“Never been on such a good quality tour - the guide is so passionate that at the end I just wanted to be a street artist myself!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Street Art London Tours

Street Art London Tours
Book In Advance
Book a Tour
Ranked #23 of 658 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Street Art London's street art tour is a walking tour around East London's creative hub for those who want to see all of London's greatest pieces of street art and find out more about the street artists behind them. We will show you all the secret spots, a few forgotten about Banksys and street art from the likes of Roa, Invader and C215! For those with an interest in photography it is also a fantastic oppurtunity to document some of the world's finest street art.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Griff, the guide, is very interesting, very bright and his presentation very well articulated. Oh, and really honest: he's not so much interested in the money there, which is so appreciable in this guided tour world! Apart from the tour itself that I can pretty recommend to anyone (even my grandmum would love it), you'll get the chance to wander around areas of east London that you wouldn't visit otherwise.. highly recommended, and looking forward to the equivalent in Paris, Berlin, Tel-Aviv, ...

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Street art tour opens mind to urban space”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Having read a lot about graffiti and street art over the past few years, I was amazed there was so much I didn't know - I was left thoroughly enriched by our exceptional guide.

Winding our way through the back streets of Shoreditch, Old Street, Brick Lane, I felt like I was part of the action – that Banksy could be anyone of the people walking down the street. Perhaps, our guide, Griff, was even the man himself!

He was extremely patient with our questions and gave very articulate and passionate responses about the art, the artists, and the context of specific works and street art in general - legal and political aspects, etc.

However, it was also quite sad to know that many of the pieces we were shown will be removed by the local authorities, or simply get gone over, or disappear organically. It makes the journey that much more special.

The tour really opened my mind to public space in a way that it is impossible to figure through reading a book or reading a street art blog. And it’s something, I think, can be experienced by anyone, street art fan, or not.

The tour was amazing value for money. Griff throws himself into the trip wholeheartedly and is such an easygoing, intelligent and articulate person. Get on the tour before Griff gets snapped up by the Tate Modern!

Visited July 2011
London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Do not miss this tour!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

This tour was fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone, tourists and Londoners alike. The guide, Griff, took us around the Shoreditch/Brick Lane/Old Street areas and in between, showing us street art which I never would have spotted on my own. The guide is very informative and provides high level, intellectual commentary on the pieces of art as well as the artists, the street art culture and community, and new developments in the field. The only caveat is that if you are unable to be on your feet for a long time you might have to give it a miss as our tour was around 4 hours long (albeit with a lunch break at the cafe by Cargo) and involved lots of walking. However for everyone else, the length and walking nature of the tour are further benefits and I can't stress enough how wonderful the tour was- a perfect way to spend a Saturday!

Visited June 2011
Sydney, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Not just for tourists”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

If you’re looking to do something a bit different in London that will open your eyes to art that you might walk past this is the tour. Griff is an exceptional guide, his knowledge, passion and patience to some of the more unusual questions is unwavering. A tour not just for tourists either as I will be now looking out for the gorgeous tiny Delgado’s, Christiaan’s mushrooms and works by Stik on my way to work and nights out in different parts of the city.
It will also give you a better understanding of the street art scene and although their works may never be hung in a museum what the artists go through to maintain their art is looking its best.
Definitely worth the small fee and 4 hours goes past really quickly.

Visited June 2011
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“excellent tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

this is an excellent tour which was well worth the relative small price. Saw some real hidden gems as well as the big name and big size stuff by the likes of banksy.

The guide really knows his stuff and is genuienly passionate about street art and is able to really enthuse the group.

Dont be put off by the 4 hour timescale on the tour, it sounds like a lot, but its not a 4 hour hike by any means, lots of short walks followed by a break while looking at the art, if a fat smoker like me can manage it, anyone can.

this is a cracking tour we came across at the last minute that turned out to be one of the highlights of our holiday.

Visited July 2011