“An incredible experience”

Street Art London Tours
Ranked #34 of 752 Tours in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Street Art London's street art tour is a walking tour around East London's creative hub for those who want to see all of London's greatest pieces of street art and find out more about the street artists behind them. We will show you all the secret spots, a few forgotten about Banksys and street art from the likes of Roa, Invader and C215! For those with an interest in photography it is also a fantastic oppurtunity to document some of the world's finest street art.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This tour blew my mind. I have been following and collecting banksy for many years now and although the prints are amazing obviously the impact of the street pieces is phenomenal, as the stencils were devised to be used outdoors!The tour is incredibly well organized and complete and I enjoyed this experience fully. I feel recommending this to anyone into street art and art in general. If you're happy to see prints and canvases I can recommend this street art exhibition in London featuring great banksy's works :

Antonio

"brick lane"
in 30 reviews
"eye opening"
in 11 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 20 reviews
in 59 reviews
"knowledge"
in 80 reviews

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This tour completely changed the way I experience the city. I've been living in London for about 3 years, and I always perceived it as an amorphous mass of concrete. After this tour, however, I started noticing little pieces of art everywhere around me that suddenly made London seem really special, even beautiful. All this thanks to an eye-opening tour by Karim, our knowledgeable and really friendly tour guide. I learned a lot about the history and meaning of the subculture, and even about art in general. Recommended for everyone and every age.

1  Thank Kleine_M
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I love art, and learning, and this tour gave me a chance to do both. It is a fascinating look behind the scenes into London's street art subculture, led by a young man who is extremely knowledgeable and is in fact a street artist himself. I suppose he is also somewhat of an entrepreneur to start this business. I attended this tour alone and was a little hesitant about meeting in a part of London that I wasn't sure was the safest, and I really didn't know what to expect. The meeting location was very well identified through photos they emailed to me before the tour. I was surprised to find at least 20 people waiting for the tour; many of them were locals. I don't think this tour is very well known, although it will be soon when word gets out. It is certainly outside the typical tourist agenda, and I loved that about it.

The tour was four hours but included a rest stop for a bite of lunch and a bathroom break. The guide walked quickly so wear good shoes, and bring a good camera preferably with a powerful zoom lens (my photos were taken with a Nikon D90, 18-200mm zoom lens), as some of the installations were on tops of buildings. Lunch was tasty although the bathrooms were not very clean at the restaurant.

Concentrated in a small area of Shoreditch are a huge number of art works - I guess this area used to have many abandoned buildings and artists could perfect their craft with less fear of being arrested. The guide was able to tell us the real name and street name in most cases of the artists, some of which are world renowned. In addition, he gave us little snippets of info - how they got their start, what inspired them, what country they were from, their medium, and fascinating stories behind their artwork. He would tell us other places in London or the world that we could see additional works. The art was beautiful, fascinating, and I cannot say enough about how good this tour was. Tip well when you go if you can afford it.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The tour is really great and I think Banksy is a phenomenal superstar, though you may want to also visit the latest show in London now http://bit.ly/10Q50Wv, pretty good as it shows the future!

1  Thank shotoree J
See more reviews
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I booked this tour for 40 students and 4 staff from a school in the North East of England. I was impressed first of all by the professional and helpful information I was given by Karim via e-mail before our visit. Karim and Claude our guides were very knowledgeable and we enjoyed our street art tour immensely, taking hundreds of photos. We learnt a great deal and our students were inspired. It was very cold but we can't blame them for the weather! I will definitely arrange this tour again the next time I organise a day trip to London as the students told me how much they got out of it.

Donna Grant Art teacher