“Great addition to course trip”

Street Art London Tours
Ranked #23 of 692 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Street Art London's street art tour is a walking tour around East London's creative hub for those who want to see all of London's greatest pieces of street art and find out more about the street artists behind them. We will show you all the secret spots, a few forgotten about Banksys and street art from the likes of Roa, Invader and C215! For those with an interest in photography it is also a fantastic oppurtunity to document some of the world's finest street art.
Germany
“Great addition to course trip”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Over in London on an excursion with a group of students, one of our art teachers suggested this guided tour. To be honest I had no real idea what street art was and just went along out of curiosity - and I was blown away! We had a wondeful guide (Richard) who really knew the scene, he could identify every single piece we came across and told us fascinating stories about the pictures and the artists. For me it was a real eye opener and completely changed the way I now look at the city. I discovered amazing things on this tour and on top of that got to know areas of London I would have never seen on my own. It's a long walk but worth every step you take. I strongly recomment this tour to everyone a little tired of the usual sight seeing programme. It's a great thing to do with students (only question there is if they can spare the cash). Next time I'm planning a trip to London I will include this tour in our package straight away.

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Street Art Virgin!!”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Wow...how could I have existed for this long and never have known about the awesome street art that surrounds us every day!!!It's not that I hadn't noticed it.... but this tour made me open my eyes and appreciate it soooo much more.
London is full of work by amazing street artistsand Griff takes you too see many of these..in areas I had never been to before.I loved the amazing works by Roa...and became infatuated by Invader.Which made my trip to Paris after this tour sooo much more exciting.My day was made happier by how many invaders I spotted on the streets of Paris.
This is a great tour for everyone and I thoroughly recommend it.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“So many hidden gems I'd never known about”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I've just spent one of the most enjoyable and worthwhile 4 hours of this year getting to see all sorts of new artists and getting some great photos of some fantastic bits of artwork. The guide Griff was extremely knowledgeable and very approachable, there wasn't a question he couldn't answer, and it's not like he just knows where to find the art, but also has much to say about the artists themselves, and highlighted some great up and coming artists who I’ll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for.

I had seen some street art around but I did not know too much about who the artists were or how to identify them before this tour, but that did not matter at all, by the time I had completed the tour I felt I had learnt so much, this has opened my eyes to a whole new art genre.

I feel like I have learnt so much in 4 hours, if only learning about art at school was like this then you would get so much more enthusiasm from the kids. I cannot recommend this tour enough, if you have some time to spare then this is a must and definitely worth it over those long summer evenings. Thanks again must go to the fantastic guide who really knows his stuff!

Visited July 2010
London, United Kingdom
“GRAFFITI IS WATCHING YOU !!”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

GRAFFITI IS WATCHING YOU !!

StreetArtLondon TOUR is an interesting and funny way of spending few hours walking through East London.
I've been taken part of this tour because I was curious of seeing many street art pieces. I've discovered that what lots of people consider just a colourful wall in reality is another way of interpreting contemporary art.
The passionate guide’s explanations have highlighted that behind graffiti there is a world of graphic skills, technique capable of expressing - sometimes with irony - London’s life style.
I strongly recommend this tour to everyone interested in exploring this vivid part of the city from an exciting point of view!!

London
“a fantastic way to explore east london”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

This tour provided a wonderful overview of street art and was a lovely way to see east london. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and articulate- he provided a very accessible insight into the themes and debates within street art. A great way to spend a Satuday for both tourists and londoners I can't recommend it enough. The tour will open your eyes and change your way of looking around london.