. It is a real treat to be shown such a diverse collection from someone that is intimately familiar with the genre and locale. Even though I booked the tour for my students, I came away so very happy and satisfied with my experience. I will book this tour again. *I wish Karim would write a book.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I went on this tour after a colleague recommended it. We were not let down. Karim was really knowledgeable so we felt that we were learning credible stuff (and not embellished stories for the sake of tourists); we now know the burning candy crew from the rolling people! We both agreed that the tour reignited our passion for our home city, where you will quite often walk passed art and not even acknowledge it because you're always in such a rush. The tour takes about 4 hours (with a short break for lunch) and you cover a lot of ground in an area covered in art and graffiti - wear sensible shoes and have a good breakfast! It's definitely a good value day out. We will definitely go again soon as everything changes so rapidly. Thanks Karim.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I really enjoyed seeing all of London's interesting street art, but the guide left us behind a few times and after a few hours it was just very exhausting.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The tour was recommended to me by a friend and fully lived up to my high expectations. Karim was an extremely engaging, informative and, above all, entertaining guide. The passion he has for street art really showed. The tour covered a great deal of ground without ever feeling rushed. The time just flew by.

I have lived and worked in the area of east London the tour covers for the last 12 years and know a bit about street art, but the tour opened me up to artists and pieces I didn't previous know. That is not to say that you would need to have any prior knowledge of street art to enjoy the tour. Whether you live in London or are just visiting, this is a great way to spend a few hours.