“very handy for o2 visit”

Premier Inn London Greenwich Hotel
Ranked #166 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Derby, United Kingdom
“very handy for o2 visit”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

staff happy and helpful in everyway possible.rooms clean. beds very comfortable. no noise. parking available. nice eat as much as you want breakfast in nice and clean restaurant. lovely stay, our 2nd, thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We have never stayed at a a Premier Inn before but we were attending the Country2Country weekend at the o2 and thought we would give it a try. We stayed at the Hilton Canary Wharf whilst attending the same event last year and were so disappointed, not with the hotel, it was lovely but the late night transport and eateries were dreadful! The time of the last train from the o2 to Canary Wharf means there is no time to eat at the o2 after the event and there was absolutely nothing open at Canary Wharf or near the Hilton at that time either.

We arrived at the Premier Inn Greenwich at around 9pm on Friday and immediately we were impressed. Check in was so easy and staff so friendly. The bar and dining area were lovely and so we decided that we would look at the menu after dropping our bags in our room. The room was lovely, so clean and a wonderful fresh smell which we also noticed throughout the hallways and rest of the hotel.

The menu was really good and the food was lovely and reasonably priced. The barman and the dining staff were really helpful and friendly. In fact throughout the weekend we found that this was the same with all staff at the hotel.

On Saturday and Sunday we used our oyster cards to get to the o2 by bus and then got a taxi home, no rushing for the last train back to Canary Wharf like last year! The great thing was we were able to have a meal after the concerts on both nights and the taxi back to the Premier Inn was only £8-£10.

Loved this hotel, great location, staff and service - will definitely be returning soon.

Oldham
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Excellent stay at Premier Inn Greenwich. Very comfortable & friendly. Excellent room. Tip-top breakfast.
4 mins walk from Deptford Bridge station (on DLR train to Lewisham).
Ideal for visiting Greenwich attractions - Cutty Sark, Observatory etc.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Scotland
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great welcome was followed by pleasant room with bath (so many place offer only showers) and three great nights' sleep. Breakfast was very good, very hot and plentiful. The reception staff were efficient and friendly as were all members of staff encountered over the three days.
I don't normally stay in budget premises but I was wonderfully surprised by the quality of everything in this particular Premier Inn.
Having enjoyed this Inn, when staying in London in future, I will opt to book again at Premier Inns where I can know I will be very satisfied.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the front of the hotel if you like to keep a window open. Smokers tend to congreg...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I've got to the stage (unconsciously) where a Premier Inn is my hotel of choice if I'm stating somewhere for one night and all I want is the basics, done right.
To me this means somewhere that is clean, has all of the basic facilities that I need, friendly/helpful staff, somewhere to get decent quality food and drink and most importantly of all a good refreshing night's sleep.
Every Premier Inn I've stayed at in recent times has ticked all of these boxes.
I thought at first the 'good sleep guarantee' was a gimmick but they seem genuine in their promise of money back if you're not satisfied.
I've never had to call their bluff however as I always get a good sleep whenever I've stayed.
They always have a good quality bed, quality bed linen, good pillows (and extra ones if you need them). They also seem to make a big effort to keep the noise down with double glazing, extra doors in corridors and signs around to remind guests to keep the noise down.
Whenever I've stayed these measures combine to ensure that I sleep like a baby (better than at home).
The staff have always been friendly and helpful.
The breakfast is buffet style but decent enough - they had fried eggs and scrambled eggs on the counter. I asked for some poached eggs: "no problem", they were made and brought to my table within 5 minutes.
As for value for money. This is London so I expected a high price. I paid £110 for a double room on a Tuesday night. Value for money I thought.
Overall I'm pleased to say "it did exactly what it said on the tin!"

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was treated to a 2 night stay as a surprise birthday gift and loved it. The staff are friendly and very helpful, and made us feel welcome. The food was good and as I avoid fried foods the staff kindly cooked new potatoes instead of chips with my evening meal. Do try the sundae trifle dessert...yummy, we had one to share, it was a good size so more than enough for us both. We stayed on a Sunday and Monday and didn't have to wait to be seated for the meals as there was plenty of seating. Our room was on the 4th floor so we were able to leave the window ajar overnight instead of using the air conditioning. We had 2 good nights sleep on the very comfy bed. We were able to park at the hotel. The hotel was clean and had a lovely fresh, clean smell to it. This hotel is very handy to reach the O2 using transport. Whereas the river Thames, the Cutty Sark, naval museums, loads of restaurants, a cinema, the dlr station, and a local supermarket are within walking distance, plus a bus stop close by. A lovely birthday treat, hope I don't have to wait another year to return to it!

Glasgow
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Very friendly staff make you feel welcome. Breakfast is really good, in fact the only time I ever eat fresh fruit. Cooked breakfast well worth it. Ideally located for the 02 arena, reasonable taxi ride away.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends